Constructive feedback thread for FS22

antonwardo

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by antonwardo »

I think there are a lot of little changes to this version of the game that are going to add up.

It's great to see things like rolling seed beds, variable bale capacity, changing textures for different cultivation types.

I was on the fence about pre-ordering, I'm not regretting my decision so far.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:11 am Farming Simulator makes you think that skid steers are a terrible choice of equipment for getting around tight spaces, but in real life they're so fun to drive and operate. FS skid loaders frustrated me so much until I started using the Bobcat 863 on the ModHub. The physics on that one make it bearable. It also helps that you can see the forks better on that one. Only run a forklift once in real life, and they're handy, but only work if you want pallet forks

Writing that reminds me of the Linde mod for FS17 that let you put a bucket on a forklift. That was a neat mod that I used all the time
Yeah it's funny when I watch American YouTubers man they use skid steer loaders Alot! Here in the UK it is all about the telehandler and would never dream of touching a skid steer.
But traditionally you would think America everything is big and huge but yet they use tiny little skid steers and here in old traditional Britain it's big telehandlers with big lift capacity and even higher height capacity 😂.
Never know maybe the US might catch up one day 😜
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Skid can fit in more places where a telehander can't. If we need to lift something a skid can't, we get the tractor loader or a wheel loader. Telehandlers are used more for construction for putting rafters up.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Everyone that I hear using a telehandler in America hates them. They don't seem to last long unless they're on lighter duty jobs. You can't push a telehandler like a wheel loader in our farm's situation. We had a few years ago, and all they ever did was cause problems. We moved to wheel loaders and they were so much nicer. We run four loaders and a skid steer. The loaders take care of a lot of the jobs, but the skidsteer does a lot of tight spaces and calf shed duties
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I hate telehandlers, way to narrow of tires for way to heavy of machine. They’re good for building buildings or as a small loader on pavement but they are trash anywhere else. A big skid steer can match a small telehandler for lifting and if it’s bigger than that get a payloader or backhoe
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Guess it's very much a case of horses for courses as over here in most yards a skid steer would be too small and wheel loaders tend to be in the majority owned by contractors for silage pit work. In the UK JCB tend to be the weapon of choice for most which is why I was glad to at long last see one coming to the basegame all be it in the "unofficial" Polish stream.
pavelman

Post by pavelman »

I suppose there is a discussion of forklifts, have they already forgotten about FS 22 or have you lost interest?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:41 pm I hate telehandlers, way to narrow of tires for way to heavy of machine. They’re good for building buildings or as a small loader on pavement but they are trash anywhere else. A big skid steer can match a small telehandler for lifting and if it’s bigger than that get a payloader or backhoe
Just throwing this out, (Ag) telehandler or telescopic forklift (construction telehandler)?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Fun fact: Brits call the telehandler a teleporter!
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The new AI perhaps,

https://youtu.be/Y-LqTY44vEo
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

George earlslight. I dont know where you get your info from but i have worked in the british construction industry for 10 years and i have never heard anyone say teleporter
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

george.earlslight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am Fun fact: Brits call the telehandler a teleporter!
teleporter was the name of the Sanderson brand telehandlers made in the UK, be they 2ws, 4ws or articulated.

ultimately in 1990 they got them selves in financial trouble by buying other company's.

the the telehandler business being sold to Avelling Barford who made the first telehandlers for Caterpillar (Avelling Barford also owned MATBRO which they sold in 1991).

when Avelling Barford liquidated in 2010 Claas purchased part of the remaining telehandler business side of things including defunct Sanderson and its patents, the MATBRO side of thing having being sold 1991.

(MATBRO telehandler are what Terex and John Deere telehandlers are based upon, JD using licenced designs from Terex who owned MATBRO from 1999, with JD prior to 1999 licencing directly with MATBRO who built the telehandler directly for JD with a JD engine and appropriate green and yellow paint).
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

b101uk wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:36 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am Fun fact: Brits call the telehandler a teleporter!
teleporter was the name of the Sanderson brand telehandlers made in the UK, be they 2ws, 4ws or articulated.
Great piece of historic info, thanks!
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

If you check out Nick's farm on YouTube, they have an old Sanderson Teleporter they still use. There's a few other UK/Irish YouTube farmers who still call them Teleporters as well.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Part of my business is repairing agricultural vehicles and I'd say that it is far from uncommon to be asked to have a look at a "teleporter" regardless of what make it is many farmers do indeed refer to them as that.