Season, cow and TMR question for veteran milk producers :)

Frag

Season, cow and TMR question for veteran milk producers :)

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I played over a 1000 hours of FS19 so far, but never did milk production. I really enjoy myself discovering that new industry. I was wondering....

When you buy a cow (with season mod), it is not fertile and will not produce milk until it gives birth. Is it worth feeding those TMR before they produce milk? Could I wait for them to produce milk before serving them TMR or it will slow down their growth?

Also ... when will they start producing slurry? They only produce manure so far.

Thanks
DEERE317

Re: Season, cow and TMR question for veteran milk producers :)

Post by DEERE317 »

It won’t affect much/anything.
Stop giving them straw, then you’ll get liquid manure.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I dont think you can reach maximum productivity without feeding tmr. That being said, you dont have to feed tmr the whole time they are pregnant but you might want to start feeding it as they get closer to calving so that they are at or close to maximum when they start producing milk.
Playing on PC and PS4
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

It takes a long time to reach max productivity, so it is beneficial to feed them TMR all the time. The young animals grow faster also if fed TMR also.