New features that I would like to see

chedly_farms

Re: New features that I would like to see

Post by chedly_farms »

Tire wear and the need to change tires would be the bombdiggity. After reading Mwal's post that came to mind. Also oil changes in equipment. Having to grease equipment. All that would take way to much effort and coding to implement probably. Change the oil regularly or else the motor throws a rod and you need to pay x amount for a new/reman motor. Grease implements or they seize up and are rendered useless/need to buy new/used. Tires need changed after so many hours or you lose traction. Weird stuff like that would make the game interesting.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I could see those as long as its all switchable so the player may decide the level of realism desired.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
tomw

Post by tomw »

I would like to see male beef cows not have udders. Don't need the proper parts if you want to keep it kid friendly but the bull with teets is rather odd to me.

Tom W
Orlando, Florida
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Tire wear would be fun.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Is it just me or does the hour metering system bug anyone haha. Like when a tractor has 15 hours on it they say to cash it in for a new one. IRL, if a tractor had 15 hours it would be from factory new, or in Australia that's how it is. Over the 5 tractors we own here, an average on the hour meter is around 7350, way more than 15. I always try to imagine that for every hour clocked on a vehicle etc, is 1000 in real life, so it doesn't bother me to much. Still, I think having 15000 hours on a tractor would make me want to cash it, not 15 haha 😂.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Can you imagine playing 7000h with one tractor? For me, that hour counting is just "nice to know" feature, I don't change my tractors based on hours they have, but when i feel, now is the time. In my current save game i have 3 tractors more than 150h on them.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeah, I kinda wish the hour meter was tied to in game hours, not real hours.

My longest owned piece is a Big Brute with 4 game years on it and its only a little over 48 hours.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

This is a big one.....I would like to see chaff be a feeding option for cows/cattle. Meaning I would like to use fresh chopped corn as feed. Can you do that Giants? please? give it the same nutional option as like grass. I don't care. I just want it as an option.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

As Mwal said, it's kind of sad how much new stuff has issue on short time
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

vovovo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:10 pm Can you imagine playing 7000h with one tractor? For me, that hour counting is just "nice to know" feature, I don't change my tractors based on hours they have, but when i feel, now is the time. In my current save game i have 3 tractors more than 150h on them.
If I looked after it, yeah I'd keep it haha. I wouldn't buy something that I didn't like, I think the longest amount of hours Ive clocked on a tractor was 76 hours, which was on the fiatagri 180-90, on my ballin Craig estate save on fs17. If I multiplied 76 by 100 then I'd get 7600, and that seems like a reasonable number for a tractor of that age. I love that tractor to bits and that's why it's still on my save, and I won't cash it any time soon.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I just multiply hrs by 20, for my play style it works out to IMO be pretty accurate. 2 or 3 yr old 8370R has 100 hrs after being the big/bigger horse for it entire ownership on a 1,000-1,500 ac mixed row crop/small grain, pig, beef, and dairy farm that occasionally is heavy in the contracting business.
7310R is similar hrs and a year older, no longer big horsepower. Or around 2,000-2,200hrs each.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.