Forestry: I do miss the winch SO MUCH.

Frag

Forestry: I do miss the winch SO MUCH.

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I am an FS19 veteran and I am now starting to explore FS22. One of the thing I cannot live with is the total absence of a winch to do some logging. I do use the TAJFun winch SO MUCH in FS19.

Any of you guys found a working mod somewhere?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from french to english section.
humbe

Re: Forestry: I do miss the winch SO MUCH.

Post by humbe »

Havent looked into forestry in FS22 but that winch mode saved me in FS 19. Was awesome for small time operations to just clear some areas on your farm..
swiv93

Post by swiv93 »

there is a group on facebook which a guy has said he has sent the winch to giants for testing. this was since the last mod update from Chaki so doesn't show on that list as I'm sure many others don't also. but hopefully the list will be updated tomorrow (10th) when giants is back in the office.

just looked the post up and it was submitted on the 21/12/21
Pc version :) chainsaw operator, chipper operator, tractor driver

log txt viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Yes, that thing is missed! Once it's here, we can do serious foresrty again!
MC, aka Master of Cereals
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Agreed; that winch was awesome. I have scores of hours with it between 19 and 17.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Serious question as I'm new to forestry, how does the winch help? Is it so you can fell the trees and then drag them to a convenient place for processing further?
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Frag wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:32 pm Hi guys,

I am an FS19 veteran and I am now starting to explore FS22. One of the thing I cannot live with is the total absence of a winch to do some logging. I do use the TAJFun winch SO MUCH in FS19.

Any of you guys found a working mod somewhere?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from french to english section.
The winch is on the list of mods being tested. It will probably be released in the next days if it passes testing.

[PC] Tajfun EGV 80 AHK
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

chale8 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 am Serious question as I'm new to forestry, how does the winch help? Is it so you can fell the trees and then drag them to a convenient place for processing further?
In the simplest sense, yes.

Basic forestry is cut the tree and haul it to a place to cut it for hauling to the mill. With a winch you can cut 1,2,5 trees then connect them and pull them together before driving to where you are loading them on the truck to go to the mill.

Think of it as a rope. One end to the tractor and instead of the other to a single log you have 1,2 5 ends to connect to the 1,2,5 trees to haul out of the woods.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Haven't done any forestry yet, but saw the winch on the back of the tracked mulcher in game, was really hoping it was functional but also diden't expect it to be...
PC gamer.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

RED_Smith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:42 pm
chale8 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 am Serious question as I'm new to forestry, how does the winch help? Is it so you can fell the trees and then drag them to a convenient place for processing further?
In the simplest sense, yes.

Basic forestry is cut the tree and haul it to a place to cut it for hauling to the mill. With a winch you can cut 1,2,5 trees then connect them and pull them together before driving to where you are loading them on the truck to go to the mill.

Think of it as a rope. One end to the tractor and instead of the other to a single log you have 1,2 5 ends to connect to the 1,2,5 trees to haul out of the woods.
Thank you, that sounds like a really useful thing. Might have to explore that one.
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Yes winch will come to FS22 by modder 50keda
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

A forestry skidder is the right big machine for that job, that can take several trees down to the processor at a time. But they are end game. and another $200-300k to your equipment list. FDR and NMC are working on them. The winch however provides a nice starter piece of gear for a single tree. In 19, there was a console mod implement for dragging one tree as well, but the winch is better because it can extend aways.
swiv93

Post by swiv93 »

dan1109 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:50 pm
A forestry skidder is the right big machine for that job, that can take several trees down to the processor at a time. But they are end game. and another $200-300k to your equipment list. FDR and NMC are working on them. The winch however provides a nice starter piece of gear for a single tree. In 19, there was a console mod implement for dragging one tree as well, but the winch is better because it can extend aways.
a 3 point mounted skidders will drag multiple trees not just a single tree. not alot of people run purpose built skidders here in the uk and instead run tractors with 3-point mounted skidders. much like the one in fs19, and this looks the same model so will also pull multiple trees in fs22.
Pc version :) chainsaw operator, chipper operator, tractor driver

log txt viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I’ve been getting started with forestry as I’m on NML, I leased a tree harvester was was trying to drop the logs into a trailer like I’ve seen on YouTube. If I position the trailer really carefully I have about a 40% success rate. :lol:
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

chale8 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 am I’ve been getting started with forestry as I’m on NML, I leased a tree harvester was was trying to drop the logs into a trailer like I’ve seen on YouTube. If I position the trailer really carefully I have about a 40% success rate. :lol:
I remember doing that in FS19...you definitely have to account for the physics of the log as it shoots a small distance when the cut it made...with practice I got pretty good with it, of course a single mistake would take some time to correct, but ended up working well - however, late game I decided to upgrade to a buncher and skidder...and wow, the efficiency increased tremendously...well worth the equipment costs, but certainly something you dont't want to do nor can afford early. I love starting small and upgrading as I grow - and this mod certainly gives us the small cheap starter setup.