A few ideas for a future update

Mushroom Farmer

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by Mushroom Farmer »

dan1109 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:49 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:41 am There is a large list of things that won’t happen in game due to the PEGI rating, you happened to list quite a few of them. Hemp, tobacco, alcohol, slaughterhouses (anybody remember when PETA went after Giants? 😆) just won’t happen.

I’m not sure having scenarios where you shoot the family dog with a shotgun would fit in with the family friendly rating either 😆
But Old Yeller is rated G :) and you'd be saving innocent people from a horrible death. My God, that's noble, even. Plus, it would raise rabies awareness. Imagine not wanting to save babies from being gnawed on by foamy canines?
uuug...stop the nonsense. The simple and final answer is either the head of Giants is a perfect saint, or they have analyzed this from a marketing point of view and have proven that their decisions maximize their bottom-line profits.
I'm just having a little fun. As I said, I imagine they have their reasons. However, being the premier farming sim, they should be gutsy enough to take the next step. If while having the option to keep it really frankly dull and traditional. While I was joking for comic effect, I do think they should try to be open to a slightly fuller experience. They nailed the farming aspect. But if every farmer farmed, and only farmed, with nothing else, there would be no unsuicided farmers. Riding horses was a nice idea. If there was a light rpg/life sim aspect, it would be amazing.
There's magic in them there mushrooms

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

We can look it the other way...You could argue they are trying to hurt our young-uns. Because kids learn in a FS game that you can't get hurt from falling or being run over by a tractor? You can even jump in front of the train and nothing will happen?? Somehow this is okay and teaching the kids about reality of farming and life isn't?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

An RPG style game would be a no no, o think the majority of people wouldn't like that
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

People here wouldn't like those things, until Giants fed it to them, then they'd eat it up.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

dan1109 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am
blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

Yet it does contain bad language.

I'm sure they have their reasons but it really seems like the wrong audience is being targeted. Altho I get most wouldn't want a violent shooter/farming sim :D

But I really wanted a vineyard where I could produce top quality wine in a winery. Now Europeans, where children drank alcohol freely, are offended by wine. Strange.
Even here, in Europe(ish) not many three year olds drink alcohol.
But most do see their parents drink it most every day, especially in France.

Unfortunately, Giants, a European company, is conforming to radical views on both the left and right side of American ideology. Frankly, I don't think in the rest of the world they would care about slaughterhouses and wine...its what some farmers do!! Its an undeniable truth that everyone except Americans seems to accept. That's one thing that we Americans especially as of late, as a whole people, have problems accepting....truth and reality.
As the man says in the movie "It's the little differences"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:52 am 1. A monthly calendar where we pick our working days. This will help with immersion. I kinda liked it better before the update.
2. Livestock that are more than just different colors. That wouldn't take much and be fun.
3. Some form of entertainment in town. Perhaps work in a wife option, where if you don't take her to a restaurant once a year, she divorces you and all further income is docked 50% forever.
4. A cattleprod like Anton Chigurh used in No Country for Old Men, to put down eldery beef cattle that randomly annoy you with their startlingly loud mooing.
5.. A random scenario where your beloved family pooch contracts rabies from the wildlife and you need to obtain a .22 to put him, or her, down. Perhaps you could have 3 stages of foam on it's muzzle before it eats your family one by one, shades the happy Tammy died of consumption screen of Oregon Trail.
6. Seeing how the vehicles drive, perhaps add a stress meter that builds until you drink alcohol. This way the driving will feel more natural and would explain AI driver crashes.
7. Zombies.
Trust me, add that and you will reap the gold.
1. No, because farming is a full time job. Farmers don't pick their days off, they take them when they can. We had a dairy farm and the only time you really got a vacation was in the winter. My parent would take a week or two off while I looked after the cows and then when they were back I took time off. Grain farmers are a little luckier as there's no much to do in winter except maintenance and selling crops to meet contracts.
2. We have beef and dairy cows in the game.
3. Just do it in real life. Can tell you it's not fun and won't make for entertaining gameplay.
4,5 Just no for so many reasons.
6. Play "My Summer Car" if that's what you want to do.
7. Zombie's as has been said already exist. Change you computer's clock to October 31'st and fire up the game.

