engine hours

Saskbuck

engine hours

Post by Saskbuck »

Found out the engine hour meter will not run while engine is idling but only will accumulate while moving......anyway of changing this? It is driving me nuts
StoneTheCrows

Re: engine hours

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Why is it driving you nuts? Just asking out of interest.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Because it's not realistic? Engine hours are supposed to show how long the engine has been running, this is important on tractors because they spend a lot of time running but not moving, waiting for the combine to fill, running a grain auger, waiting for the tractor to regen because the damn DPF filter is clogged again :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
humbe

Post by humbe »

Not entirely sure what you mean by engine hours... Operating time from savegame run at all times vehicles have engine on and equipment operating time runs all the time while hooked to a vehicle that has engine on. You can easily wear out a plow and a tractor by letting it just stand there with engine on.

From my tests they seem to wear faster when used but not by much

Actually.. You now also get wear just by time passing even with engine off though at a much smaller pace.
humbe

Post by humbe »

From my calculations you use about 25 hour of idling to completly wear out something if used or standing still with engine running or connected to running engine.. Real time, not game time..
Saskbuck

Post by Saskbuck »

FS19 had the operating time work......if you idled the engine 1 hour, there would be 1.0 on the meter.....fs22 it shows 0.0
My question is there anyway we can change this or is this something that Giants just missed?
Saskbuck

Post by Saskbuck »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:51 pm Because it's not realistic? Engine hours are supposed to show how long the engine has been running, this is important on tractors because they spend a lot of time running but not moving, waiting for the combine to fill, running a grain auger, waiting for the tractor to regen because the damn DPF filter is clogged again :lol:
Ain't that the dam truth!! lol......just would like to see this changed somehow to make it more like realtime
Saskbuck

Post by Saskbuck »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 pm Why is it driving you nuts? Just asking out of interest.
Just because it's not real.....a tractor that runs 1 hour (idling or not) still should show 1.0hrs
Florish

Post by Florish »

Its True, in fs19 on console, when starting a New map , i would always buy all equipment, connect as much tools as possible to the tractors, and let my ps run for 20 hours straight. I then could start with used and weared out tractors, showing scars. That's imposibble now....
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
humbe

Post by humbe »

Are you so sure about that? In savegames I still only find operatingTime.. And this value is increasing all the time engine is running for me unless they've changed it today.. I'm playing with auto-start engine off though.. Could it possibly just forgetting engine is not running after you go out of vehicle? Or there could be some bug related to having auto-start on?
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that this bugs lol
I've noticed that the engine hours only increase when I'm still in the tractor with it running. if I leave it running and get out, the hours don't go up.
FS19 always counted the hours, if i was in it or not.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Saskbuck

Post by Saskbuck »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:32 pm Glad to know that I'm not the only one that this bugs lol
I've noticed that the engine hours only increase when I'm still in the tractor with it running. if I leave it running and get out, the hours don't go up.
FS19 always counted the hours, if i was in it or not.
EXACTLY!!! LETS FIND A WAY TO FIX THIS
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

Yep bugs me too.I also used to leave stuff idling with the PS4 on overnight on FS19 to build the engine hours up/give it wear and tear.I noticed straight away from release day on FS22 that engine hours only accumulate if you are actually sat in the machine with the engine running.If you/your character stand outside the machine with the engine running,the hours don’t add on/accumulate.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

In real life, a diesel engine left running really doesn't use hardly any fuel, and certainly doesn't wear it out (so long as the right oil is used).
lawm

Post by lawm »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:51 pm Because it's not realistic? Engine hours are supposed to show how long the engine has been running, this is important on tractors because they spend a lot of time running but not moving, waiting for the combine to fill, running a grain auger, waiting for the tractor to regen because the damn DPF filter is clogged again :lol:
Sounds like someone needs a delete tube and a retune lol