Gravity Wagon = I buy FS 22 at release

JonOne

Re: Gravity Wagon = I buy FS 22 at release

Post by JonOne »

100% with you Ched. Except It’ll take a 2390 and a White’s/GMC/early Volvo to make me up sticks from Griffin 19. And a bigger crop sensor to fix precision farming.
Too many durn LEDs on all that new stuff and don’t even get me grinding about that government juice. Happened with 19 too I remember I was 250 hours into coldborough park and it eventually took seasons being released on 19 for me to jump over.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

JonOne, for 19 and John Deere coming on, I was really hoping we'd see a Poppin Johnny or the iconic 4020 in the game from Giants, but sadly it never happened. So I've learned not to expect older machines from them. Older machines to Giants means the 7810.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Right there with you C, a cabless JD was a no-brainer to me but then I see all the giants JD with EU stripes, no flashers on the vanilla models and I realised pretty quick they’d missed the buck. But it is a game developer from the eu so that plays into it too. I think with absolutely maximum respect to the modder community, there’s been a fair few big new JD models pumping out which are smacking of MillFarmer and only a trickle of older smaller stuff has got through which is where the demand would appear to be I’m guessing. Having looked at the Friday fact sheets it doesn’t look too different and having the maturity of 17 and now 19 it’s not enough to entice me over. The build mode showcased all these new fancy sheds but there’s no PTO driven augers and the silos still only have halfway gravity spouts for overfilling trailers. Also, Sukup (other brands available no connection) licenced their equipment for the movie Silo ( a must watch ) but they don’t appear to be in 22 which is a shame because it’s little things like that that would appeal to a wider audience. Take the mf map that thing had a tonne of traction, countless threads from on average balance younger demographic asking when’s it coming out because it’s a massive phenomenon on YouTube. There’s a swath of other channels on there now and that’s what is going to entice new people to the genre. And giving them more things they recognise from that platform is surely a good thing for the growth of the developers and I’m sure the average farmer on there doesn’t have a dozen brand new 8RTs and a 2020 Mack semi parked on the porch. I’m rambling but I sure would like some old beat up equipment to get a look in rather than the minimum required to make Start from Scratch possible
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

A 7810 is old, it’s 25 years old hahaha. But honestly it’s generational now you see a lot more fixed up 1086’s, 4440’s, 1070’s, and tw-25’s, or at least those aged machines. That’s what your current generation of farmer looks to as the tractor their dad ran when they were kids. Just like the old n series fords, farmalls, or old 2 cylinder deeres were what that generation wanted to fix up.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:54 am A 7810 is old, it’s 25 years old hahaha. But honestly it’s generational now you see a lot more fixed up 1086’s, 4440’s, 1070’s, and tw-25’s, or at least those aged machines. That’s what your current generation of farmer looks to as the tractor their dad ran when they were kids. Just like the old n series fords, farmalls, or old 2 cylinder deeres were what that generation wanted to fix up.