Ideas that make more sense; (to me anyway)
1. Add potash to the Precision Farming DLC. It's used on a lot of farms nowadays.
2. Do something with potatoes and productions - maybe a factory that produces fries, chips, and uses oil from the oil mill
3. Same as above but do it with soybeans - used to make a lot of things - soy sauce, animal feed, Tofu (yuk) but "beyond meat" is a big thing these days.
4. New crop types, like peanuts and carrots etc.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

deerefarm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:44 pm
2. Do something with potatoes and productions - maybe a factory that produces fries, chips, and uses oil from the oil mill
3. Same as above but do it with soybeans - used to make a lot of things - soy sauce, animal feed, Tofu (yuk) but "beyond meat" is a big thing these days.
We have bread, lettuce, tomato, and...cattle...I was thinking of creating a mod for McDowell's. :)

Soybeans are terribly overlooked, considering the versatility of that crop. I just looked it up to refresh my memory...Soybean TIRES (from soybean oil) are a thing...wtf, lol.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am
I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea. And hunting sims are sold in Walmart. Not sure what it's like in Europe but NA farmers deal with groundhogs digging holes and eating crops. It would be a neat feature to have groundhog holes pop up where they effect yield unless you keep the population at bay. I doubt anything like that would ever be considered but it would add another realistic simulation aspect. Don't know if you are with GIANTS but thank you for your reply all the same.
Most because of the rating, but they would get a huge uproar from PETA and other animal right organizations. Farmers in the U.S aren't even "technically" allowed to use electric prods to help move, load, etc animals. It is a form of abuse to them. That's thanks to Peta. You are also supposed to tattoo with ink instead of a burn nowadays.

Edit: this game is supposed to being an idea what farming is like. There is no need to highlight the absolute worse. I have never had to shoot my own pet, watch what your dog does when outside, that would be morbid for kids.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

They already had a run in with PETA, I think it was around FS15 but May gave been earlier. I think their concerns were that slaughterhouses etc would appear in game. If I remember correctly they weren’t trying to hide the fact that animals get killed for food, but more that it would be almost impossible to make sure that the correct message was put across, like humane treatments etc.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They really need to do an ip ban on farmboss
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

judging by op's name and posts we can conclude that he is either an edgy 16 year old who wants every game to have some sort of shooting/killing. Or he is between the ages of 20-30, and his wife divorced him because she caught him doing mushrooms again.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:31 pm They really need to do an ip ban on farmboss
What good would that do?
Mushroom Farmer

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm judging by op's name and posts we can conclude that he is either an edgy 16 year old who wants every game to have some sort of shooting/killing. Or he is between the ages of 20-30, and his wife divorced him because she caught him doing mushrooms again.
The humourless Canuck rears his soy filled head.

Wrong on both counts, Mr. Lahey.

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
Mushroom Farmer

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:41 pm
Mushroom Farmer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am
I'm not sure about why GIANTS doesn't acknowledge that farmers kill animals, I imagine it's the same as producing wine, some rating issues where some large retailors won't sell the game if it's not pg-13. But here's a serious idea. And hunting sims are sold in Walmart. Not sure what it's like in Europe but NA farmers deal with groundhogs digging holes and eating crops. It would be a neat feature to have groundhog holes pop up where they effect yield unless you keep the population at bay. I doubt anything like that would ever be considered but it would add another realistic simulation aspect. Don't know if you are with GIANTS but thank you for your reply all the same.
Most because of the rating, but they would get a huge uproar from PETA and other animal right organizations. Farmers in the U.S aren't even "technically" allowed to use electric prods to help move, load, etc animals. It is a form of abuse to them. That's thanks to Peta. You are also supposed to tattoo with ink instead of a burn nowadays.

Edit: this game is supposed to being an idea what farming is like. There is no need to highlight the absolute worse. I have never had to shoot my own pet, watch what your dog does when outside, that would be morbid for kids.
How can PETA seriously complain about virtual reality? I know they screech at flies being swatted but still.

I understand farmers have to make a profit. I respect the hell out of them for feeding us, despite every government kneecapping them, while politicians produce NOTHING, but I saw a horse slaughter operation on vid and these horses were coming over to the workers in panic and they would use a rifle and many times they'd only take out an eye, because their heads were swaying. I personally think animals that have done so much for humans as dogs and horses, especially as they have some upper level animal intelligence, should be respected alot more than they are. And any operation that treats horses like that should be shutdown. Immediately. Other than that, PETA puts ZERO food on my table. Or anything tangible.

I apologize for the rant.

Mushroom Farmer

Mushroom Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:59 am
redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm judging by op's name and posts we can conclude that he is either an edgy 16 year old who wants every game to have some sort of shooting/killing. Or he is between the ages of 20-30, and his wife divorced him because she caught him doing mushrooms again.
The humourless Canuck rears his soy filled head.

Wrong on both counts, Mr. Lahey.
Oh, btw, I live in BC and although I don't own the land, own farm equipment or have a farm, I do pick Chanterelle mushrooms for a bit of coin. Not alot but probably enough to be a quasi 'mushroom farmer', on a meager level LOL

Thanks for your reply.