Constructive feedback thread for FS22

george.earlslight

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by george.earlslight »

Seems like a case where the brand took over the item name due to popularity, similar to Kevlar, Wettex, etc.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Ya I've always known a telehandler as a teleporter, just thinking now I dont think I've ever actually called them telehandlers lol
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Just watched the presentation of the french map, it looks really nice..just soooo disapointed to see the german BR155 driving around with the pantographs down, how does it get electricity, batteries ?
This is a real immersion killer for me, I hope this obvious with the pantographs is changed in the finished product :/
Hopefully we can also get a train more typicall of France, the map itself looks great though, imo prettier than Elms Creek
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

The french map is definetly improved since we last saw it from gamescom. Imo Elmcreek still looks more true and natural to the location its based upon than the french map though.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Totenfarmer wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:44 pm Just watched the presentation of the french map, it looks really nice..just soooo disapointed to see the german BR155 driving around with the pantographs down, how does it get electricity, batteries ?
This is a real immersion killer for me, I hope this obvious with the pantographs is changed in the finished product :/
Hopefully we can also get a train more typicall of France, the map itself looks great though, imo prettier than Elms Creek
If FS22 were a railway simulator then I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but while I'm farming the trains are very much just part of the background.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The French map is looking pretty good I must say. The sky is looking far better. We've still not seen much variation in the weather but its definitely looking superior to FS19

What a difference the launch version of the game looks over what we saw when Giants first started previewing it.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

My main issue with the French map is that it doesn't really look French, or rather, like Ravensport for FS19, looks like it took inspiration from all over the place so ends up looking like nowhere, but with a few French-looking buildings.

I get that GIANTS want open maps for players, so they can drive combines down roads with 12 metre headers attached, but I wish they'd have one open map (and the American-style maps have always covered that angle) but have another with the style of the other country it is meant to be based in - some detail, obstacles and the correct 'feel'.

At some point I want to see how well GIANTS can do a proper detailed European map. Let them off the leash once in a while.

It must really frustrate the 3D artists. They're coming up with some brilliant buildings and assets yet they're placed in the blandest of maps.
tea addict

Post by tea addict »

now that giants are free from focus, they can go crazy with what ever takes there fancy, maybe the AI will crash in to a tree or maybe vehicle prices will be correct,
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

tea addict wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:33 pm [..]or maybe vehicle prices will be correct,
The game currencies are effectively fictional. Sure you can choose Euro, Pound and Dollar, but there's no currency conversion - they're all identical bar the symbol.

If you wanted to have the common currencies accurately it would be possible, but they'd have to fluctuate every time you started the game, with, for example, American's paying more for a combine than those using Euros, then the next time potentially the opposite. It would be a mess.
tea addict

Post by tea addict »

the prices giants have for the vehicles are not true, there is the case quad trac for i think is 450 thousand, dont quote that, but they are less than that, not by much, its a sim, i know its finnicky, but a farmer m8, pointed this out to me
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I have to be honest, none of the maps excite me so far, I’ll wait for the modders to bring ‘22 to life. Having watched the new French map preview….I barely saw a field or farm!! It was all rivers, bridges, castles, observatory’s…..
Last edited by Simon738 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
tea addict

Post by tea addict »

i agree, i very rarely play 19, i prob play 22 for a bit and wait until m8's have the game
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

tea addict wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:07 pm the prices giants have for the vehicles are not true, there is the case quad trac for i think is 450 thousand, dont quote that, but they are less than that, not by much, its a sim, i know its finnicky, but a farmer m8, pointed this out to me
438,000 in game, presumably in Euros given where GIANTS are based.

Today that equates to £375,000.

Alternatively, if it's in US Dollars that equates to £328,000.

They're presumably just taking the manufacturers MSRP, whereas in reality most items will be unlikely to sell right at MSRP. Given the game is three years old, a lot has happened to the markets in that time too.

Like I say though the currency is essentially fictional with a sign of your choosing strapped on in front of it.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

tea addict wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:07 pm the prices giants have for the vehicles are not true, there is the case quad trac for i think is 450 thousand, dont quote that, but they are less than that, not by much, its a sim, i know its finnicky, but a farmer m8, pointed this out to me
Depends on if used, horsepower, location, like Europe might be different than the states, cab features, etc. Giants gets the data from the companies. Of your looking at mods that's the modder. According to tractor data house a 2015 620 hp quadtrac is about 565,000. On case website you can build your very own brand new steiger or whatever and for a 620 hp it is over 780,000.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
tea addict

Post by tea addict »

they using euro prices, right got ya, im done with this convo now,