When will Giants make a Gleaner combine?

ASOLANDRI

Re: When will Giants make a Gleaner combine?

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:42 pm Just as the Scania trucks are there rebranded as Griffin.
Infact if you haven't noticed, that truck has the same name as Griffin, Indiana 19 :lol:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Cant say if I'm right or wrong, but I remember someone saying if the emblem (not sure whether they mentioned anything about name)for an unlicensed brand isn't on the mod it's apparently good to go, that's just what I heard, if I could mod I'd try it for myself but that ain't happening anytime soon lol
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

That would seem about right, look at the Lizard F350, we all know what it is, the only glaring difference is the emblem says Lizard.
Not knocking it, totally love that truck, one of my go to's. But its only got minor differences from the actual thing, alot of the trucks are like that now and I'm totally ok with it lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
lawm

Post by lawm »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:20 pm That would seem about right, look at the Lizard F350, we all know what it is, the only glaring difference is the emblem says Lizard.
Not knocking it, totally love that truck, one of my go to's. But its only got minor differences from the actual thing, alot of the trucks are like that now and I'm totally ok with it lol
We all know what it is? What are you talking about? Is it like a cyber truck? Lol jk
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

xClawx28 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm Gleaner is a different situation then ford would be as AGCO is a acronym for Alice Gleaner Corporation.
What AGCO stands for is irrelevant, all that matters is AGCO is a new company and Gleaner was the old company. It just depends on how Agco is handling licensing for their old and new brands
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

xClawx28 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm Gleaner is a different situation then ford would be as AGCO is a acronym for Alice Gleaner Corporation.
And has a clear cut path of lineage. Allis Chalmers bought Gleaner out early on, AC was bought by Deutz Fahr, (became Deutz Allis) and was sold off and merged with White Farm Equipment (Owner of Oliver, MM, and I think MF) to make Agco, along with New Idea at one point before that was killed off. Then they bought Cat’s Ag division (Challenger) a bit later. Throw Fella, Valtra, Fendt, and some minor brands (Such as GSI) in there (not positive of how those acquisitions went) and you have modern AGCO, a leader at making advanced machines with spotty dealer coverage and plenty of bugs. :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:20 pm That would seem about right, look at the Lizard F350, we all know what it is, the only glaring difference is the emblem says Lizard.
You can go back as far as FS2011 with that, with the base game featuring the Claas Senator and New Holland Clayson combines and the International tractor in all but name - not sure what the green tractor was. Fendt? Deutz (though they were in the game anyway)?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:32 pm ...and was sold off and merged with White Farm Equipment (Owner of Oliver, MM, and I think MF) to make Agco, along with New Idea at one point before that was killed off.
Cockshutt actually. Pretty sure Massey Ferguson was a different deal

The fact that it takes half the thread participants to trace AGCO's lineage shows how complicated their mergers were :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:36 am
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:32 pm ...and was sold off and merged with White Farm Equipment (Owner of Oliver, MM, and I think MF) to make Agco, along with New Idea at one point before that was killed off.

The fact that it takes half the thread participants to trace AGCO's lineage shows how complicated their mergers were :lol:
Think you’re right.
And forgot that Ferguson and Massey Harris merged in the 40’s or 50’s, and that’s after Ford and Ferguson made a few nearly identical tractors…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 am
Dairydeere wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:36 am

Think you’re right.
And forgot that Ferguson and Massey Harris merged in the 40’s or 50’s, and that’s after Ford and Ferguson made a few nearly identical tractors…
Fordson and fords with the Ferguson system. This is the song that never ends lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm still chuckling over "Alice Gleaner...." I know it was probably a typo, but I'm dumb sometimes.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Maybe that's why Gleaners are joked about so much, they went down the rabbit hole :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:40 pm I'm still chuckling over "Alice Gleaner...." I know it was probably a typo, but I'm dumb sometimes.
Old Alice Gleaner lives down the road from me. She is a sweet and kind lady who helps a few neighbours at harvest sometimes. I often see her working in her yard and she always waves.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I agree, strangely I was just thinking how there’s a lack of old models in this game; old white’s semis, a Case 2390, some sort of old Versatile and a boxy self immolating Gleaner would do it for me. Maybe with the addition of the old DF harvester in 22 there’s scope for one to be modded in but they’re a pretty niche model for Giants to scratch in there as vanilla IMO. I’d definitely like some old 4x2 equipment, tractors and harvesters, just to see how far things have come compared to today’s monsters.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I dream of a yellow Claas combine for my American map.