Constructive feedback thread for FS22

JWE75

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by JWE75 »

I think the gameplay looks good. Agrarplay did good tour with IT and I see Many great approvements. And More to see when it's released....
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Here's my constructive feedback to Giants.
Please listen to the people participating in this forum.
We are just a fraction of your player base, but we care enough to come here and be vocal about what we like and don't like.
If we feel a certain way, there's a good chance that a good chunk of the player base feels the same.

Kerminator said "We've been very clear in the past that if a "seasons" type of thing were to be added in to FS that it would not be as in depth and hardcore as the mod, because we don't want to force these more "hardcore" features on people."

IMHO, giving people the ability to choose the length of a season at the start of the game doesn't make it as in depth or as hardcore as the seasons mod. If you worry that changing the length during gameplay will corrupt the save file, then don't allow it to be changed. A player can start a new game if they want a different season length.

Another big topic is related to the colors and how they make the game look so far. There are mods for 19 that have made everything look so smooth, comfortable and realistic. I don't think most people want cartoony or plastic looking equipment.

There are a couple months left before I see the final product, and I am probably not alone, waiting impatiently, and optimistic.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Kermen wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:32 am Hello, I used to play fs17 on ps4 and had many, many hours of enjoyment.
I recently got fs19 on my PC however one thing that I was really disappointed in was that there was no way to drastically increase the draw distance due to it being limited to 200%
It would be awesome if you would be able to increase it further to mabey 400% in fs22 as that is the point where the circle of higher detail would be large enough that it wouldn't be very noticeable.
I understand that due to limitations the draw distance circle was smaller on ps4.
However, it would be amazing for those with reasonably powerful computers or on ps5 or xbox series x to be able to increase the draw distance to make it so that the draw distance circle isn't noticeable.
Also, the FS podcast is amazing and fs22 is looking like it will bring many great additions to the farming simulator :)
400% is easily doable via a config file edit on FS19. You'll just need a decent GPU with plenty of VRAM.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Hellas Farmer wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 pm I really agree with both of FarmBoss points, not sure which mods really make the game look a lot better as still most don't fix the lighting issues (and all that comes with that) but as it was also stated by Gav above, Calmsden preview screenshots are really the way to go (lighting, foliage textures, sky).
I can't imagine the majority would prefer something else over that and it seems very doable considering it is just one person making the changes.

Regarding seasons, I have seen that "choose seasons length only at start of the save" being suggested in the past but I don't recall if it was answered or even passed through to the suitable Giants staff.

Some confirmation, that it has at least been considered, would be nice as it seems like a possible workaround.
I replied to Kerminators post in this thread, making the suggestion to allow season length choice at the start of a game, so now it's up to them to consider it or not. I think it's clear to them that it's important to most players.

The map you mentioned is the mod I was referring to about the colors and overall coziness.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Great thread!

I'm looking very much forward to starting the new game, and as many others I find it strange that we can only play with 3 days season cycle - but if that's the way Giants can please most players, then so be it.

I would like (especially now that we get manual transmission) to see a rev counter and a speedometer, instead of 2 speedometers. The blue arrow could easely be converted to act as a rev counter, and the digital speedometer could continue it's fine job.

Just a little thought :)
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Make me a happy bunny and fix the silage field colours. The ones being used are all wrong.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The isMainWater attribute only applying to a specific mesh and not invisibly cover the whole map area as it does at the moment so separate meshes can be used at different levels throughout a map and stop this walking on water syndrome with isMainWater deselected when still using Environment.onCreateWater which can cause modHub map fails when used as rivers.

But by far the biggest gripe I personally have with the colours is the metallic textures which reflect bright sunlight even when a vehicle is inside a closed shed at midnight !!
Example from the Preview version video https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1131993250 02:22:29

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 pm I would like (especially now that we get manual transmission) to see a rev counter and a speedometer, instead of 2 speedometers. The blue arrow could easely be converted to act as a rev counter, and the digital speedometer could continue it's fine job.

