Slow Modhub Downloads

deerefarm

Slow Modhub Downloads

Post by deerefarm »

Is anyone else getting really slow downloads from the in game modhub the last couple of days? I'm trying to download a couple of updates and new mods and it's taking forever. The update alone for the X9 combine has taken 5 mins to move from 30%-33%.
All the other sites I visit, seem to be loading and running things at a normal speed. If it's my connection I usually can't watch youtube at full res, but that's not a problem right now.

P.S. I ran speedtest and it says I'm getting a 4ms ping and 220MBps download, which is a little slower than my normal 4-500, but...
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
chale8

Re: Slow Modhub Downloads

Post by chale8 »

I imagine it’s getting hammered by everyone jumping on there to get the latest mods that have been released.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chale8 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm I imagine it’s getting hammered by everyone jumping on there to get the latest mods that have been released.
Especially when Sealyp is trying to download todays mod.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

It was for sure struggling not long after todays batch of mods were added as the image loading problem was happening again.
Budshoot69

Post by Budshoot69 »

Mine has been super slow and I constantly speed test at 600Mbps+ DL, yet it takes me several minutes to download a 5MB file within the game's ModHub, meanwhile Steam's constantly downloading at 60MB/s. By the time I get my updated/new mods, I've lost my motivation to play the game, quite frustrating!
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Mine has started being horribly slow the last couple of weeks. It's terrible.
Farming since 2013
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I downloaded Calmsden last night. Took maybe 1-2 minutes. Not bad at all considering it's 500+ MB
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:58 pm I downloaded Calmsden last night. Took maybe 1-2 minutes. Not bad at all considering it's 500+ MB
Downloaded BR-163-MS a few days. Took me around 10 minutes.

In FS19 before FS22, I downloaded Chellington Valley which took about a whopping 1-3 hours.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
zulu354

Post by zulu354 »

Have the same issue. While my connection is pretty good, the ingame modhub downloads on snail speed. Waste...and really frustrating...
Budshoot69

Post by Budshoot69 »

I haven't played this game for a while now but decided to give it another go after watching some YouTubers recently who gave me the itch. It took me about 2 minutes to realize why I quit this game, especially early on when mod updates were very common - I spend more time downloading mods each session than actually playing the game.

I've got the same issue described above - it's taken me over 30 minutes to download the 410MB Stoney Valley 22. My normal Steam/Epic downloads run at a average of 60MB per second (yes capital B). Speedtest DL is 600Mbps on average so no reason it should take me an hour to download 800MB. I would love to see a response from Giants on this, do they really expect fans to continue to play this game and pay for DLCs when mod downloads are so unbearable?

Yes, I realize I can use the online version, manually download and put in my mods folder at a fraction of the total time of in-game but it's the principal of it. The modding community is what made this game what it is, the least the DEVs could do is respond to the issues with some type of information/cause and confidence of a future fix (whether to this version or the next).
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Budshoot69 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 pm I haven't played this game for a while now but decided to give it another go after watching some YouTubers recently who gave me the itch. It took me about 2 minutes to realize why I quit this game, especially early on when mod updates were very common - I spend more time downloading mods each session than actually playing the game.

I've got the same issue described above - it's taken me over 30 minutes to download the 410MB Stoney Valley 22. My normal Steam/Epic downloads run at a average of 60MB per second (yes capital B). Speedtest DL is 600Mbps on average so no reason it should take me an hour to download 800MB. I would love to see a response from Giants on this, do they really expect fans to continue to play this game and pay for DLCs when mod downloads are so unbearable?

Yes, I realize I can use the online version, manually download and put in my mods folder at a fraction of the total time of in-game but it's the principal of it. The modding community is what made this game what it is, the least the DEVs could do is respond to the issues with some type of information/cause and confidence of a future fix (whether to this version or the next).
If you dont play very often, then why bother updating? Just play the game, and then when you set your mind to it, update the he.. out of all the mods, while you do something else. And maybe aim for a better internet connection... An average mod takes me between 1.5 and 4 seconds to update with the fiber connection we have.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick