The amount of deer?

johandenver

The amount of deer?

Post by johandenver »

Hi,

Is the amount of deer specific to the map I'm using?
I'm currently on Old Stream Farm and the amount of deer is ridiculous. They're all over the place, like 5-6 of them running around my tractor when I'm plowing. If this is a general thing and not related to the map, I really hope they'll tone it down in future updates.
Oddbob

Re: The amount of deer?

Post by Oddbob »

Yeah, there are far too many deer, and running near tractors at daytime. Deer are scared, they would not willingly run towards farm equipment.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

They only appear If you drive Deere.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I've disabled fauna for this reason.

Deer running in and out of sheds, in front of vehicles, in the city.
It got pretty ridiculous, just like crows on fields.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

On PC you can use this mod to stop them spawning in from what it says in the description, either that or we need a rifle and venison steak mod :biggrin2:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Yeah, I'll probably end up disabling fauna as well I think. It seems it has nothing to do with my custom map then. Hopefully this will get fixed eventually.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Deers running on water is the best feature tho.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I wish they would allow control of how often they spawn. I know they really wanted to show them off, but yeah, they are like kangaroos...I would much prefer they are only seen once ever hour or so, making it exciting, even wanting to give chase to it. But that desire ended 10 minutes after playing FS22...way too often.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeah.. Probably wanting to show them off. Would be nice if they spawned at some distance and rather stood still and ran away. And at a lower rate. I guess some effort to automatically detect what parts of the map they would actually prefer in real life.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

"showing them off" ? :lol:
Nothing shows off your programming skills better than deer that spawn feet from the player, run through solid objects, run erratically around moving equipment rather than away, and disappear into thin air.

I can't imagine what could possibly be going through quality control minds when they see this, and approve it for release.
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

There is actually some logic in their spawning. There have to be at least 3 trees in a defined radius and a few other things. It looks like they need to fine tune this a little (much). I made myself a script to make them more shy, that at least stopped them from running into my tractor so often.

They made cars behaving like brick walls and predestians are stopping for you to make the game kid friendly. It can't be their intention to have the suicide deers running around.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

May not be their intention to have the deer act like that, but they decided to release it anyway.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

On the ranch i worked for back in the day i often had deer within 25 feet of tractors, SP haying equipment, that i was using at the time. Areas where deer are often hunted may in fact be scared an take off, however in places where deer may be protected from hunting there as curious about us. In fact one doe would come lay down in barn where dairy cows would eat back when ranch was a dairy farm while i stacked hay with a electric conveyor. Y'all have a pleasant day.
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

It's just another feature that Giants decided to release in a half-arsed form.

Can imagine the office
programmer - "we have worked out how to get deer to appear in the vicinity of the player, but they appear very close, like under the feet of the player, same as the birds"
PR/QA - "just send it, it is another new feature, we can fix it in the next version (or the one after that)"
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?