Constructive feedback thread for FS22

blue_painted

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am I think the problem is we're seeing too much of the game too soon. There are still 3 weeks to release yet we're seeing most of the game literally being played out in front of us.

FS19 was bad enough with those awful "influencer" streams the week before and thus feeling old before it was even released, but this is ridiculous.

They should still be building the hype for the game, giving us snippets in a controlled manner to get excited over, not allowing random partners to release shoddy videos showing most of the game.

It suggests they have no control over their own product and it's hardly a good look having such a poor quality recording.

And I thought mobile phone companies were bad for intentional "leaks"...
This is exactly why I am avoiding those videos ... and it's diminishing any respect I had for those streamers.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am
+1 *thumbsup*
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Giants marketing leaves a lot to be desired, I know this is probably their first attempt at self marketing but surely they have learned something from studying other game releases, there's a lot to be said for the old saying "less is more"
Streamers/Influencers are only in it for the money so the way they present a new product doesn't come into it, its the hype around it that leads to higher viewing figures also the crazy or wackier they present anything is also just to get higher viewing figures not necessarily to promote the product.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am I think the problem is we're seeing too much of the game too soon. There are still 3 weeks to release yet we're seeing most of the game literally being played out in front of us.

FS19 was bad enough with those awful "influencer" streams the week before and thus feeling old before it was even released, but this is ridiculous.

They should still be building the hype for the game, giving us snippets in a controlled manner to get excited over, not allowing random partners to release shoddy videos showing most of the game.

It suggests they have no control over their own product and it's hardly a good look having such a poor quality recording.

And I thought mobile phone companies were bad for intentional "leaks"...
Well said Gav
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I really can't see the point of all the leaked info why not just come out and say what's what, I see the latest on YouTube today is about used equipment.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Its strange that Giants haven't bothered to update the static and frankly totally wooden looking driver figures. Thats something that seems leftover from a bygone era of the game. Its a small thing of course but its these little details that make a difference. They should look at Snowrunner for inspiration on how to give the farmer in the vehicle a bit of life.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you've seen one of the Polish videos this week they have updated them. Apparently they are now impaled on a spring and swing absurdly backwards and forwards when accelerating or braking sharply or changing gear. I can only imagine this wasn't the final version of the player model or wasn't ready for this particular tractor (MF 3670).

I don't think there are any spoilers in this clip of the video, but obviously don't watch the full video if you're trying to avoid spoilers: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxmDpSJ2LuvX ... tSdQqoD3Lu
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Well thats certainly a lot less static lol. Its too far in the opposite direction though. We'll file this under 'something that will need tweaking post release'.

I do love that modern vintage Massy tractor though. Nice!
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Well, I'm sure that animation will fit quite nicely with the guy in SnowRunner trying to hold onto the steering wheel while in 1st Person View. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

redglasses wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I have legitimately purchased a forklift in an fs game.
With the "production chains" coming... maybe this will change. But, in FS19 I usually purchase the forklift. I keep it parked up at the shop, use it to load seed, fertilizer, lime, etc... onto my trailer when I'm in need of some more supplies when working the fields. So, with the production chains coming about in FS22, I may end up purchasing more forklifts and keeping 1 at each place to load the pallets. As for skidsteers though, I keep one parked up around each animal pen. With the appropriate loader attachments... whether for cleaning the manure pit, cleaning the feeding area, moving about bales, etc... so, I tend to use a bit of everything. :biggrin2: :hi:

PS. I do agree though, I wasn't expecting so many forklift varieties.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:43 pm
redglasses wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I have legitimately purchased a forklift in an fs game.
With the "production chains" coming... maybe this will change. But, in FS19 I usually purchase the forklift. I keep it parked up at the shop, use it to load seed, fertilizer, lime, etc... onto my trailer when I'm in need of some more supplies when working the fields.
See I did this for my first few play throughs, but the problem is every time I'm like "man this looks so cool, it looks legit" and then I jump into the forklift to run it, run it for 5 minutes before becoming frustrated. Then what's the next thing I do? Sell the forklift and buy a skid steer to park at the shop :lol: I just can't stand those damn things, it's a skid steer or nothing my guy
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I found for pallets, in 19, the forklift made then really easy to use. The skid was ok, you get one flinging every once in awhile, same with a loader.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ya that's fair enough. The thing was for me at least is I got so used to running a skid steer that loading pallets with it was way easier then anything else. I would love to see a moffett setup in the next fs game. Don't know how popular they are on the ag side of things but on the construction side those setups are pretty popular.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Farming Simulator makes you think that skid steers are a terrible choice of equipment for getting around tight spaces, but in real life they're so fun to drive and operate. FS skid loaders frustrated me so much until I started using the Bobcat 863 on the ModHub. The physics on that one make it bearable. It also helps that you can see the forks better on that one. Only run a forklift once in real life, and they're handy, but only work if you want pallet forks

Writing that reminds me of the Linde mod for FS17 that let you put a bucket on a forklift. That was a neat mod that I used all the time
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

Hello! :)

Do you know what the resolution and fps will be on Xbox Series X?