A few ideas for a future update

Mushroom Farmer

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by Mushroom Farmer »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am
I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea. And hunting sims are sold in Walmart. Not sure what it's like in Europe but NA farmers deal with groundhogs digging holes and eating crops. It would be a neat feature to have groundhog holes pop up where they effect yield unless you keep the population at bay. I doubt anything like that would ever be considered but it would add another realistic simulation aspect. Don't know if you are with GIANTS but thank you for your reply all the same.
Most because of the rating, but they would get a huge uproar from PETA and other animal right organizations. Farmers in the U.S aren't even "technically" allowed to use electric prods to help move, load, etc animals. It is a form of abuse to them. That's thanks to Peta. You are also supposed to tattoo with ink instead of a burn nowadays.

Edit: this game is supposed to being an idea what farming is like. There is no need to highlight the absolute worse. I have never had to shoot my own pet, watch what your dog does when outside, that would be morbid for kids.
How can PETA seriously complain about virtual reality? I know they screech at flies being swatted but still.

I understand farmers have to make a profit. I respect the hell out of them for feeding us, despite every government kneecapping them, while politicians produce NOTHING, but I saw a horse slaughter operation on vid and these horses were coming over to the workers in panic and they would use a rifle and many times they'd only take out an eye, because their heads were swaying. I personally think animals that have done so much for humans as dogs and horses, especially as they have some upper level animal intelligence, should be respected alot more than they are. And any operation that treats horses like that should be shutdown. Immediately. Other than that, PETA puts ZERO food on my table. Or anything tangible.

I apologize for the rant.
Oh, packing animals so tight in large (sic) breeding operations that they can't lay down, is criminal too.
There's magic in them there mushrooms

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

#3 - prenup
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:36 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm

Most because of the rating, but they would get a huge uproar from PETA and other animal right organizations. Farmers in the U.S aren't even "technically" allowed to use electric prods to help move, load, etc animals. It is a form of abuse to them. That's thanks to Peta. You are also supposed to tattoo with ink instead of a burn nowadays.

Edit: this game is supposed to being an idea what farming is like. There is no need to highlight the absolute worse. I have never had to shoot my own pet, watch what your dog does when outside, that would be morbid for kids.
How can PETA seriously complain about virtual reality? I know they screech at flies being swatted but still.

I understand farmers have to make a profit. I respect the hell out of them for feeding us, despite every government kneecapping them, while politicians produce NOTHING, but I saw a horse slaughter operation on vid and these horses were coming over to the workers in panic and they would use a rifle and many times they'd only take out an eye, because their heads were swaying. I personally think animals that have done so much for humans as dogs and horses, especially as they have some upper level animal intelligence, should be respected alot more than they are. And any operation that treats horses like that should be shutdown. Immediately. Other than that, PETA puts ZERO food on my table. Or anything tangible.

Oh, packing animals so tight in large (sic) breeding operations that they can't lay down, is criminal too.
Don't forget we are in a changing world, the suggestions you put in are US problems, we have deer and rabbits but we don't kill them
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:59 am
redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm judging by op's name and posts we can conclude that he is either an edgy 16 year old who wants every game to have some sort of shooting/killing. Or he is between the ages of 20-30, and his wife divorced him because she caught him doing mushrooms again.
The humourless Canuck rears his soy filled head.

Wrong on both counts, Mr. Lahey.
I don't think the liquor's working for him anymore.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:24 am
Don't forget we are in a changing world, the suggestions you put in are US problems, we have deer and rabbits but we don't kill them
What do you think we just cruise around and shoot everything we drive past? And yea his guy ain’t even from the US so get out of here with that ****
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I didn't say he was, but is a problem for American farmers and never mentioned shooting
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:35 pm I didn't say he was, but is a problem for American farmers and never mentioned shooting
Your post made zero sense. Please explain what is the u.s problem. Having confinement buildings that actually create healthy food option and keeps the animals safe from the environments? Or are you talking about hunting?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am How can PETA seriously complain about virtual reality? I know they screech at flies being swatted but still.

