Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Ekan

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by Ekan »

No german map for starter this game? Or what we know so far?
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Elmcreek looks amazing! What a great trailer too. This is the first time I feel like Giants has really nailed an all around American map. I almost always play on 4x maps but I'm really excited to play on this one *thumbsup*
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Ekan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:06 pm No german map for starter this game? Or what we know so far?
Starter maps are

Elm Creek - American
Haut-Beyleron - French
Erlengrat - Switzerland

So no, we do not have a basegame German map
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The game looks a lot better in terms of graphics, and I really got the feel of an American countryside while watching the trailer. Well done Giants *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It does look impressive from what was shown.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Thought I'd seen some of that footage before --- 22 Jul 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAF0gK ... vP&index=5
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

The map looks good.

On the baseball field clip there is a visible circle edge at the bottom where the texture quality changes...looks like this is still a thing..
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I would say we will still have the circle of doom just hope it's not so pronounced as it currently is, it's one if the main reasons I prefer smaller maps as it's less noticeable.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The circle looks fine compared to earlier footage. It's easily visible from above (as the circle extends relative to the camera's horizontal view and disregards the vertical, so it's much easier to see the higher you go), but how often are you up that high?

Compared to the GamesCom footage where the circle was very close to the player (closer than FS19) it's a big improvement. I was getting worried for game performance despite the technical improvements, but given this was in a video we could see footage was smooth and the circle wasn't even visible from the ground (and most LOD distance textures blend better too), so they've obviously improved performance and viewing distances a lot since then.

They'll have been using a top system to record it no doubt, but hopefully it should be fine for those with decent hardware and the new gen consoles.

Obviously on lower hardware and older consoles in particular I assume the circle is going to remain annoyingly close but there's no easy solution to that that I can see - foliage is quite taxing on hardware.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

h3rich wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:54 pm The map looks good.

On the baseball field clip there is a visible circle edge at the bottom where the texture quality changes...looks like this is still a thing..
Not surprising but i think the radius is increased. That circle not going anywhere soon maybe when giants releases fs for newer consoles only.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Textures are very nice in this trailer. Corn looks like corn now!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Yeah this new footage looks 100X times better than the past footage. I've been thinking the game has looked steadily nicer over the last month or so with the more recent screen shots.

Really looking forward getting FS22. Still slightly on the fence about getting it on launch day though. I had it in my mind I wanted my first experience of it to be with one of OxygenDavid's upcoming maps. I thought that would be a better first impression over Giants default maps. Elmcreek does actually look pretty decent though.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I can't wait to see a blog on animals food / maintenance...heard somewhere they were working it...

This need lot of improvement!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I’ve enjoyed the fact sheets but I must admit seeing the 9250 I was still holding out for a Geringhoff or MacDon reel header, rather than just the main brands and a few classic Semis (Mack or otherwise) but it would appear not.
I think I’m swayed towards preordering but I doubt I’ll cross entirely before the mods catch up and a few fixes get applied as with 19 I took 6 months to come over from 17.
I was intrigued at the addition of Milo but the continued omission of alfalfa. The production chains are great in principle but the lack of enhancement to the silage process (namely the lack of functionality of the stake silos and any haylage opportunities) is a bit of a sinker for me when it comes to dairy operations whether this gets addressed with an animal husbandry post or not is another matter.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There is a mack semi in fs22. I agree I'm surprised alfalfa isn't in the game yet too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.