Constructive feedback thread for FS22

JonOne

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by JonOne »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:04 pm There is a mack semi in fs22. I agree I'm surprised alfalfa isn't in the game yet too.

Yeah I just hoped there’d be a few more semis and maybe some older models but we’ll see in the final release I guess.

I thought maybe implementing the regrow thing with the change to season duration might be a setback but theres no perennials at all yet been announced and actually there’s no cover crops (like triticale or overwintering rye) either so I guess I’ll have to wait for a mod map as in 19.
I know there was a double cropping allowance in realismus Seasons in 19 there’s nothing to say that’ll apply to Giants seasons in 22 I’d hoped they’d shed some light on the rotation planner.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

JonOne wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:04 pm There is a mack semi in fs22. I agree I'm surprised alfalfa isn't in the game yet too.

Yeah I just hoped there’d be a few more semis and maybe some older models but we’ll see in the final release I guess.

I thought maybe implementing the regrow thing with the change to season duration might be a setback but theres no perennials at all yet been announced and actually there’s no cover crops (like triticale or overwintering rye) either so I guess I’ll have to wait for a mod map as in 19.
I know there was a double cropping allowance in realismus Seasons in 19 there’s nothing to say that’ll apply to Giants seasons in 22 I’d hoped they’d shed some light on the rotation planner.

Rotation planner and subsequent yield bonuses was purely part of the Seasons mod. As such, I wouldnt expect it to be part of Giants seasonal cycles
Playing on PC and PS4
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:09 am
JonOne wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 pm

Rotation planner and subsequent yield bonuses was purely part of the Seasons mod. As such, I wouldnt expect it to be part of Giants seasonal cycles
This, precisely. I’m going to go out on a limb and predict a 0% chance that Giants’ version of Seasons incorporates anything at all about rotation. I hope they prove me wrong.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Yah I mean I’ve been saying this with Precision Farming being implemented there has to be some attempt to move towards more accurate processes but there’s very little info released so far so it’s a bit of a gamble whether the seasonal changes are going to be purely aesthetics or have a similar effect as the Realismus iteration.
Looking at it in a broader sense, are there going to be geographically diverse mods for new maps or will it be a mash up of what’s there for the three maps? So much yet to be revealed

*edit
I read more into the Alfalfa and there’s regrowth in olives and vines so it’s just a glaring omission I think it could have been done
Jon, 29
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

I hope we could get some kind of search engine in shop menu with sorting options.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Kamiko wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:21 pm I hope we could get some kind of search engine in shop menu with sorting options.

Absolutely agree it’s painful currently
Jon, 29
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

i hope with the new improved sounds the potatoes and sugar beet sound like potatoes and sugar beet when unloaded and not the grain crops
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

They have said repeatedly, its not the seasons mod, its seasonal cycles. So its a pretty safe bet that its not going to be anything like RM's version. The only thing that looks similar is the planting calendar.
Playing on PC and PS4
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:01 am They have said repeatedly, its not the seasons mod, its seasonal cycles. So its a pretty safe bet that its not going to be anything like RM's version. The only thing that looks similar is the planting calendar.
Spot on, I just hope that nothing in the game changes prevents a full version being modded if the will is there for it to be done.
Dapp

Post by Dapp »

Here the first gameplay video with all the vehicles in the shop! Spoiler alert! For the people who don't want to see the game yet.
Also this is still the preview version of the game, and is played on a non gaming laptop!
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Yea there is some juicy machines in this videos... Mack, Deutz, Faresin, JCB, ...
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I'm liking the large amount of options for forage harvesters, disappointed in the options for skid steers. Kind of weird that they would add another forklift before adding more skid steer options. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I have legitimately purchased a forklift in an fs game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I am holding back watching the videos for right now since they're the preview versions and I want to watch it when it's a finished product, but someone said that there are pieces of equipment missing from the video that are on the official website. So there's still room for more equipment to be added
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Guys just chill :lol: Its just a preview version... there is bunch of stuff missing.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think the problem is we're seeing too much of the game too soon. There are still 3 weeks to release yet we're seeing most of the game literally being played out in front of us.

FS19 was bad enough with those awful "influencer" streams the week before and thus feeling old before it was even released, but this is ridiculous.

They should still be building the hype for the game, giving us snippets in a controlled manner to get excited over, not allowing random partners to release shoddy videos showing most of the game.

It suggests they have no control over their own product and it's hardly a good look having such a poor quality recording.

And I thought mobile phone companies were bad for intentional "leaks"...