Stuttering..still an issue.

W1der

Re: Stuttering..still an issue.

Post by W1der »

My game has been rock steady since the day i started playing fs22 ... it´s almost to good to believe it ... !
Rock steady at 51 FPS ... not sure why but I won´t fiddle with any settings as it performs so well!

When it comes to connecting a thing like an xbox or an apple TV to a fairly new TV ... GOD ... so many settings to account for ... it´s a nightmare!
It took me 3 months to set my new TV up with my apple TV ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Kaizer17

Post by Kaizer17 »

Mine also stutters. PS4. No problem until a few days ago.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Only time I have had stuttering and low framerate was when I had the "stop train" mod installed.

Cheers
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I bought the game and I have a 10900k/3090 and I a playing at a locked 60fps but every minute or so I will get a stutter. My GPU usage is like 30%

With RTSS open I can see it is a big frametime spike. Super annoying. Never had any issue like this on 19.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Rbk_3 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm I bought the game and I have a 10900k/3090 and I a playing at a locked 60fps but every minute or so I will get a stutter. My GPU usage is like 30%

With RTSS open I can see it is a big frametime spike. Super annoying. Never had any issue like this on 19.
There have been examples where OneDrive is periodically syncing the savegame folder and that seems to cause this kind of periodic stutter.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:51 pm
Rbk_3 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm I bought the game and I have a 10900k/3090 and I a playing at a locked 60fps but every minute or so I will get a stutter. My GPU usage is like 30%

There have been examples where OneDrive is periodically syncing the savegame folder and that seems to cause this kind of periodic stutter.
I will have to check it out after work, but pretty sure I have One Drive disabled
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I'll reiterate a point as comments are rearing up following the recent update...

When the game updates, it has to recompile its shaders - this results in temporary stuttering and will improve over a short period. You have to play through it for it to improve.

It doesn't solve everyone's issues, but it accounts for a majority of cases.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

I only experience Minor stutter in some mod Maps like Bredow. But not big deal. Game is awesome.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Derplodactyl wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:36 pm I'll reiterate a point as comments are rearing up following the recent update...

When the game updates, it has to recompile its shaders - this results in temporary stuttering and will improve over a short period. You have to play through it for it to improve.

It doesn't solve everyone's issues, but it accounts for a majority of cases.
Spending 5-10 minutes driving around the map speeds up the process quite significantly too when you first load up after installing a new map or updating. I think a lot of people do this without realising when they start a new map as they generally have a look around, but then notice after an update as they will just carry on playing as normal.
W1der

Post by W1der »

For me it´s typically enough to spin the camera around a few times to cash the shader ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Complexities

Post by Complexities »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am Still having to deal with stuttering which leads to massive frame rate drops.

No other game I play as an issue. Tried base game no mods and still does it. Checked the log and there is nothing there to suggest a problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still issues. Tried low settings and very high settings but no difference.

Looked in Task Manager and the GPU usage is fluctuating when the stuttering happens.

It’s to the point where I can’t even play the game.

3070ti, 48GB 3200mhz RAM paired with a 5800x on W11

Any help appreciated.
I too noticed a correlation between GPU utilization and the stuttering. My PC isn't so high end (R5 2600/GTX 1660ti) but it was always enough to smoothly run FS19/22 virtually all settings maxed and be in the 40-60 fps range even with a second monitor playing youtube/netflix... Nowadays I am getting 15-30fps stuttering all over the place, with no background programs running. And when it does stutter I can watch my GPU utilization graph dip as it stutters and come right back up as the stutter stops. GPU utilization drops down as low as single digits when this happens.(that said my GPU utilization is always low as is my entire PC utilization. (CPU avg ~40% GPU avg ~40 Ram avg ~50) It is truly sad as I am close to just uninstalling this game and I have put so many hours into FS when it was running good but now it is truly unplayable for me even after countless hours of troubleshooting, looking up forums and suggestions, playing with settings, trying to compile new shader caches, No mods, Base game maps and the list goes on. Some things help temporarily others do nothing some even make you think it is fixed then you get off go to get back on later and FS22 is right back to running like stuff again. No other game runs this bad on my PC so it really baffles me that I cannot seem to get FS22 to a playable state no matter what I try.
Complexities

Post by Complexities »

Also Ironically if I tab out of FS22 I can instantly watch my GPU usage go to 100% my Nvidia overlay for FPS tells me my FPS doubles in game with my 99% FPS being much closer to my AVG FPS, As soon as I tab back to the game it feels really good for a second or 2 then the GPU usage drops right back to 30% and my game is back to stuttering and terrible FPS. It is like the game is refusing to actually utilize my system when I am in the game. It doesn't make any sense to me.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

im going to ask a silly question here... but. ive just upgraded my graphics card from a 1060 3gb to a 1080 8 gb and the lower i put the settings the worse the stutter lol. anyway the question is if im running the game through steam would internet connection cause issues (not on multiplayer) i ask because my internet has gone to the dogs. download speed is barely 1mbps.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

tommo83 hit the nail on the head.. at least any issues I have had with fps or stutter lags. Any time it gets choppy, I restart my router and it sets it all right as rain. Not the only game that does it either. Lots of "offline" games these days seem to have this problem.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Two things that fixed stuttering for me, now i have stable FPS around 60, all the time. Does not matter what i do or how many equipment i pile up in one place. What graphics setting i use, does not matter anymore.

1. Every new map i take first i drive around on the map around 10 minutes, it will make new correct shader file this way. Also needs to be done if Giants updates the game, need shader update,
so every map you are playing needs around minutes car driving around the map. This will fix the big stuttering and big fps pikes.
2. Got rid of the Windows Defender virus protection, got avast virus protection. This fixed smaller fps pikes.

Worked on previous FS games, when i had problem with low fps, graphics is not a big problem but CPU needs to be fast, changed the CPU. New cpu with faster single core speed.
This might work with FS22, but i do not have older slow CPU anymore to test it out.