Does fields get stoneless if you keep picking stones?

humbe

Does fields get stoneless if you keep picking stones?

Post by humbe »

Stones don't just appear out of nowhere.. If you don't just roll them back in, but pick them up, will your field eventually become stoneless so you don't need to pick stones anymore? Or at least far less?

Fearing the game has just made a random chance for stones to appear while plowing/cultivating and the "fun" will just keep on coming :ubergeek:
Noraf

Re: Does fields get stoneless if you keep picking stones?

Post by Noraf »

I guess by the next ice age the field will be empty of stones. But then it will be getting a resupply 🤣
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

humbe wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:28 pm Stones don't just appear out of nowhere.. If you don't just roll them back in, but pick them up, will your field eventually become stoneless so you don't need to pick stones anymore? Or at least far less?

Fearing the game has just made a random chance for stones to appear while plowing/cultivating and the "fun" will just keep on coming :ubergeek:
They don’t just appear form nowhere but they do work their way up to the surface as the field is worked. I have seen quite a few videos with both the Welkers and Millenial Farmer where they have confirmed this happens.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

In game, there is a line of code to set the stone spawn rate. Didn't see anything that would suggest it would stop spawning after a period of time, or even reduce in frequency over time (but then I wasn't looking for any :search: ).

I personally have stones turned off as I don't think they are implemented very well at the moment (spawn rate too high, should be periodic like lime). I know of no farmer who picks stones after every one of their harvests...forever more. If you are destoning every year you are probably farming on a stony beach or dried up river bed!
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

My experience so far was: plough, not many, plough, 1.5 picker loads, plough, half a picker load.

It appears it may be random.
reider

Post by reider »

Just in case it helps I posted a console command that clears the stones field by field and so far they don't appear to come back as they are set to "none" in each field.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=185329

The command to be entered in the console is as stated after the hash # below. The system then replies with "added state 1" and the stones vanish. I have both ploughed and cultivated different sections of the same field and so far the stones have not returned. this is a joined field and none appeared on the joining path either. Change the 40 to whatever field number you wish to destone. My stones are turned off in the settings too. Hope this helps someone else. For anyone not used to the console the system puts in the hash # sign after pressing the tilde twice to set edit mode.

# gsStoneSystemSetState 40 none
The console replies;
Added state 1
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:29 am Just in case it helps I posted a console command that clears the stones field by field and so far they don't appear to come back as they are set to "none" in each field.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=185329

The command to be entered in the console is as stated after the hash # below. The system then replies with "added state 1" and the stones vanish. I have both ploughed and cultivated different sections of the same field and so far the stones have not returned. this is a joined field and none appeared on the joining path either. Change the 40 to whatever field number you wish to destone. My stones are turned off in the settings too. Hope this helps someone else. For anyone not used to the console the system puts in the hash # sign after pressing the tilde twice to set edit mode.

# gsStoneSystemSetState 40 none
The console replies;
Added state 1
This console command isn't working for me. I enabled console, by changing controls from false to true in the game.xml file. However, gsStoneSystemSetState is not found, as well if I list all of the commands or read them in the log file after typing help, I don't see that command. In fact, the field state command I recalled using in FS19 isn't there either. Its been a long time since I've used console, what am I missing??

thanks!!
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

dan1108 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:38 am
This console command isn't working for me. I enabled console, by changing controls from false to true in the game.xml file. However, gsStoneSystemSetState is not found, as well if I list all of the commands or read them in the log file after typing help, I don't see that command. In fact, the field state command I recalled using in FS19 isn't there either. Its been a long time since I've used console, what am I missing??
It seems you also need to use -cheats as a commandline parameter as described here:

Farming Simulator 22: Build-in Cheats Guide (How to Use & Console Commands) - GamePretty
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

We’re at over 100 years and I can confirm no end in sight😂. I will say that after 10ish years of good clean picking even on freshly broke land you get to a point where there’s considerably less every spring.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:11 am We’re at over 100 years and I can confirm no end in sight😂. I will say that after 10ish years of good clean picking even on freshly broke land you get to a point where there’s considerably less every spring.
Wow, 22nd Century Farmer! Do your combines fly now?? lol
reider

Post by reider »

Earnest Pea wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:01 am
dan1108 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:38 am
It seems you also need to use -cheats as a commandline parameter as described here:

Farming Simulator 22: Build-in Cheats Guide (How to Use & Console Commands) - GamePretty
I put in;

-cheats -restart

and that gets rid of the auto repeating video before the game menu too. For Steam this is in the listed FS22 game properties, Launch Options. For non Steam users I think it's in the game shortcute. You add it to the end of the path statement leading to the exe file, something like;

......fs22.exe -cheats

or

......fs22.exe -cheats -restart

the full path is not shown above as I have Steam and don't have that path. The path will be shown in the shortcut.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Stones are 100% static. You get the same amount of stones each time you do an action that "brings them up".
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

dan1108 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:17 am
? Like 100 years of history on the same farm… like to the early 1900’s
humbe

Post by humbe »

I can't say I keep a close eye on farmers around here, but I've never seen any machine on a field that looked like it may pick up stones. I have seen farmers driving around with a bucket on the tractor and jumping in and out and throwing rocks in the bucket though.. But farmland here probably have a very limited amount of earth, before you hit the mountainside, so maybe that makes less stones appear from below over time. And farmland around here have also been worked for at least 50 years already. I would guess quite a bit more in most cases..
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:24 pm
dan1108 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:17 am
? Like 100 years of history on the same farm… like to the early 1900’s
Yeah dan, I don't understand that comment either. My farm is 126 years old. I'm the 6th generation.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.