Ability to set controls for console

Smokeeatervff

Ability to set controls for console

Post by Smokeeatervff »

I think console players should have the ability to map our buttons. What do other console players think?
Simon738

Re: Ability to set controls for console

Post by Simon738 »

Totally agree….if the facility is there for PC players, surely it can’t be difficult to have the same/similar for console.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I'm PC but mainly use an Xbox controller for basic controls. I'm just curious, what would you change? Because I have the ability to change controls but have everything as default on my controller...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Smokeeatervff

Post by Smokeeatervff »

Well right now I would love to map my wheel for gear shifting
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

The fact that we can't map controls on console means we don't even know what they all are.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have never played on console, do other games allow custom mapping for keybinds?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

They usually have a predefined list you can choose from like call of duty, if you want invert or not. 2k, if you want x to be pass or b to be pass. Predefined stuff like that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I’d change wheel settings, having to pull one paddle whilst pressing a button to lift an implement and trying to turn at the same time can be difficult. Same goes for trying to use cruise control, pulling both paddles, pressing a button and then using the Xbox controller to set the speed is again too tricky whilst turning. And so on….
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:21 am I have never played on console, do other games allow custom mapping for keybinds?
Some do, some don't, some are pretty extensive in what they allow, Giants doesn't even tell you what all the controls ARE.
Dweiner

Post by Dweiner »

it would be nice if we could use the logitech gearshift and a keyboard on the console! will there be such a possibility in this patch? :frown:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dweiner wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:24 am it would be nice if we could use the logitech gearshift and a keyboard on the console! will there be such a possibility in this patch? :frown:
Doubtful.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Rytis

Post by Rytis »

I would change the button for activating a tool from B to RT as now it's impossible to do power washing
Mazdaspeedmach3

Post by Mazdaspeedmach3 »

I play on pc and xbox and there night qnd day i have my xbox controller on my pc and i can actually use the excavator like real life not 100combonations to swing digg and what not i hold lb and use left and right joysticks in tandem. It would benefit all 100%
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

sounds nice but honestly after 5 years and 3 game generations with out any real change in default controls I'm so used to them I don't think I would change anything.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs