[FS22] Cultivator Field Creator - bug

Decker_MMIV

[FS22] Cultivator Field Creator - bug

Post by Decker_MMIV »

There seems to be a slight bug with the Cultivator Field Creator mod.

I wanted to expand a field on Elmcreek using a cultivator, and have enabled the "allow create fields". - But somehow patches of grass was not removed, as can be seen in this image.

I then tried with a regular plow, turned on "allow create fields", and that did remove the grass.

So I guess the mod needs a little more work?
Wopster

Re: [FS22] Cultivator Field Creator - bug

Post by Wopster »

I will look into this, however since the mod uses the density map update functions from the cultivator spec itself it also might be related to a gamebug.
EJ_Modding

Post by EJ_Modding »

Everytime I enable the mod it seems to function fine, however when exiting current game to main menu the game will crash. I find the mod useful but I cannot keep it enabled or my game will crash to desktop every time I exit to main menu.

I'm using steam version of the game.

I've eliminated a mod conflict by removing all mods except the field creator mod.

It seems almost every lua script I've tested will result in a similar crash to desktop on exit of current game.

I would assume Giants has made some changes that haven't been sorted or revealed to script authors to successfully exit script routines.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

EJ_Modding wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 pm Everytime I enable the mod it seems to function fine, however when exiting current game to main menu the game will crash. I find the mod useful but I cannot keep it enabled or my game will crash to desktop every time I exit to main menu.

I've eliminated a mod conflict by removing all mods except the field creator mod.

It seems almost every lua script I've tested will result in a similar crash to desktop on exit of current game.

I would assume Giants has made some changes that haven't been sorted or revealed to script authors to successfully exit script routines.
This is a known bug with the game, confirmed fixed in the next patch I believe. It doesn't matter what is in the script, the crash to desktop on exit even happens when the loaded 'script' is a completely blank text file!
EJ_Modding

Post by EJ_Modding »

loki_79 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 am
EJ_Modding wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 pm Everytime I enable the mod it seems to function fine, however when exiting current game to main menu the game will crash. I find the mod useful but I cannot keep it enabled or my game will crash to desktop every time I exit to main menu.

This is a known bug with the game, confirmed fixed in the next patch I believe. It doesn't matter what is in the script, the crash to desktop on exit even happens when the loaded 'script' is a completely blank text file!
I hope they push a patch out soon for the easy fixes, some of this stuff is really annoying lol