FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

JC_YYZ

Re: FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

Post by JC_YYZ »

I have found that if I set the FS22 profile to ‘persistent’ in the Logitech GHub, it seems to work in-game regardless of whether you use the mouse/keyboard or controllers.
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Hello everyone !

Jumping in the ffb train
Got a Thrusmaster T500 RS and I can feel something like a sort of kind of force feedback. Joke aside, here it is, but how it has been added may be questionable.
For now I tried different combinations of force level to get a feel of what it should be (in my opinion, I may be wrong as I never drove all the world equipment).

What I feel and what it seems to, is the level of ffb is depending on the speed. Could be logical, but it's not really this way how it works. Due do modern powersteering, you could almost drive any big equipment with your little finger, no need to get your second hand on the wheel to try turning when driving a bit fast.

What I mean is the contrast is too hard, Almost no feel at all at low speed (where I need the most of them, when loading, f.e, wheelloader, frontloader, all incab view), easy to say but hard to code I guess, but if we could have the feel of front wheels turning on surface would be awesome.

Centering spring is too heavy to my liking, 90° and it already wants to comeback. IRL there's no centering, if you gain speed, it will autocenter, but that's physics, no mechanics.

Sorry for the draft, played for 12hrs straight yesterday, had a good night to enjoy a new day again ! I'll play for those who can't ! (yep got days off for this HIHAAAA !)

Good day to you all ! :hi:
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

I think you also have a problem with FFB. I sometimes got the same centering as you describe that did not depend on anything. When FFB is working properly you get no centering force when standing still, only when you gain some speed the centering kicks in and is dependant on speed (faster = more force). Also I never get any road feedback even in a pickup. When you drive over rough terrain or hit a curb there is nothing, but as far as I understand that is how it works in FS22.
eviltrooper

Post by eviltrooper »

also no adaptive Trigger or haptic Feedback on PS5.. :(
mrdarkman430

Post by mrdarkman430 »

First of all, the game is fantastic! I'm so glad you guys have taken the modding community and feedback to heart! That being said, one of my complaints so far is the weight limit for trucks. There are so many amazing options for trailers to carry your harvest, and none of them (with the best truck in the game) can carry a full load. I love the realism, but it's very annoying, and I wish it was an optional feature like the rocks and seasons, and weeds. Thank you.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

mrdarkman430 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 pm First of all, the game is fantastic! I'm so glad you guys have taken the modding community and feedback to heart! That being said, one of my complaints so far is the weight limit for trucks. There are so many amazing options for trailers to carry your harvest, and none of them (with the best truck in the game) can carry a full load. I love the realism, but it's very annoying, and I wish it was an optional feature like the rocks and seasons, and weeds. Thank you.
There is an option to toggle between weight limit and capacity for trailers.
AGDProMan

Post by AGDProMan »

The AI needs to be worked more. I was expecting the AI to be much better than what it is.
I have an AI working collecting stones in the field and he is not automatically dumping the full hopper at the crusher.
Instead they keep working and collecting stones even though the Hopper is 100% full.
gusttafa

Post by gusttafa »

There is 0 FFB on Thrustmaster T300RS. Why advertise that there is forcefeedback when there is no forcfeedback. Lack of settings its huge. 0 settings on head tracking or eye tracking 0 working settings on FFB
swimminlikeapig

Post by swimminlikeapig »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:10 am Oh, not sure how great that would be for a tractor/machinery driving game as none/basically none have self centering steering wheels, they just sit were they’re left.
Force feedback would be awesome... It makes the wheel shake and bump around when you go over bumps. Rather then just no feeling at all. Currently it feels like playing a shitty arcade game like hydro thunder or something with no force feedback and it gets quite boring
swimminlikeapig

Post by swimminlikeapig »

Fordimus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:13 pm Just wondering if Giants are considering force feedback for FS22 for wheels? And if not, can we make this a request for it? I'm sure not a large part of the community uses a wheel, but for those who do and have force feedback, I'm sure they (I) would be very appreciative for it.
In the most recent update I did see that they said force feedback was an Xbox issue. But idk if you play on Xbox or not. I have found that my ffb would stop working on Forza, but never on both assetto corsa games. So I'm not quite sure on the details of why it isn't working
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Wouldn't force feedback be useless on machines with hydrostatic steering?
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:12 am Wouldn't force feedback be useless on machines with hydrostatic steering?
Outside of a lawnmower most everything now has some sort of steering assist so technically it wouldn’t exist at all by that logic. But I’ve yet to operate anything without some sort of resistance in the wheel, joystick steering probably has the least in my opinion.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Will have to correct something I’ve said. Challenger 2 tracks at a minimum do center their wheels.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
pate321

Post by pate321 »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:12 am Wouldn't force feedback be useless on machines with hydrostatic steering?
Not really. The hydrostatic steering also has certain feeling of stiffness in it which could be simulated with the force feedback. And I think that even faster tractors are required to have a centering in the steering now days. And there are of course cars and trucks which definitely have a feeling in the steering in the reality.
pate321

Post by pate321 »

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT, which is a quite old model. It seems to work randomly in different ways, sometimes it has a "spring" force defined in the joystick settings of the Windows, sometimes it has no centering force what so ever and rarely it acts so that the centering force depends on a speed of a truck. So definitely there's something fishy, I haven't been able figure out how that could be made done to work.