Used equipment FS22

Coldlandlord

Used equipment FS22

Post by Coldlandlord »

Anyone else seen this? Apparently used equipment is going to be in the game. I recall that early FS games had discounted items but this seems to offer up equipment with hours on them. I haven’t seen anything mentioned about this until seeing this video.

Edit don_apple: fixed embedding of youtube video.
FarmerJohn89

Re: Used equipment FS22

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I assume its the same mechanic as the sale items in fs15 was it?
Just the discounts are better but it's "used"
And just like 15 it will be all the stuff you don't need....
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Maybe makes it easier for someone who knows what they are doing to mod it to increase the frequency so that there is a constant, varied stream of used equipment? Would be nice to have a separate, second hand dealer that stocks the older tractors etc.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I wonder how that works. I'm assuming every vehicle or piece of equipment doesn't have a used version of it available. So does the mapmaker set up the used equipment for that map? Is it always the same on a given map (same equipment/ same hours used, etc.) for anyone that starts it, or is it randomized at the start of each playthrough?

I hope it's randomized at the start of each, and maybe randomized each day or season. Even better would be an option in a given category to check for used availability. Say you're looking for a plow, so you look at new plows like normal. You push a button to show all used plows, and there you go. Maybe there's only one used available, and it's not what you're looking for. Check again tomorrow, or buy a new one if you can't wait. You might need to keep an eye out for deals early on for equipment you know you'll need in the future.

Hopefully it's not just always the same equipment with the same age and hours used that only changes if you change maps. But it's still a step in the right direction.
PS4
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

I think it is randomized. It looks to be its own section of the shop. I would guest that their would ever be a lot of used equipment ( 10 or less). But we will find out in 15 days.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Yeah it will be similar to how the great demands work at the moment.
They can't offer you everything at secondhand or you'd never buy new....
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I'm expecting it to be similar to how it worked in FS15 as well, though didn't we have those great demands in FS17 too? Although, one thing I was thinking would be kind of neat. When doing contract work in FS19, the equipment that we are given to utilize for the contract has wear and tear on it and usually it's "high" in hours. What if it's "this" equipment that we'll be given on the used equipment section of the dealership? :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.