Just a little thought :)
I can't say I've ever driven a tractor, but when driving semi trucks, I never use the tachometer for shifting. I go off the sound of the engine. Of course, I also shift without using the clutch. :mrgreen:

But a tachometer could be a fun addition.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Modern tractors you can shift whenever you want and don't need the clutch. The clutch is used to put in gear and to help brake.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:15 pm

But by far the biggest gripe I personally have with the colours is the metallic textures which reflect bright sunlight even when a vehicle is inside a closed shed at midnight !!
I can't imagine that'll change anytime soon. Real time reflections that react with the available light are massively heavy on processing power. Many games, including FS, use various graphical tricks to fool you into thinking its a truly reflective surface when its not.

I'm sure one day we'll get ray-tracing and that sort of thing in the game but sadly not now.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The refelections in FS are created using a cube map image so why can't this be changed to a more relevant version at night, might it be possible to do it using the vehicle xml much like the <dayNightObjects> currently used in placeables
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 pm Modern tractors you can shift whenever you want and don't need the clutch. The clutch is used to put in gear and to help brake.
Powershifts…
Plenty of Utilities still have clutches (both synchronized and unsynchronized for the entire gear range and only have power reversers (ex. PowerReverser transmission in 3R, 4M/R, 5E/M, 6E and others)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 pm Modern tractors you can shift whenever you want and don't need the clutch. The clutch is used to put in gear and to help brake.
Interesting. The truck I have now has a 12 speed auto with no clutch (well a computer controlled clutch that engages with the brake pedal), and I can put it in manual mode and choose the shift within the rev limiter.

I really wish I could get a 13 or 18 speed though.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

The only thing I don’t like the sound of is season lengths. Everything else is great or workable, sure the colours/lighting are interesting but it’s really not that big of deal.

I get the logic of what is being said about season lengths and I understand it has to appeal to different play styles but the work around of slowing time, I don’t get that as the whole point in the feature is for the purpose of adding in realism but by adding it into the game in this way, you are making the people who want to use the feature, play unrealistically.
Anyone who wants to play with seasons, has got to do an entire seasons work in one day? If it’s raining on the day of summer, are we supposed to not harvest anything or are we supposed to be combining in the rain? As the farms grow, we’re going to find it increasingly difficult to get everything done so we’ll have to keep slowing the game down until the time is paused. The people who don’t want to play with the seasons have to suffer as well, correct me if I’m wrong, they are going to see the weather/season change but they can just do whatever job they like regardless? So they can go harvesting in the winter, with or without snow? What is the point in seeing seasonal changes if you don’t want to use the feature and 90% of farm activities happen in dry/warmer conditions.
Doesn’t sound like the feature is going to work for any play style.

Would it not be better to set the season lengths to 6-9 days and anyone who doesn’t want to wait for the season to pass or runs out of jobs to do can simply accelerate time or sleep through it? Would it not also be better to just have an option to turn off the seasons and have a default sunny/weatherless environment for those that don’t want to play with the seasons?

Alternatively, give the option to set the season length at the start of a new save and that is that, again people can speed up time or sleep if they want it to pass quicker temporarily.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:57 pmAnyone who wants to play with seasons, has got to do an entire seasons work in one day?
I think you're missing what this version of Seasons (Seasonal Cycles) will be. First off, you can play without seasonal changes at all the same way the default game has always been, so that's not an issue. Also, if you choose to play with seasons, the only option is to play with 3 day seasons (12 day year), not one day seasons as you are saying. The problem of course is that there is no option for season length greater than the current minimum of 3 days.

It is disappointing to hear that the official "fix" for this is to slow down time and make the days longer. I think pretty much everyone who plays with seasons enjoys seeing several days come and go to feel like time is passing. Slowing down time will not be good for feeling like time is passing- you need the day night cycles.

I hope Realismus will want to take on this challenge again to make it right. We also have to hope it will be made available for consoles as well. I don't know if it's just a given now that the Season mods with the new scripts will always be allowed on consoles. I hope so, otherwise I'll be sticking with FS19.
PS4