converting mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
sewek05

converting mods

Post by sewek05 »

Looking for someone who can convert mods from FS19 to FS22
humbe

Re: converting mods

Post by humbe »

Pondered how much work it is.. Anyone have a to the point guide for converting mods? I guess one cant publish a converted mod without being allowed by original author..
ShiaTheMLGPro

Post by ShiaTheMLGPro »

It's rather time-consuming as there are a lot of XML changes in FS22.

Giants Editor can auto-convert to a certain extent if you want to try it yourself:

1. ZIP the mod, if not already.
2. In GIANTS Editor, navigate to File>Open Mod... and select your ZIP'd mod.
3. Click Ok on Working Directory.
4. Select Yes to upgrade files from the Cloud Service.
5. If FS19 is installed, you can paste the directory into Old Game Install Directory on the next pop-up then click Ok.
6. It will then auto-convert the old mod to work with FS22, altering file structure and locating any shaders and textures it should use.
7. The next pop-up is a Migration report which tells you what and what did not work.
7a. You can save this report so you can go and amend any warnings that appear, usually regarding wheel templates.
8. Click Ok on the next pop-up, this will load your converted mod into the Editor if you wish to change anything, if not, save and exit.
9. You should then be able to use the mod in FS22, ensure it is zipped, and paste it into your FS22 mods folder (My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/Mods.
9b. If it does not already, rename the file to have "FS22_" before the name of the mod.

You may then load the game and activate the mod on your next save.
ShiaTheMLGPro

Post by ShiaTheMLGPro »

I made a short video on the process if you want to follow that instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWYC_NhHNc
OIFsurvivor

Post by OIFsurvivor »

I followed your instructions on your video, but when i do "open mods" and press ok on the workspace, it unpacks the zip file but does not ask me about converting the mod. any suggestions?
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Be careful when using the editor to convert FS19 mods. One mod I converted appeared to have nothing done to it, but later on I discovered that it stripped the file entry down along with the material entry in the shape file. In this situation, you would have to go through everything manually. I have to add that manual conversion is probably the best way to go since there could very well be bugs in the editor process.

Placeable objects appears to have the most changes since there are changes to the "placement" section and the "buyingStation" section along with the additions that would have to be done.
Stu_C

Post by Stu_C »

ShiaTheMLGPro wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 am I made a short video on the process if you want to follow that instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWYC_NhHNc
Hi mate followed your video, openedmod, but the convert mod popup window does not appear any suggestions?
Rigge1988

Post by Rigge1988 »

ShiaTheMLGPro wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 am I made a short video on the process if you want to follow that instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWYC_NhHNc
Yes please, do go ahead and make another short informative video of how to solve the wheel and sound issues.
I don't really understand what you mean by "adding another subfolder"..
Thanks in advance.
roelvanpuyvelde

Post by roelvanpuyvelde »

Could someone convert this mod to farming simulator 22?
Because if I do it doesn't want to.

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... pack-v2-0/
zandar5800

Post by zandar5800 »

what if i dont have FS19 will it still work??