FS22 early gameplay

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: FS22 early gameplay

Post by Stegei »

The footage comes from a press event we held for the Polish community (there have been also other local events in the past and there will be more in the future). It of course shows more content that then Gamescom version, but it is still very limited and only shows the vehicles that have been announced already. So they are not actually presenting much new information (except for maybe one or the other detail that no one else has spotted yet). But they are presenting it to an audience that we might not be able to reach without those local events.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Thanks for replying Stegei, though it very definitely does show unannounced things.

[FS22 spoilers]
We've seen there are used vehicles at discounted prices, which hasn't yet been announced, numerous vehicles and implements in the store which weren't yet knocn about (JD 4755, JCB Loadall, the two Deutz-Fahr tractors and so on)
[Spoilers end]

It would be far better for GIANTS themselves to record such videos and then present that footage to ambassadors and "influencers" to post, providing their own commentary if desired. That way GIANTS have a degree of control and we don't suddenly get 75%+ of the community wondering what on earth is going on.

If you do regard such events as important then place an embargo on those attending until most languages have been covered, then let them all post together. Not reveal 50% of the game in one fell swoop a full three weeks from release, excluding everyone who doesn't speak Polish.

Then you've got bugs which are shown, such as the driver on a spring in the MF3670, bouncing back and forward.

It doesn't show GIANTS off in a good light, instead it comes across as uncoordinated and disjointed. I realise at this time you can't expect to hold such events in every language, but that's why this seems so odd to only concentrate on one demographic.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

For me I agree definitely things were mentioned that I had no knowledge of previously one of which I was very glad too see given how many I encounter when out and about on farms here in the UK.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:24 pm Thanks for replying Stegei, though it very definitely does show unannounced things.

Then you've got bugs which are shown, such as the driver on a spring in the MF3670, bouncing back and forward.
I wonder if the driver bouncing back and forth is an animation for reaching for the stick shifter. Seems to happen when one might need to change gears.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

I hope we get soon after release also first POLISH map! Without that talent in map making the game is USELESS ;)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:55 pm I wonder if the driver bouncing back and forth is an animation for reaching for the stick shifter. Seems to happen when one might need to change gears.
Yeah, looking again he's changing the gears. It's too extreme though - the gearsticks on a 3670 would be nearly within reach. He's moving his whole body to change gear - his chest is nearly touching the steering wheel.

If it was something like a MF135, with shorter gearsticks between the legs, I could understand such exaggerated movement, but it's too much for a side-stick.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

bojanh66 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:25 am New gameplay video in Polish language:
So the smoke from the exhaust is still glued to the vehicle. So much for the "new 3D particles" oof
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

That's not what 3D particles means. To have exhaust smoke act like it would in really life the game would need a advanced particle emitter system build in to the engine. Even if the game had one in it that could do that it would affect the performance of the game. On the animation side it was a preview build that is weeks if not a month or two old. The gear shift animation looked like to me to be a placeholder animation that they probably where using to test the positioning of where the hand needed to be place ( It looked like the major key frames where there). Once the positions are where they need to be then they will flesh out the animation which takes more time. And give how many machine will have gear shifting if not two types of gear shifting (manual vs powershift) it will take time for them to do all of them, and if this is a weeks to month old build then they just didn't finish that animation yet.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

They said in the first gameplay presentation that there are real particles now, not just textures. Or did i mishear that?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I think you'll find they have reverted back to the particle system used in FS13/15/17 for discharge animations (straw, root crops etc) and yes if I remember right smoke was also one of the particle emitters in those games
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

h3rich wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:11 am They said in the first gameplay presentation that there are real particles now, not just textures. Or did i mishear that?
The chaff? Yeah it's gone back to having a particle system. I think FS2013 had them too, but obviously they look far better now!

They discussed it briefly in the first gameplay presentation at FarmCon I think (time stamped): 🚨 Gameplay Premiere! Farming Simulator 22 in action (Pt.1)

Even though FarmCon was very impressive at the time, it's amazing to see how much the game has come on - this is the same map as in the "Welcome to Elmcreek" video last week, believe it or not.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

I never said it does not have a particle system in game just on a super advance one. The way I read the glue exhaust post was that the exhaust was going to still be some what static and the poster was looking for full smoke particles that get affect by both speed of the machine and the wind. I love the new particles they have added, they look really nice. I have like everything Giants have announced is going to be part of the game so far. I've just been getting tried of people no matter the game just dumping on them months ahead of the games release on a build of the game that was months old when they recorded the footage they showed.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

xClawx28 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:19 pm I never said it does not have a particle system in game just on a super advance one. The way I read the glue exhaust post was that the exhaust was going to still be some what static and the poster was looking for full smoke particles that get affect by both speed of the machine and the wind. I love the new particles they have added, they look really nice. I have like everything Giants have announced is going to be part of the game so far. I've just been getting tried of people no matter the game just dumping on them months ahead of the games release on a build of the game that was months old when they recorded the footage they showed.
That is true, I hoped that the new particle system would be utilized for all vehicle particles in the game. Similar to how I hoped that the Parallax Occlusion Mapping would be utilized for more textures than just the ground and houses, basically in places where it'd matter the most such as:
Produce in pallets:
Especialy stuff in trailers:
Especially stuff on the ground:
And trees:
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

Hi there were more articles in Polish that you probably couldn't get to.
They came from the same event organised by Cenega

"News from Cenega FS22 event at Wierzbowe Ranczo near Warsaw"
https://geex.x-kom.pl/wiadomosci/relacj ... gi-z-fs22/

"Farming Simulator 22 - pre-release impressions of the game"
https://geex.x-kom.pl/wiadomosci/farmin ... -wrazenia/

"How NOT to play Farming Simulator 22, a lame account of the worst farmer in the village"
https://spidersweb.pl/2021/11/farming-s ... lacja.html