Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Spardose

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Spardose »

well, there is a mod on the modhub which would help you in this regard. And you can always do contracts or sleep through winter, so I do not really see the problem.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=229113
reider

Post by reider »

I rarely play FS22 now but do so occasionally. I went back to FS19, something I never did in the past and I played all iterations of Farming Simulator. As far as I am concerned even with the turning off of Seasons we are still locked into the same feature that others choose rather than the one we choose by turning it off. Turn it off, wait months, pay through the nose. It started as a Mod, it was adopted by Giants, it was forced on some of those who have no wish to use it. This is the end of the road for me with Farming Simulator, I have no wish to be forced by people to play the game the same way as others choose.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Ah so you like a simulation about farming just not some realistic features.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:06 pm Ah so you like a simulation about farming just not some realistic features.
What's wrong with that? That's a serious question. What's wrong with wanting convenient functions such as growth speed, that has been a choice from the start.

Do you ever tab between vehicles? Would you care if they decided to remove that ability? Would you like people to get sarcastic with you if you voiced your opinion?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It teaches more about the practices of how things are really done vs the fake reality. I could care less about tabbing because I don't do it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm I could care less about tabbing because I don't do it.
THIS! PERSONALLY I love the balance. The biggest thing seasons as a mod brought to the game for me was breaking the till/plant/fertilize/harvest/repeat cycle. It gave me a calendar to focus on. Pulled the year out longer and added a lot of depth. What Giants has done has more than satisfied my wants.

Now with that being said, I don't see what the problem is. I know it SEEMS like you are locked in with this feature but its simply not true. I started on fs15 and 17 on console. I remember how long it took to ff thru the days when there was nothing to do. It was tedious and needlessly time consuming. But with 22, turn off the growth calendar, lock the visual season to whatever suits you and you can ABSOLUTELY progress thru the days faster than any version of fs to date.

Its often times more instinctive to fight change rather than embrace it, especially when its something that has always been a certain way. But not all change is bad and this is a really good instance. The way this was brought into the game by Giants can easily satisfy both play styles with mods catering to the more individual wants and needs for the game.

I am really surprised to see this thread still getting so much "action". I had assumed when I seen this thread come up in the beginning, that people would soon figure out what I had and would realize that its easier than ever to play your way. Either way... carry on I guess.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Vxbez999_

Post by Vxbez999_ »

Pafarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:35 pm I think the problem for a lot of us I know me personally is that being on PS4 we have not gotten any patches yet. A lot of the options that people are talking about are still unavailable to us. We can’t adjust days per month and other things. I like the game so far and once we receive the updates I’m sure it will be fine.
Yes exactly, I honestly hate how these game companies will see feedback from 2 different standpoints in their community (ex: Seasons vs. no season in fs) and just because there isn’t something in the base game and some people want it but some people don’t, they ALWAYS are like screw you and make it mandatory instead of optional. Giants *censored*, as a lot of people I met online Agree with that
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Vxbez999_ wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:00 pm
Pafarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:35 pm I think the problem for a lot of us I know me personally is that being on PS4 we have not gotten any patches yet. A lot of the options that people are talking about are still unavailable to us. We can’t adjust days per month and other things. I like the game so far and once we receive the updates I’m sure it will be fine.
Yes exactly, I honestly hate how these game companies will see feedback from 2 different standpoints in their community (ex: Seasons vs. no season in fs) and just because there isn’t something in the base game and some people want it but some people don’t, they ALWAYS are like screw you and make it mandatory instead of optional. Giants *censored*, as a lot of people I met online Agree with that
Of course Giants added seasons because it was such an unpopular mod in FS17 and FS19.. they hate their game and want an excuse to sell as few copies as possible so they can abandon it ( sarcasm alert )

This is just silly, there is no Giants Software conspiracy.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Vxbez999_ wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:00 pm (ex: Seasons vs. no season in fs) and just because there isn’t something in the base game and some people want it but some people don’t, they ALWAYS are like screw you and make it mandatory instead of optional. Giants *censored*, as a lot of people I met online Agree with that
Are you being serious? Seasons is an overwhelmingly popular and necessary feature in a farming game. But the best part is, it is completely optional and you can turn off seasonal growth, seasonal changes, and you can sleep anytime you want to now.

Of course, there is also the option to not play the game. Maybe it's not for you.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I agree it can be slow to start off but then as you buy more fields there is always something to do , Especially if you turn off Seasons
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I think Giants struck a winner with this seasonal approach, I can remember how a lot of players bought and then didn’t play FS19 until seasons came out 6 months later, a year later on console, this time around we can all play right from the word go and yeah I know it’s not near as deep as seasons but it has just enough to keep you playing and enjoying it, I’m just not so sure about the productions side of things but I suppose these days farmers are having to think up other ways of making money on their farms and so they are looking at things like productions
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Vxbez999_ wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:00 pm
You got to love hit and run posts