A few ideas for a future update

SimulatedFarmer

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Also on some places you can serve beer and wine without a liquor license. They are treated as separate from each other.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.
Same in Canada, we have Beer and cider, Wine, and Spirits (which some call liquor) but are all considered alcoholic beverages. Beer and wine are sold in most places now, but unlike you lucky guys in FL, Spirits are only sold are government run stores (and fortune tellers). Kind of silly if you ask me but even Quebec who has the most liberal alcohol policy (you can drink at 18) still only sell spirits in government run stores.. *thumbsdown*
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.
Same in Canada, we have Beer and cider, Wine, and Spirits (which some call liquor) but are all considered alcoholic beverages. Beer and wine are sold in most places now, but unlike you lucky guys in FL, Spirits are only sold are government run stores (and fortune tellers). Kind of silly if you ask me but even Quebec who has the most liberal alcohol policy (you can drink at 18) still only sell spirits in government run stores.. *thumbsdown*
In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

DEERE318 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.
Yes Costco does have some pretty good prices on beer in QC. You can't be that far from me if you do that. In my town it's actually the "Home Hardware" that has the beer/liquor license.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
Yes Costco does have some pretty good prices on beer in QC. You can't be that far from me if you do that. In my town it's actually the "Home Hardware" that has the beer/liquor license.
If the name of your town sounds like a automobile brand, but isn't spelled the same then yes we're close. I've only seen one Home Hardware selling booze, and it was decorated with a train crossing a bridge.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yes it does sound like an automobile brand and is surrounded by other town with strange names like Moose Creek, not Elm Creek.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Here is an idea for a future update...

FIX THE STUTTERING THAT OCCURS EVERY 60 SECONDS.

No other game i play has this issue.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

DEERE318 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 am
deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm
If the name of your town sounds like a automobile brand, but isn't spelled the same then yes we're close. I've only seen one Home Hardware selling booze, and it was decorated with a train crossing a bridge.
Haven't been out to the old farm to take a look at it since we sold it. The view from the road is obscured by trees my parents planted year and years ago. Anyway pulled it up on Google Map, and everything it gone except the house and the machinery shed. Should have known the barn was gone when I couldn't see the old silo's from the road anymore.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Has anyone mentioned having ball and pintle hitches working in unison? I get it....a pintle will not connect to a ball unless you have a combo unit in real life. The way it is now, I have to cross my fingers that any future pickup mods will connect.
dwightschrute

Post by dwightschrute »

I really like the "seedbed" texture that the shallow cultivators and discs give the dirt. It would be nice to have a "seedbed" yield bonus. Doesn't have to be much, just something for incentive besides looks.

Also, make rocks actually cause physical wear on implements, not just paint wear.

It would be nice for rain to have an impact on fieldwork...too muddy and you get stuck. Just enough moisture and the planter/seeder population goes down due to clogged seed chutes (can't think of the specific term for the part).
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm
Same where I'm at in North Carolina. Only ABC stores can sell liquor and they are controlled by a governmental commission. It's crazy. We can buy other things at gas stations and grocery stores however.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
howey

Post by howey »

Personally i would like to see more crop types like Rye & Millet, Carrots and Onions like we saw on some maps on fs19. Then there is also others like Alfalfa, Lentil and even hemp as correct me if i'm wrong but it a good source of fibre material these days?

And also more chain productions to suit.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Idea 1: Hitches
lawm wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:06 am Has anyone mentioned having ball and pintle hitches working in unison? I get it....a pintle will not connect to a ball unless you have a combo unit in real life. The way it is now, I have to cross my fingers that any future pickup mods will connect.
I don't know anybody with a work truck that doesn't have a square receiver. I can go to Tractor Supply and pick up a pintle hitch for my square receiver for $150 rated for 12,000 lb. Why do all the pickups in the game only have a tow ball and can't transport equipment around?

It doesn't need hydraulics or a pto, just a hitch so I can transport my combine header to a field or move an empty loader.

its all about cost benefit. I don't want to use a $150k Roadrunner or a $130k Mann to shuttle equipment that a $35k truck can do.

Idea 2: Menus
Let me assign each menu to a key so I can go there directly. Or let me rearrange the order of menus so I can put my most common menu items near each other. Currently I can assign a button for the "last menu screen I was looking at" and one to go directly to the map. Let me assign buttons to all the screens. I have a few I go to often like Contracts and the AI map.

Idea 3: Contract options:
Contracts should be provided for more types of equipment. When do you contract for a subsoiler or why does shallow cultivation and deep cultivation both get credit? Say what you want, and want what you say.
Last edited by Helazak on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Ok a couple more small ideas.

1. another way to reset that does not use the map. Like maybe from the owned items menu in the store. I had a glitch send my stuff off the map and there was no way to recover it, Had to restart the game, glad I had autosave off.

2. on the construction screen the production facilities show what items they produce or store. But Silo's and storage bins do not. Can you please list what contents they can hold. I had to do some testing with save off to find which ones can hold woodchip.

3. Provide a way to change the order of the vehicles besides resetting. That would make it easier to group teams of vehicles.

4. Let me change the color of anything I own. If I want a purple John Deere, that my be sacrilege but I own it. Put a cost to it if it offends the purist.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder