Headlights

chale8

Headlights

Post by chale8 »

I know that this has been a thing for at least as long as I've been playing (since FS17) but does anyone know why the headlights on vehicles are so poor? In my experience the headlights on real tractors allow you to see further ahead than the length of your own vehicle. Is it a deliberate thing to discourage doing stuff at night?
Illinois Farmer

Re: Headlights

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Is it a base game tractor? In 19 at least, there was different stages. Did you cycle through then all?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Yeah, base game tractor. It's all of them, cycling through gives more light around the vehicle but still doesn't illuminate very far ahead. It would be nice to be able to drive back to my house at night without having to rely on the map to know where I am. Different game I know, but SnowRunner does this really well.
village80

Post by village80 »

On PC high beams can be turned on with CTRL + F.

They project further than the regular lights that are cycled through with just F.
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

As an excavator operator in a quarry I have driven most types of plant over the last 17 years inc many tractors.All the work lights on tractors etc in 19 and 22 are very realistic in the field of light they put out.However,I agree with the main headlights on the FS machines.Thsy should put the light out at more of a distance that the work lights,and main beam should reach a good 150ft in front of the machine if it’s fitted with head lights.It’s been a bug of mine since I started playing FS19.That’s why on FS19 my go to heavy tractor unit/truck was the modded MAN forestry 6x4 with folded in log crane.At least when you turned on the main beam and the 8 front mounted spot lights came on they lit up the dark miles in front of you,just like a real truck would with auxiliary lighting.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Well, probably true in life, that older tractors in the game have inferior lighting systems compared to newer tractors. Certain older tractor don't even have enough beam distance to see the booms while I spray in the early morning or evening. Oh well, time to upgrade.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

I just commented somewhere else they always get the lights wrong, if regular driving lights, or working light front etc. I did notice lights were improved over FS17 still, but it needs some work. I know it's a lot of work on models to put all the lights on, but having more real light switching options and them working correctly would be nice
MC, aka Master of Cereals