Semi trucks physics are broken!

Guil

Re: Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by Guil »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:25 pm Ok 2 things. First, what are you driving these days Guil? Assuming you aren't in the same lorry of course. And second, yea it is really really bad on Giants that I still refuse to use the Volvo truck I was so excited for because the weight distribution is all wrong. Thanks for reminding me how disappointed I am everyone :frown: :lol:
Similar to the one in my profile pic, same company just different truck. Scania G450
Lexie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:07 pm
BadCattitude wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:40 am I hate to grave-dig an old thread, but it is better than creating a duplicate thread IMHO.

The year is 2023 and the problem still exists. My truck and trailer are so blinkin wobbly you can hardly turn without flipping over.

So much for Giants fixing the problem.
What truck and trailer do you use? I've used the Volvo FH16 (2 axle) together with Krampe SKS 30/1050 and also the MAN TGS 18.500 4X4 with Krampe SB II 30/1070 (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022) and did not have any tipping problem. So are you using a mod truck or trailer, causing this problem? In that case it's up to the modder to fix and not Giants.
Yes, there is tiptronic control similar to iShift
Lexie

Re: Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by Lexie »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:52 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:25 pm Ok 2 things. First, what are you driving these days Guil? Assuming you aren't in the same lorry of course. And second, yea it is really really bad on Giants that I still refuse to use the Volvo truck I was so excited for because the weight distribution is all wrong. Thanks for reminding me how disappointed I am everyone :frown: :lol:
Similar to the one in my profile pic, same company just different truck. Scania G450
Lexie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:07 pm
BadCattitude wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:40 am I hate to grave-dig an old thread, but it is better than creating a duplicate thread IMHO.

The year is 2023 and the problem still exists. My truck and trailer are so blinkin wobbly you can hardly turn without flipping over.

So much for Giants fixing the problem.
What truck and trailer do you use? I've used the Volvo FH16 (2 axle) together with Krampe SKS 30/1050 and also the MAN TGS 18.500 4X4 with Krampe SB II 30/1070 (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022) and did not have any tipping problem. So are you using a mod truck or trailer, causing this problem? In that case it's up to the modder to fix and not Giants.
Yes, there is tiptronic control similar to iShift
So the way Giants implement the gearbox on the FH16 is not that bad, as you can shift manual in real life too. But a choise to use the gearbox manual or automatic (for the specific vehicle, not global) will be nice for people using a shifter I suppose.