Constructive feedback thread for FS22

hun3

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by hun3 »

I watched the latest video again and noticed the vegetation don't have animation...I thought that was a thing in 19 already. Is it not finalized?
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:23 pm At some point I want to see how well GIANTS can do a proper detailed European map. Let them off the leash once in a while.
Nah, we have Oxygen David for that :mrgreen:
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:02 am
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:23 pm At some point I want to see how well GIANTS can do a proper detailed European map. Let them off the leash once in a while.
Nah, we have Oxygen David for that :mrgreen:
*thumbsup*
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Having just watched the new ‘cross play’ video, it appears the logitech panel will work for the new sim on PlayStation. Are there any thoughts of making it available for Xbox too? Or an Xbox dedicated peripheral? Seen as though it’s the only platform to miss out.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Simon738 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 am Having just watched the new ‘cross play’ video, it appears the logitech panel will work for the new sim on PlayStation. Are there any thoughts of making it available for Xbox too? Or an Xbox dedicated peripheral? Seen as though it’s the only platform to miss out.
You would have to talk to Logitech or Microsoft for that. Its actually supposed to work for PC only but for some reason the Playstation seems to recognize it
Playing on PC and PS4
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Has anyone else noticed that of all the revealed equipment for FS22, there's not one tow behind or tow between seed drill/air cart combo?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Chrysolit

Post by Chrysolit »

2 minor "complaints";

1. Why do the 4wd tractors still have a completely rigid frame. Like irl, they should oscillate and flex to contour to the land. This would help massively in regards to traction in bumpier conditions.

2. As far as I know the seeds of the harvested cotton are not taken into account. This could be a nice little addition to the oil production line, seeing as the seeds often get collected irl. Or if not used in oil production, how about animal feed?

My two cents, otherwise thoroughly excited for the release.
Keep up the great work!
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm Has anyone else noticed that of all the revealed equipment for FS22, there's not one tow behind or tow between seed drill/air cart combo?
I have a feeling that there's a major Case pack coming because it's on the cover but severely unrepresented. It will probably have the quadtrack, precision aircarts, and early rise planters, etc., in my opinion.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:20 am I have a feeling that there's a major Case pack coming because it's on the cover but severely unrepresented. It will probably have the quadtrack, precision aircarts, and early rise planters, etc., in my opinion.
I also think it's a safe bet to expect a Case DLC with Steiger, Quad, planters, seeders, tillage equipment, etc.
It's already obvious that they're working closely with CNH, given the range of equipment NH has been represented with.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

george.earlslight wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:25 am
SimpleFarmer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:20 am I have a feeling that there's a major Case pack coming because it's on the cover but severely unrepresented. It will probably have the quadtrack, precision aircarts, and early rise planters, etc., in my opinion.
I also think it's a safe bet to expect a Case DLC with Steiger, Quad, planters, seeders, tillage equipment, etc.
It's already obvious that they're working closely with CNH, given the range of equipment NH has been represented with.
Coming around Christmas or new years imo. The first dlc says it's new vehicles during that time frame. I'm confused why they didn't just put them all in the base game. They have a complete line of New Holland and John Deere... why not Case IH?
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Chrysolit wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:30 pm 1. Why do the 4wd tractors still have a completely rigid frame. Like irl, they should oscillate and flex to contour to the land. This would help massively in regards to traction in bumpier conditions.
This has been long overdue, even some of the ridged frame tractors suffer from it like the XERION due to the lack of articulation in the front axle.

however some of the 4wd tractors (articulated) have the problem that what permits the front and rear halves to have longitudinal torsion thus the wheels stay on the ground upon cross-undulation is an osculating top-link* (not to be confused with a 3pt top-link), but the top-link of the articulation system is held by 2 pins, the aft pin** of the top-link is directly above the bottom pin** of the steering articulation point (the axis the front and rear halves of the tractor pivot about for steering), the front pin** of the top-link which is forward of the aft top-link pin** and the lower pin thus allows the top-link to osculate side to side, while is the weight of the front and rear halves wanting to rest on their respective wheels/tracks, that keeps the top-link central on flat ground and pushed to one side on cross-undulation.

* NH for example calls it Tri-point osculation
** sometimes it is reversed like with NH etc.
Image below is a NH T9

as you can imagen the above would be a bit harder to animate and may have physics problems in-game.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Chrysolit

Post by Chrysolit »

b101uk wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:06 am as you can imagen the above would be a bit harder to animate and may have physics problems in-game.
We have already seen mods in both FS17 & FS19 that allow for this articulation. Therefore I find it hard to believe that it is a physics problem?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

KarlFarms' AFS Connect Steiger is a good example of what FS machines are capable of having in respect to articulation. So physics is not an obstacle
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Chrysolit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:38 pm
b101uk wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:06 am as you can imagen the above would be a bit harder to animate and may have physics problems in-game.
We have already seen mods in both FS17 & FS19 that allow for this articulation. Therefore I find it hard to believe that it is a physics problem?
well I haven't seen any, but then I don't use many mods, plus there are various ways to cheat the effect, where the oscillating top-link functionally has no "physics" load on it and is merely behaving much like a steering ram though fixed in length, and if you were to look very closely you would see that the joint providing the steering and the provision of torsion is just a two-axis joint, rather than a three-axis joint which would require another joint-set to stabilise it and the stop the tractor collapsing in the middle and thus have physics load placed on that joint-set too in resisting the tractor collapsing in the middle.

of course a cheating two-axis setup done well is still better than Giants single-axis.

and if we go back into the past when moders had front axle articulation or cab shaking etc before Giants, it was most often shockingly bad in comparison to how Giants finally implemented it themselves.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Agri-Works

Post by Agri-Works »

george.earlslight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am Fun fact: Brits call the telehandler a teleporter!
i'm not sure, near me people usually call teleporters forklifts and industrial forklifts pallet lifters