New features that I would like to see

chedly_farms

Re: New features that I would like to see

Post by chedly_farms »

On 17, someone made a Horsch grain cart. It had a used version and a new version. The used was cheaper and the paint was worn and the rims were rusty.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Fair enough. The more options the better.
PS4
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

i don't think they could implement used machinery the way it would actually make any difference, if there won't be any breakdowns or otherwise permanent performance loss.
PicanteActor

Post by PicanteActor »

vovovo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:43 pm i don't think they could implement used machinery the way it would actually make any difference, if there won't be any breakdowns or otherwise permanent performance loss.
What about for second hand vehicles you cannot repair them, so they are stuck on 0% and thus all debuffs and paint damage applies. It would sort of incentivise buying new when possible
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

PicanteActor wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 am
vovovo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:43 pm i don't think they could implement used machinery the way it would actually make any difference, if there won't be any breakdowns or otherwise permanent performance loss.
What about for second hand vehicles you cannot repair them, so they are stuck on 0% and thus all debuffs and paint damage applies. It would sort of incentivise buying new when possible
That would be a good idea actually, that would mean tractors and combines have higher fuel consumption and other implements have lower working speed.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

On our old 17 Dedi server, all of the equipment and vehicles we used were adjusted to a fixed pricing scale.

The older the tractor was the cheaper it was to buy, but it still related to the tractors bhp. However the maintenance cost was increased the older it was making it more expensive the longer you kept them, which allowed you to enjoy using them, but made sense to eventually upgrade to newer equipment.

It worked really well.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

PicanteActor wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 am What about for second hand vehicles you cannot repair them, so they are stuck on 0% and thus all debuffs and paint damage applies. It would sort of incentivise buying new when possible
Vehicles that can't be repaired and are constantly stuck in a degraded state? Manufacturers would never agree to that.

Without the above I don't think used vehicles would add anything. Currently no vehicle deteriorates in anything other than resell value, so the why would anyone buy a new tractor over an old one is if they were overflowing with cash.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

vovovo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:57 pm
Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 pm I'd really like the option of selecting or deselecting whatever tractors you dont want to tab to. (If that's the right word)
There's a mod for that
On console? I know it's on pc.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Sorry, don't know about consoles
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

As it`s a script, it`s PC only.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 am
PicanteActor wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 am What about for second hand vehicles you cannot repair them, so they are stuck on 0% and thus all debuffs and paint damage applies. It would sort of incentivise buying new when possible
Vehicles that can't be repaired and are constantly stuck in a degraded state? Manufacturers would never agree to that.

Without the above I don't think used vehicles would add anything. Currently no vehicle deteriorates in anything other than resell value, so the why would anyone buy a new tractor over an old one is if they were overflowing with cash.
I take it the old Fendt tractors came with damaged steering from watching Crumbles driving :mrgreen:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I have a used GMC that was far cheaper than new. It had kilometers clocked on it, I couldn't choose the paint color or interior, but otherwise it was just like new.
When I got the brakes done, they didn't charge me more just because it was a used truck.
My tires cost the same too. My tires and breaks don't wear any faster because it's a used truck.
I don't have to change the oil more often than if it was new. Oil changes don't cost more.
There doesn't need to be a built-in disadvantage to buying used vehicles IMO.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I don’t understand the objections to it either, in real life I have several used tractors and they break down very seldom and the older ones are much easier and cheaper to work on then my newer one. Anyone who wants to say here that brand new equipment breaks down less than used has never had any experience with new stuff. If anything giants should look at things like tire wear or service plans so you don’t pay to maintain things for so many hours when you buy new. Then throw out out the old sale system and throw so many random pieces for 10-20% cheaper with varying hours of use on them.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

New equipment usually has warranty. It also depends how "used" your machines are, at some point there's going to be bearing failures, casket leakages, sensor failures etc. Injectors won't be as good as they used to be, turbos won't be as efficent as they used to be, mechanical wear on pistons and valves, carbon build-up, all that resulting power loss and bigger repair bills. So i think one option could be increasing maintenance fees everytime you service your equipment.
Frag

Post by Frag »

I would like to see weather effect. FS19 feels quite outdated as far as graphic engine goes. I would like:\

- The sky to be gray (not sunny) when it rains.
- Thrunderstorm
- Snowstorm

And even rare tornado that could mess up a track in your field :)

Mostly a complete revamp of the weather :)