A few ideas for a future update

Noraf

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by Noraf »

As you play fs22 on PC, vehicle explorer would be a mod for you.

https://github.com/sperrgebiet/FS22_VehicleExplorer

As for point 4, the license probably have some limits
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Noraf wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:18 am As you play fs22 on PC, vehicle explorer would be a mod for you.

Can you explain the relationship between github and the MOD site? I get the impression these are "unauthorized" MODS.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Helazak wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:37 pm Can you explain the relationship between github and the MOD site? I get the impression these are "unauthorized" MODS.
Not unauthorized but not tested, you can use any mod you like, but mods from other websites are not tested by Giants, so use them at own risk.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

i'm sure you can manage to find some of those on github as well, but mostly it's a place for developing stuff. For fs the use is for the modmakers to easily update a mod, and get feedback, to iron out bugs from the mods before it get sent to modhub. Though not everyone bothers to get them there.
Both courseplay and autodrive are there, same goes for mods by loki79uk, wopster and vertex

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

we already have a monthly calendar and you can adjust how many days there are to each month .

All the animals need a bit of work

The rest , no interest in any of them
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Noraf wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:18 am As you play fs22 on PC, vehicle explorer would be a mod for you.

I tried it. My game didn't like it. It put the train in my vehicle line up and had it off the map with crazy graphics so I removed it.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
empato

Post by empato »

With the Mod you can also park vehicles, so you will not enter it during switching between the vehicles. That can also be done with the train.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Suggestion for the AI. It appears the AI algorithm for driving to a point first drives to the closest road to the field it is on, then considers what roads to take to the destination.
However, it appears it considers all roads equally and they are not.
My wife drives Semi and she has special maps that show her the roads that are capable of wide and tall loads.
It might be helpful to the AI if you had two designations for highways and roads so if the equipment is wide and tall it only takes highways.
on Elmcreek there are a number of constrictions that foil the AI. (narrow bridges, tight turns, construction zones in the town, etc)

Noraf

Post by Noraf »

According to a segment on last year's farmcon, it does not consider all roads equal, but will consider the type of road.
Asphalt > gravel > dirt

Not sure if that's also dependent on map makers setting splines right though, haven't been close to bother to check that out

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

empato wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:51 am With the Mod you can also park vehicles, so you will not enter it during switching between the vehicles. That can also be done with the train.
For just "parking" vehicles this has always been my go to mod.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Can we please separate cultivators from shallow cultivators. The shallow cultivator has the same seedbed game effect as a harrow so IMHO they could be moved to that group. They have different effects on the field and in the MOD HUB they are all lumped together and it is quite difficult to find one vs the other.

JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Helazak wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:45 am Can we please separate cultivators from shallow cultivators. The shallow cultivator has the same seedbed game effect as a harrow so IMHO they could be moved to that group. They have different effects on the field and in the MOD HUB they are all lumped together and it is quite difficult to find one vs the other.
When browsing through the different cultivators, it is stated on the right side, above the pictures, if it's shallow or not.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 am When browsing through the different cultivators, it is stated on the right side, above the pictures, if it's shallow or not.
In Game, in the Store, yes, but when browsing through MOD HUB many of the MODS have to be downloaded before you get to that in game message. There are 7 pages of MODS and many dont say whether they are shallow or not.

My point is that Shallow cultivators have a different game outcome cultivators. For game purposes a Harrow and a Shallow Cultivator do the same thing though they look different (disc vs scarifier).

I am a big fan of organization. Group similar things, make sub categories or more categories if necessary. Make it easyer for us to find stuff. Foragers used to be part of the Harvester category, now they have thier own.
Last edited by Helazak on Sat May 20, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eric21

Post by eric21 »

What?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Foragers have always had their own category
Playing on PC and PS4