When will Giants make a Gleaner combine?

chedly_farms

Re: When will Giants make a Gleaner combine?

Post by chedly_farms »

Brian Brown is the youtuber, he has put some tiktoks of it running already. Not sure if he has had time to edit the youtube versions of it running yet. That will probably change throughout the week.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Oh boy, if we're gonna talk about AGCO companies not in the game, we could be going down the "Who did WFE buy out" rabbit hole :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm disappointed Farmboss didnt say....."when you make it".....or....."when a modder makes one" lol
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:46 pm Oh boy, if we're gonna talk about AGCO companies not in the game, we could be going down the "Who did WFE buy out" rabbit hole :lol:
Oh jeeze… It gets really bad when you make that Agco…
Deere and Claas are simple at least…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:08 pm I don’t know how licensing works, I’m not gonna pretend to be an expert and know. All this time everyone says White and Allis Chalmers are covered under the AGCO blanket. But Jullian F Modding released them as AGCO products. So with Versatile on board this year, Kubota and Gleaner are really the two big N. American brands not yet in the game. Any idea if we could see them coming to FS22?
The problem is that the people who say "this old brand is covered under this new brand" have no idea how licensing works.
Playing on PC and PS4
lawm

Post by lawm »

Sooooo.....are you gonna share how licensing works orrrrrr......???
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

lawm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:29 pm Sooooo.....are you gonna share how licensing works orrrrrr......???
Well there's a reason why we don't have all that old vintage equipment that has since been bought by another company or merged with another company. It all comes down to the agreement of the sale or whatever you want to call it. The new company may or may not have rights to the old brand or equipment. If they do have the rights it's also possible they don't want to give out licensing for stuff they are no longer selling
Playing on PC and PS4
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

See Ford and New Holland for example. I'm not going to research it now, but it's along the lines of New Holland had the rights to use the Ford name for a limited time, and some of the vehicle designs going further forward. But we can't (currently at least) have Ford as a licensed brand as while NH may still have the rights to the tractors, GIANTS don't have a license to use the Ford name.

Similar to why we probably won't have Renault tractors despite Claas taking them over.

Off the top of my head only Fiat as a current brand have had a historic licensed vehicle.

It gets even more complicated when companies have gone out of business, no longer exist, have been split up or have limited rights to names only in certain countries.

I've no idea about Gleaner specifically, but it has apparently been under the umbrella of other companies several times. Who knows what restrictions might come from contracts drawn up perhaps decades ago. Or perhaps GIANTS just aren't interested.

Short version, there are a lot of reasons why a brand might never appear.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

Gleaner is a different situation then ford would be as AGCO is a acronym for Alice Gleaner Corporation.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:24 pm
lawm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:29 pm Sooooo.....are you gonna share how licensing works orrrrrr......???
Well there's a reason why we don't have all that old vintage equipment that has since been bought by another company or merged with another company. It all comes down to the agreement of the sale or whatever you want to call it. The new company may or may not have rights to the old brand or equipment. If they do have the rights it's also possible they don't want to give out licensing for stuff they are no longer selling
Thanks, I felt left on a cliff with no answer or idea. Basically it boils down to that small modders can make an upload whatever they want because it's not worth company's time chasing after all these little fires but when you need to go through giants mod hub, at that point it becomes big enough for agco John Deere and such to Sue somebody. Now if they can make white tractors and market them as agco is there any restrictions on how much a unit resembles the real life counterpart and just the name is changed? Like could you make a gleaner and it looks exactly like a model but yet it's called agco?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Isn't there a white on console? Also I think you need to change more than just a name.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

There is a White, but rebranded as an AGCO. And the Allis Chalmers 8550 is rebranded as AGCO ALLIS. So yes, the are there with minor rebranding. Just as the Scania trucks are there rebranded as Griffin.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Thanks chedly_farms.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

xClawx28 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm Gleaner is a different situation then ford would be as AGCO is a acronym for Alice Gleaner Corporation.
I wasn't saying it was the same, I was just giving an examples of how it's rarely that simple with old companies.