New Crop

Dairydeere

Re: New Crop

Post by Dairydeere »

+1 to Illinois Farmer. Just because some modders do it doesn't mean the North American community endorses it. I've never found a Patreon yet that grants exclusive access to mods with i3d files. Patreon is usually used for donations and monetary support.

Jumping back on the thread's rails, I wonder how many other crops could be added to FS practically? Obviously we're talking about peanuts here, but there are loads of multifruit on various FS19 maps that have the potential for basegame. Carrots, onions, clover, millet, rye, triticale, hops, and lavender, plus the load of orchard-based crops, are just a few I can think of off the top of my head
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah I really thought rye would be added since it is so similar to wheat and barley.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Peanuts would be interesting, quite a few human consumption type crops are missing like dry edible beans, edible fruit/vegetables, and rice just to name a few.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

One of the new crops that would be cool is rice. Its very popular in louisiana. We can get rice tires and rice stubble rollers (rollers are a big thing in fs22 it seems). I can already imagine louisiana map with rice and sugarcane muddy conditions rice tires on john deeres crop residue sticking to tires all of that wetness feel. Sugarcane also needs some love and a 2 row harvester from jd
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Peanuts would be a great addition. Not only are they popular in the US, they can be used for so many products.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Big in China too
Tmoney1229

Post by Tmoney1229 »

Peanuts are very popular in NC too
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Yeah peanuts it is then,

giants pls add

kthxb
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

You sound like 3kliksphilip. "Valve, please fix."
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Council of Elders decided: pEAnuTz It izZzz
Eische

Post by Eische »

What about cranberries?
It would add whole new mechanics for harvesting and "field" work to the game.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's what peanuts would do too. There are a lot of fruits that's giants can add to the game still.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I think lentils and chickpeas are much more popular?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

You could ask anyone in this forum what a popular crop not implemented is, and you would get a multitude of answers. Cranberries, peanuts, lentils, chickpeas, etc etc. I could name countless crops grown in my area that aren't implemented into the game. There isn't really a "most popular" crop because quite a few are covered in FS, and the ones that aren't might be popular in one area, but not another. It really comes down to modders and Giants, and what they decide.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:43 am There isn't really a "most popular" crop because quite a few are covered in FS, and the ones that aren't might be popular in one area, but not another.
This made me curious, so here's a link to some world data I found to be interesting.
You can hover the mouse over countries to see specific production in tonnes. For fun's sake take a look at China.