FS22 / Supplementary Watertank - Question

REN56

FS22 / Supplementary Watertank - Question

Post by REN56 »

Hi all,

In FS22… going into the in-game Construction section… to Buildings… to Silo Extensions… at the far right is a blue water tank that’s labeled as being a “Supplementary Watertank”… 5000L of Water… “This supplementary watertank helps you to supply your greenhouses with water. Must be placed near greenhouses” (description info).

After placing 3 of the largest sized greenhouses down, filling each one of them to the max with 19,999L of water… I then placed 3 of the “Supplementary Watertank” blue water tanks down just behind each of the 3 greenhouses (placed at the opposite end of where the water gets filled - just off to the side next to the greenhouse - so they’re certainly “placed near greenhouses” per the instructions). I tried to add water to these tanks (no luck, they never took a drop of water from my water tanker, & I couldn’t find any place to fill them or refill them moving the water tanker all around them). So I thought maybe they simply increased the greenhouse water tank to an additional 5000L from 19,999L to 24,999L so I tried filling those - nope, no water used from the water tanker, other than a tiny bit of water used from the water tanker ‘topping off’ each one to 19,999L.

Soooo, exactly what’s the secret on using any of these “Supplementary Watertank” things to actually know if they’re actually doing anything at all or am I just wasting $, space & slots etc. - they have no visible’trigger’ showing to fill with water - they don’t appear to be increasing the greenhouse water quantity by 5000L - so what am I missing or doing wrong with these things -OR- are these perhaps “bugged/glitched”?

Does anyone happen to know about these and how to get them to ‘work’?

Many thanks in advance for any/all replies!

Happy Farming! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Noraf

Re: FS22 / Supplementary Watertank - Question

Post by Noraf »

Known bug this one. Currently not working
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Thanks very much Noraf.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
reider

Post by reider »

I use PC so not sure about consoles. I got the mod "The _Wells";

https://farmingsimulator22mods.com/the-wells-v1-0-fs22/

I got the largest one and placed it on my farm. I have a field across the other side of a road from the farm, with 4 greenhouses on set to lettuce and auto sell. The Wells has 3 modes, Store (which doesn't seem to work), Distribute and Sell. Set it to Distribute and it will take water from a ground source and supply it to your greenhouses.

For me one large tank feeds 4 greenhouses easilly and not even near to them. Once the greenhouses get to about 19,000 litres or so a warning will pop up to say no more space. Set the tank mode to sell and it will sell the surplus water, making you a profit to cover maintenance etc. When the greenhouses drop to about 5,000 litres each set the tank back to distribute. Just check them every few days. Never a problem and been using it some time now, my son uses them also and again no problems.