RTK System

Lapaz

RTK System

Post by Lapaz »

I have downloaded and scrapped this system 3 times hoping to see some working system, but so far, nada. I'm on PS4. The only mod I can see with downloadable GPS is the DB 120 John Deere planter...any other seems to be show.

AI seems worse with the mod and since I'm old school and not interested in the other Precision Farming features, I'm wondering if this is just a waste of time and slots.

As with all of us, I would love an AI worker that could do reconfigured fields.
aklein

Re: RTK System

Post by aklein »

All this does is make the AI worker better understand the working width of the implement they are using. Base AI will overlap a little thus a 6M seeder will overlap so it only actually uses 5-5.5M working width. As a result if the seeder is one that also cultivates then it uses more seed, if its a spreader or sprayer then it uses more product and if its anything else it just takes more time as each pass is slightly less than it could be. The larger the field the more pronounced this is.

With the RDK building down the AI calculates the true working width of the implement. It does not run faster nor does it use less product aside from the fact its not overlapping. With no overlap then no spray, fert or seed is wasted by the overlap. All jobs are done faster because the full working width can be used of the tool and as such the less passes the helper needs to make.

Pay close attention when harvesting for example you will see a bit of the header out of crop with standard helper where as with the RTK building down the AI uses all of the header width.
Lapaz

Re: RTK System

Post by Lapaz »

Ok, thanks for the reply. With what I'm doing, it is not much difference and I'm still getting AI workers who should be looking for other jobs, lol.