Simple feature that is never mentioned

PicanteActor

Simple feature that is never mentioned

Post by PicanteActor »

I see a lot of really good ideas that increase realism. (For example multi terrain angle, seasons, manure system etc.) But something I have never seen mentioned is sectional control for boom-sprays, over application of chemicals is quite a real problem in real life thus the need for sectional shutoff is important, some companies like capstan even take a it step further with individual nozzle control.

There is a really good mod I use for fs19 to simulate sections (even though it requires a number of complicated steps to retrofit onto existing mods)

Just wondering if anyone else feels this would be a good addition to the next game or if I am on my own?
chedly_farms

Re: Simple feature that is never mentioned

Post by chedly_farms »

Precision Farming does this, I believe. It also controls application rates with Manure and Lime.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PicanteActor

Post by PicanteActor »

I just tested it because precision farming dlc sounds the perfect home for my idea but alas no boomspray shutting off sections. But I feel you are onto something, maybe I will see true sectional control in the part 2 of precision farming
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'm hoping that precision farming gets upgraded to work like the section control mod. You can use the mod alongside precision farming though occasionally it doesn't work visually and the animations are still present when the sections are shut off most of the time it works fine.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

There is a section control mod that adds section control, I believe to all sprayers. It doesn’t work with precision farming, which I find essential so I haven’t used it for quite awhile.
If you are on pc you can check it out here:
https://github.com/RivalAUT/FS19_SprayerSectionControl

Edit: I see Norfolk farmer mentioned the same thing
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:48 am There is a section control mod that adds section control, I believe to all sprayers. It doesn’t work with precision farming, which I find essential so I haven’t used it for quite awhile.
If you are on pc you can check it out here:
https://github.com/RivalAUT/FS19_SprayerSectionControl

Edit: I see Norfolk farmer mentioned the same thing
Give the latest version a go as you can use it with PF
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

that mod is awesome. and a must have for me
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

PF doesn’t show sections shutting off, but on Auto application won’t apply anything to stuff that’s already where it should be.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:42 pm PF doesn’t show sections shutting off, but on Auto application won’t apply anything to stuff that’s already where it should be.
Works fine for me most of the time, are you using a sprayer which has got section control added to it?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:47 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:42 pm PF doesn’t show sections shutting off, but on Auto application won’t apply anything to stuff that’s already where it should be.
Works fine for me most of the time, are you using a sprayer which has got section control added to it?
Spreaders.

And also should add I referring to fertilizer not herbicide.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I confused it with variable spray rate which i also used to rely heavily on. THAT doesn’t work with PF, right? I usually try to play as realistically as I can, but couldn’t handle the insane spread rate(is that even a word!?) for lime, so I cheated with variable spray rate to make it a bit more manageable, but with PF it no longer worked so I took it out and grind my teeth when spreading lime now (for what feels like 30 seconds before I have to refill! @@*#!) 🤪
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:18 pm I confused it with variable spray rate which i also used to rely heavily on. THAT doesn’t work with PF, right? I usually try to play as realistically as I can, but couldn’t handle the insane spread rate(is that even a word!?) for lime, so I cheated with variable spray rate to make it a bit more manageable, but with PF it no longer worked so I took it out and grind my teeth when spreading lime now (for what feels like 30 seconds before I have to refill! @@*#!) 🤪
Correct PF and VR doesn’t work together.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm
Spreaders.

That explains it the section control mod is for sprayers, in the zip file it comes with a modded Hardi mega. If you only use a sprayer for applying herbicide then you should have know issues using it with PF.
There are a few sprayers on the modhub setup for it including the JD self propelled one.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:02 am
DEERE317 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Spreaders.

That explains it the section control mod is for sprayers, in the zip file it comes with a modded Hardi mega. If you only use a sprayer for applying herbicide then you should have know issues using it with PF.
There are a few sprayers on the modhub setup for it including the JD self propelled one.
PF and SC work fine for me on Sprayers
VR causes problems I’ve heard though