FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

b101uk

Re: FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

Post by b101uk »

despite having a G27, I am not really sure FFB is warranted much in FS, as most tractors etc depicted use hydrostatic steering and thus there is NO direct connection between the steering wheel and the steered front wheels or the articulating half's of none-ridged frame vehicles, or vehicles steered by differential steering.

it would only be old tractor and high-speed tractors and trucks which employ mechanical steering box (PAS or not) and direct-link steering where there is a mechanical link between the steering wheels and the steered road wheels that FFB would really be applicable.

this is given hydrostatic steering provides huge isolation to the steering wheel unlike mechanical steering box and direct-link steering, which provides significantly less isolation.

i.e. for most hydrostatic steering setups you can mimic with nothing more than a modest FFB centring and just ignore the fact that when the engine gets turned off and thus there is no hydraulic flow the steering would be extremely heavy and there would be a disproportionate amount of steering wheel turns to steering angle change, given the total absence direct mechanical link, unlike with a more traditional vehicle with steering box etc even if they has PAS which in the same engine off situation would still be lighter and maintain the same ratio of steering wheel turns to steering angle deflection (given the mechanical link).

i.e. with a hydrostatic steering system the difference between having a very heavy mass on the front of the tractor and not is going to have minimal effect on the steering force and instead is going to be much more manifest in the seat of you pants feeling which has nothing to do with FFB, i.e. when you are going sideways in a tractor employing opposite lock your main feedback is from your seat and your visual inputs, very little is from the steering wheel, unlike with say a Unimog, Fastrac etc where you get much more tactile feedback from the steering wheel.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 pm
Fordimus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:13 pm Just wondering if Giants are considering force feedback for FS22 for wheels? And if not, can we make this a request for it?
Chaki did a AMA with r/farmingsimulator and said that Force Feedback is planned for FS22. Suprised no one mentioned it in the forums.
Saw that on Farm Sim Show with DJ and Klutch. I'm so excited! I hope it's implemented
gcreeper

Post by gcreeper »

2022 and still no ffb in this wth...... disapointed
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

gcreeper wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm 2022 and still no ffb in this wth...... disapointed
That's not true. Force Feedback is in the game !
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Gorni22

Post by Gorni22 »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm
gcreeper wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm 2022 and still no ffb in this wth...... disapointed
But it's not working.
G29 and xbox Controller nothing....
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

Gorni22 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:40 pm
Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm
But it's not working.
G29 and xbox Controller nothing....
I was having the same issue - I restarted Steam AND made sure that my GHub software was on the FS22 profile and did not click anywhere else while the game was opening. For some reason, when you click anywhere outside the FS22 window, the GHub software switches back to 'Desktop - Default' and you lose force feedback. Once I did that, it worked fine. I have yet to restart and see if I can repeat these steps and still keep it working.
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

it is in game, But it's buggy. i use Geforce GT, and i constatly need to reconect the cable for it to work properly.
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

No force feedback on my G29 also. Anyone found a solution?
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

Moosey wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:41 pm No force feedback on my G29 also. Anyone found a solution?
It's buggy. I find that you have to start the game, then quickly select the FS22 profile in GHub. Then, don't use your mouse at all until you're in the actual vehicle (use your controller buttons to bypass the splash screens, select your save file/farm, etc). Using your mouse at anytime before getting into the vehicle seems to deactivate the profile in GHub and then the FFB stops working.

At least from my experience...
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

G27 - Force Feedback works, it's based on speed of the vehicle - great work Giants!. Finally something what i missed for long time, it's been implemented!
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

JC_YYZ wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Moosey wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:41 pm No force feedback on my G29 also. Anyone found a solution?
It's buggy. I find that you have to start the game, then quickly select the FS22 profile in GHub. Then, don't use your mouse at all until you're in the actual vehicle (use your controller buttons to bypass the splash screens, select your save file/farm, etc). Using your mouse at anytime before getting into the vehicle seems to deactivate the profile in GHub and then the FFB stops working.

Did you have to create a profile in GHub or did you get one automatically?
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Mine works, just had to add the .exe to G Hub.
chadsnet

Post by chadsnet »

Well mine was working.... now it isn't, wtf G29
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

Moosey wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 pm
JC_YYZ wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Did you have to create a profile in GHub or did you get one automatically?
I created a profile. It's very buggy. It works sometimes. As soon as focus is lost (or a controller shuts off), it defaults back to the desktop profile and the FFB stops working. Then you have to restart the game and Steam.
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

I unplugged all of my other controllers and FFB started working. So in the end I had a keyboard, a mouse and G920. Not ideal but at least something.