A lot of those slaughterhouse videos are incorrect of how they actually work, here in the states. Now others countries don't have regulations, so can't say what they do. I do think it is dumb when a horse breaks his leg, they kill it. I have had to euthanized animals that are suffering, but it is a humane thing to do. Now for Peta, they don't want people see it even on a video game because of cruelty to animals. They don't even like barn cats even though they are warm and have food and water and are free to do what they want. Peta is a messed up organization. Also you can have confinement buildings for animals that don't pack them in like sardines.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm judging by op's name and posts we can conclude that he is either an edgy 16 year old who wants every game to have some sort of shooting/killing. Or he is between the ages of 20-30, and his wife divorced him because she caught him doing mushrooms again.

Jesus if you couldn't tell that was sarcasm you must seriously be on something, I'll have to start putting /s in my comments.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Mushroom Farmer

redglasses wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm

Jesus if you couldn't tell that was sarcasm you must seriously be on something, I'll have to start putting /s in my comments.
Apologies, I made this thread in the hope of solicitating a laugh from one person. I've been lurking for a bit and you guys have been the single biggest help to me with this game I bought. 1st farm sim. 1st one that seemed buying, seeing the great excitement is slowly harvesting your beloved crop, which is now STONED all the time. But it's a simulator. It's what it's suppose to do. It's comfy. So I made a thread going from reasonable to ridiculous. Now, I realize you alot of you great people are uh, how can I say it, serious. That's cool! Like I said 'one'. One poster gave me a great laugh with his shooting fido's probably not family friendly ( lol) so hopefully he liked it. So with all that seriousness, and thank you to all those that replied to my thread, I sincerely wasn't trying to troll for anything but chuckles and other suggestions, serious or otherwise. So my disappointment in such an epic fail was to take your post as a personal rebuke, instead of a gentle chide. However it does tickle me that my mosr ridiculous request IS the one implemented. LOL

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
Mushroom Farmer

Just for the record, I don't want to shoot my dog 47 times over a 25 yr career because I can't afford his $43,000 a year shots.

Mushroom Farmer

redglasses wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm

I could tell. And Shirley don't call me Jesus. LeslieNeilsen.jpg

Mushroom Farmer

eric21 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:12 pm An RPG style game would be a no no, o think the majority of people wouldn't like that
I meant light elements. Maybe you get better discounts at the dealership with a certain amount paid to them. You get a bonus yield of 2% after so many acres harvested. Some more incentive to plow forward. You have to admit there's little payoff for grinding and making 100 million bucks once you have 50. However, and I'm no programmer, so perhaps the game is so packed full, and any significant addition would cause something to be cut, but I see nothing wrong with having options. You want a hyper realistic experience? Turn the options off you don't want. You want a mix of sim and elements that might cause a larger audience to support it, why not?

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

dan1109 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am
But most do see their parents drink it most every day, especially in France.

Unfortunately, Giants, a European company, is conforming to radical views on both the left and right side of American ideology. Frankly, I don't think in the rest of the world they would care about slaughterhouses and wine...its what some farmers do!! Its an undeniable truth that everyone except Americans seems to accept. That's one thing that we Americans especially as of late, as a whole people, have problems accepting....truth and reality.
You can get the E for everyone rating in the US with alcohol use, harvest moon has that rating. Also im not sure what part of the states you’re from but it’s pretty normal to see people drinking wine or beer around their children anywhere I’ve ever lived in the upper Midwest
Mushroom Farmer

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:37 pm
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am How can PETA seriously complain about virtual reality? I know they screech at flies being swatted but still.

A lot of those slaughterhouse videos are incorrect of how they actually work, here in the states. Now others countries don't have regulations, so can't say what they do. I do think it is dumb when a horse breaks his leg, they kill it. I have had to euthanized animals that are suffering, but it is a humane thing to do. Now for Peta, they don't want people see it even on a video game because of cruelty to animals. They don't even like barn cats even though they are warm and have food and water and are free to do what they want. Peta is a messed up organization. Also you can have confinement buildings for animals that don't pack them in like sardines.
I didn't mean to vilify every slaughterhouse. I think what I saw was in Canada but abuses go on everywhere, under the radar. But you can't paint the same brush upon all. I just think horses are noble creatures, and we as humans would be far less without their presence. I'm not hippie dippy. I think cows would be extinct besides zoos if they didn't provide such good milk and meat, but to see those horses go to the same people that were shooting them for 'help' in a panic crushed this ornery bastard. Like shooting dogs for meat.