Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Walrusman02

Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Post by Walrusman02 »

I have been playing fs22 on the Xbox Series S for the past hour (downloaded earlier today, and unlocked at 7pm ET Nov 21 on the xbox). I will say the graphics are pretty good, the shadows are on the darker side at least on my screen however. The gravity/physics has most definitely changed from previous titles, the pickup truck and other vehicles seem glued to the ground to a point. I will say, I have been watching the livestreams but as soon as I got in was very overwhelmed by the new features. Very good experience so far, did have a bit of trouble with an AI working leaving store in T560 with header trailer+header, but got it sorted out! Is amazing so far (one hour on elmcreek in)!!!!
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
iwan073

Re: Fs22 First Impressions

Post by iwan073 »

The sounds are amazing! Those growling engines really sound like their working for their money.

What is that one sound though that I keep hearing now and then… it’s like a helicopter flying over
Ignorance is bliss
deerefarm

Re: Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Post by deerefarm »

I'll let you know in a couple of hours. Just got it up and running, I'm so excited.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Anyone noticed if AI got better at field work?
Ignorance is bliss
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Walrusman02 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:05 am I have been watching the livestreams but as soon as I got in was very overwhelmed by the new features. Very good experience so far, did have a bit of trouble with an AI working leaving store in T560 with header trailer+header, but got it sorted out! Is amazing so far (one hour on elmcreek in)!!!!
lol ya best to turn off traffic when using th new AI as the new AI doesn't handle traffic very well lol was watching someone stream early access and traffic hit the AI and it started to just drive around in a circle lol
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:08 am Anyone noticed if AI got better at field work?
Not while fertilizer spreading anyway :(
Ignorance is bliss
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Do all the base equipment have dynamic hoses?
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I give it a B- overall. It’s a much better starting off point than previous games. Looks are a B same with the feel, just not different enough than 19 to blow my mind, sounds are an A though. Equipment selection and options are a D, not many options and a really half hearted attempt at bringing different regional variations to the mix. Just a few having both Euro and American light or placard options but no row crop tires or spacings, then most other machines with one option or the other. Feels a bit like they just tried to ram as many brands as they could into the game then only focused on Jd, Claas, and Fendt/Massey in an attempt to keep the bulk of people quiet until mods roll in, makes you wonder if that’s why the survey asked so much about branding. On the flip side of this it’s good for the console folks though because modders will have many more licensed brands to bring to them. The American map is nice, it plays well small, it definitely makes me feel like I should have an old school barn with 100 head of dairy a stave silo and a manure spreader parked under the barn cleaner, another B. Productions are weird and I strongly dislike the over emphasis placed on them, C- with the only saving grace being the possible doors the addition may have opened for neat mods going forward. Animals get a B also, I really liked the ability to choose different aged animals and loved to see black angus, didn’t get much further with cattle but it appears all will be for dairy purposes which is pretty meh, hopefully someone can weigh in for certain though as I’m curious. All and all by the end of the night I was playing 19 again just because the American modding community killed it with 19 and it’s going to take a while for me to want to switch and lose some of the absolute gems that have been released.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Hoss1 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:31 am Do all the base equipment have dynamic hoses?
if by that you mean do the hoses attach like some did on fs 19 then yes they do :)
roggek

Post by roggek »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:08 am Anyone noticed if AI got better at field work?

The AI-helpers drive like "drunk" on ElmCreek map.
I send a helper to the Grain Mill, to unload some wheat, and to follow him was a hilarious experience...
Lane changes, erratic steering movements...

So I guess Giants need to improve the AI...
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

So far I'm loving it. I'm on a series x and it looks real nice. The sounds are amazing. I've been plowing with the Massey 3670 and getting a kick out of it struggling a bit. I also love how the trailer make noise now. The gate swinging open and the thud when it retracts back down.

Only issues I've had/having is 1. Multiple ai at once causes stuttering. Not a huge deal, dealt with it in 19. 2. I think I've worked the ai to the point they went in strike. Tried to get the truck to load and deliver grain and it keeps saying target unreachable. Then I tried someone to finish plowing field 46 on elm Creek and it says no field data.

To be fair, I kept sending them back and forth from the farm to the shop to pick up equipment I kept buying. 😂
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

I haven't bought the game yet because I always wait for reviews and I did watch a lot of the videos from Partners, from what I've seen so far it is pretty disappointing in my opinion. These are the issues I've noticed so far. The fact that the rain through buildings was fixed in FS19 after 10 years in the game and now the same bug has been reintroduced doesn't convince me that Giants has paid attention to the details or that the game isn't just as buggy as FS19
Florish

Post by Florish »

So far (1 hour playtime)

- Overall ; way better than FS19

Issues: (PS5)

- cant reverse with CVT tractors (no matter how i put the configuration options)
- Mirrors keep flickering just like some buttons in-cab.
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
MountainDue

Post by MountainDue »

I played for about 30 minutes and Im very disappointed. The graphics look awful to me. Lots of textures blurry. Very low quality. The characters look really bad in-game to me as well. Looks like graphics from older games.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've about 15 minutes (supposed to be working) of which maybe seven minutes was trying to find what combination of Controller buttons change gears on a manual gearbox! Come on GIANTS, it's a cool new feature - at least put that front and centre!

In my short playing time I'm impressed by how smooth and crisp the graphics are, and the sounds. (But why give me a starting tractor and drill that I can't use because it is August?)

I miss the QuickCamera mod - I knew I would.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads