FS22 Crashing Out of Memory error

scrilbes

FS22 Crashing Out of Memory error

Post by scrilbes »

The PC has 16GB of Ram and meets all specs to run the game. Sometimes the game will run for awhile before it crashes other times it won't lately it doesn't let it run long. attached is the log file it Most times right before the crash it loads wild deer and pedestrians then tries to extend the transient buffer and fails. System Memory usage is typically 50-60% never higher when it crashes.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Attachments
log.txt
(30.31 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
don_apple

Re: FS22 Crashing Out of Memory error

Post by don_apple »

Best to report this directly to GIANTS via their bug tracking tool: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php (if you don't have an account there already you can create one at https://feedback.giants-software.com/signup_page.php)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
scrilbes

Post by scrilbes »

don_apple wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:31 pm Best to report this directly to GIANTS via their bug tracking tool: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php (if you don't have an account there already you can create one at https://feedback.giants-software.com/signup_page.php)
I reported it but I wanted to see if the members knew of the issues, potential fixes, and update other users when I get an answer from Giants.

My apologies if this is the wrong place for it.
Jd830

Post by Jd830 »

Hello,
I'm new in the Farming Simulator Community and have the same Problem. I will be very happy when you post a solution if you found some. Thanks
Eclips-Vic

Post by Eclips-Vic »

I have the same problem. Did you find how to fix it yet?
scrilbes

Post by scrilbes »

I have not found a solution to my problem yet but searching for an answer I came up with a few things to try.
Change the renderer
Open documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022
Edit the game.xml edit line
<renderer>D3D_12</renderer>
to <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>

If that doesn't work create a desktop shortcut if there isn't one and add -dx11 to the end of the target line.

if that doesn't work on windows 10 right click the desktop
click display settings
scroll down to and click on display settings
Click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2022 and click the FarmingSimulator2022
click the new tile and click options
set this to High Performance.

Ensure that your graphics in game startup are set to low or low custom and lower all settings that you can. see if one or any combination works for you. Note all changes so you can revert when/if they correct the issue or it doesn't help
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Hi,

How about the V-Ram instead of normal Ram.
I mean what is your GPU and how much graphic have you ?
And what is your game resolution ?

If it's GPU related you may want to reduce textures settings, reduce MSAA, FSX off. Native resolution first with 100% scale.

Hope it helps.
Cheers. :hi:
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
Jimmar131

Post by Jimmar131 »

The dx11 solution works for me. Thanks. Hard to believe a relatively new game is not dx12 compatible
Guil

Post by Guil »

It is compatible, it's likely something not up to scratch on your pc.
The game runs DX12 by default and I'd say at least 95% of all players are using that
herrman

Post by herrman »

Jimmar131 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:51 pm The dx11 solution works for me. Thanks. Hard to believe a relatively new game is not dx12 compatible
Your log shows your PC is using "Iris plus" graphics: it is an integrated graphics solution which shares system memory, so the resources may become low. DirectX 11 may be, in this case, a little less power hungry
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks