A few ideas for a future update

Mushroom Farmer

A few ideas for a future update

Post by Mushroom Farmer »

Love the game but with a few tweaks, you could make this a game that appeals to normies, increasing your sales tenfold, with little effort on your part. Here's a few ideas. Hopefully others will contribute their ideas. Thank you for your time.

1. A monthly calendar where we pick our working days. This will help with immersion. I kinda liked it better before the update.

2. Livestock that are more than just different colors. That wouldn't take much and be fun.

3. Some form of entertainment in town. Perhaps work in a wife option, where if you don't take her to a restaurant once a year, she divorces you and all further income is docked 50% forever.

4. A cattleprod like Anton Chigurh used in No Country for Old Men, to put down eldery beef cattle that randomly annoy you with their startlingly loud mooing.

5.. A random scenario where your beloved family pooch contracts rabies from the wildlife and you need to obtain a .22 to put him, or her, down. Perhaps you could have 3 stages of foam on it's muzzle before it eats your family one by one, shades the happy Tammy died of consumption screen of Oregon Trail.

6. Seeing how the vehicles drive, perhaps add a stress meter that builds until you drink alcohol. This way the driving will feel more natural and would explain AI driver crashes.

7. Zombies.

Trust me, add that and you will reap the gold.
There's magic in them there mushrooms

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
cwattyeso

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by cwattyeso »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:52 am 7. Zombies.
We got that covered already. Just have to wait until October 31st or set your system clock to October 31st and all NPCs on the map become Zombies.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

3-6 : nope, for multiple reasons.
2 : Atleast for cattle there's a difference?
1 : That can lead to a lot of problems. Let's say you play on 2 days a month, and you picks the 1, and 2, to be the days...
And 7 already exists
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mushroom Farmer

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:08 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:52 am 7. Zombies.
We got that covered already. Just have to wait until October 31st or set your system clock to October 31st and all NPCs on the map become Zombies.
We are not worthy LOL That's awesome and kinda spooky time travelly.

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
Mushroom Farmer

Noraf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:14 am 3-6 : nope, for multiple reasons.
2 : Atleast for cattle there's a difference?
1 : That can lead to a lot of problems. Let's say you play on 2 days a month, and you picks the 1, and 2, to be the days...
And 7 already exists
3-6 were the best ones. Glad I didn't ask for marijuana as a new crop. Although a hemp/blunt factory would be gold too. Imagine if after a big factory delivery, the npc's would all be walking around smoking huge blunts and wearing hippy hemp shirts for a month? :)

2 was more for the pigs and especially horses. A simplistic breeding system would be sweet for thoroughbreds. Although I realize only so much can be done.

Although I'm being tongue in cheek, that I don't understand. If you only play 2 days of the month, what does it matter? If you select a two day month and choose those days to be the 1st and 15th, why wouldn't that work? Even with a 1st day 2nd day month. Is it that much different from picking a 1 day month?

I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea. And hunting sims are sold in Walmart. Not sure what it's like in Europe but NA farmers deal with groundhogs digging holes and eating crops. It would be a neat feature to have groundhog holes pop up where they effect yield unless you keep the population at bay. I doubt anything like that would ever be considered but it would add another realistic simulation aspect. Don't know if you are with GIANTS but thank you for your reply all the same.

h3rich

Post by h3rich »

You have to realise this is an ARCADE game that is made into a SIMULATION by modders. Giants themselves are too afraid to add anything that would ruin their PEGI3 rating and they would have to actually make some improvemetns to the engine and the game to have it sell the same amount of copies. Not just copy paste the same game every few years.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea.
Farm Sim is PG-THREE, aka PEGI-3, the lowest age possible. Even the most conservative church going parents would have zero problem with their young child playing this game. This is how Giants wants it. However, it does continue to shock me how old many of the players really are, but I'm sure giants loves that too - and this old flatulence doesn't want it turned into GTA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEGI
Mushroom Farmer

h3rich wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:01 am You have to realise this is an ARCADE game that is made into a SIMULATION by modders. Giants themselves are too afraid to add anything that would ruin their PEGI3 rating and they would have to actually make some improvemetns to the engine and the game to have it sell the same amount of copies. Not just copy paste the same game every few years.
I'm a noob with only 100 hours on FS2022 on PS4 pro. It seemed pretty simulation in vanilla. And to be fair, they added production chains. I paid 80 bucks Canadian, which is a bit harsh, but if they keep dropping mods and updates for the major issues, I'll be patient. If they don't resolve the major issues in a reasonable time and drop it to make the next one, I just will never buy anything from them again. But i'm hoping with the good sales, they get this right, reasonably quick.

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

There is a large list of things that won’t happen in game due to the PEGI rating, you happened to list quite a few of them. Hemp, tobacco, alcohol, slaughterhouses (anybody remember when PETA went after Giants? 😆) just won’t happen.

I’m not sure having scenarios where you shoot the family dog with a shotgun would fit in with the family friendly rating either 😆
Mushroom Farmer

dan1109 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:06 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea.
Farm Sim is PG-THREE, aka PEGI-3, the lowest age possible. Even the most conservative church going parents would have zero problem with their young child playing this game. This is how Giants wants it. However, it does continue to shock me how old many of the players really are, but I'm sure giants loves that too - and this old flatulence doesn't want it turned into GTA.

Yet it does contain bad language.

I'm sure they have their reasons but it really seems like the wrong audience is being targeted. Altho I get most wouldn't want a violent shooter/farming sim :D

But I really wanted a vineyard where I could produce top quality wine in a winery. Now Europeans, where children drank alcohol freely, are offended by wine. Strange.

Mushroom Farmer

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:41 am There is a large list of things that won’t happen in game due to the PEGI rating, you happened to list quite a few of them. Hemp, tobacco, alcohol, slaughterhouses (anybody remember when PETA went after Giants? 😆) just won’t happen.

I’m not sure having scenarios where you shoot the family dog with a shotgun would fit in with the family friendly rating either 😆
But Old Yeller is rated G :) and you'd be saving innocent people from a horrible death. My God, that's noble, even. Plus, it would raise rabies awareness. Imagine not wanting to save babies from being gnawed on by foamy canines?

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

I'm sure they have their reasons but it really seems like the wrong audience is being targeted. Altho I get most wouldn't want a violent shooter/farming sim :D

But I really wanted a vineyard where I could produce top quality wine in a winery. Now Europeans, where children drank alcohol freely, are offended by wine. Strange.
Even here, in Europe(ish) not many three year olds drink alcohol.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

Even here, in Europe(ish) not many three year olds drink alcohol.
But most do see their parents drink it most every day, especially in France.

Unfortunately, Giants, a European company, is conforming to radical views on both the left and right side of American ideology. Frankly, I don't think in the rest of the world they would care about slaughterhouses and wine...its what some farmers do!! Its an undeniable truth that everyone except Americans seems to accept. That's one thing that we Americans especially as of late, as a whole people, have problems accepting....truth and reality.
Mushroom Farmer

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am Even here, in Europe(ish) not many three year olds drink alcohol.
I wasn't aware the 3 yo age group was a large market for Farming Simulatior 22 :) Fair enough, Brit fren. I imagine that's more a French thing, at least in the past.

That's kind of weird. To think of Britain as not part of Europe. Or is it just as pertaining to the EU? Pardon my ignorance and off topic question.

dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:49 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:41 am There is a large list of things that won’t happen in game due to the PEGI rating, you happened to list quite a few of them. Hemp, tobacco, alcohol, slaughterhouses (anybody remember when PETA went after Giants? 😆) just won’t happen.

But Old Yeller is rated G :) and you'd be saving innocent people from a horrible death. My God, that's noble, even. Plus, it would raise rabies awareness. Imagine not wanting to save babies from being gnawed on by foamy canines?
uuug...stop the nonsense. The simple and final answer is either the head of Giants is a perfect saint, or they have analyzed this from a marketing point of view and have proven that their decisions maximize their bottom-line profits.