Petition for VR

Sharris

Re: Petition for VR

Post by Sharris »

The vr can support using a sterring wheil and make the game more fun in general. (Sorry for bad spelling)
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

obisky wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:24 pm So I thank Giants for the work done with quality models, but I also thank Vorpx for making this fabulous game compatible in my VR headset. I hope I can continue to enjoy this great experience
Hello Obisky :)

Thank you for sharing your experience. Mind you sharing your VorpX settings ?

For the others, you have to try FS VR to tell about it, it's amazing :)
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
obisky

Post by obisky »

Hello @elgranjerou and enigmqtik

Sorry for the late reply, I already have a lot of work IRL (hay, harvest, straw...).

Indeed I started with an official Vorpx profile for fs22 (I can't remember which one), then I set Vorpx to stop setting Fs parameters so that I could optimize all the parameters I wanted in my own way.

When I have more free time, I'll be able to make screenshots of the Vorpx and Fs settings to help you if you wish.

@elgranjerou it's essential to have good fluidity in the game otherwise, like any other VR application, you're guaranteed to get motion sickness.

For the moment I haven't managed to find my happiness with reprojection, I run at 75 fps almost constantly with a Quest2. My 4090 runs at 50-60% most of the time with the settings I have (I still optimize from time to time), but it sometimes goes up to 98% when I'm looking at certain areas that are probably too busy.

In any case, the experience is very satisfying and I can stay in farming for hours without any problems.
obisky

Post by obisky »

hello, I took the time to make some screenshots of my game and Vorpx settings.

Vorpx

Edit: Screenshots 2, Image Zoom 95.
The image seems even less distorted when you turn your head.
Last edited by obisky on Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
obisky

Post by obisky »

Settings Farming 22:

Attention field of view must be reconfigured if before each game.
The Mucky Farmer

Post by The Mucky Farmer »

VR support would blow this game up massively. If any game deserves VR its fs22. I love ETS2 in vr.. so immersive. Its does not need to have hand support, just camera VR support.. PLZ DO IT>>> id buy the wheel and all kit and even pay for a VR expansion. Now ps4 has VR... this is a no brainer....
The Mucky Farmer

DEERE318 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:20 pm I hate to break it to you, but Giants will never achieve this for 22 or any version on their own. They would have to start from the ground and move up from there. That includes replacing their developers, tools, QA and testers, and anyone responsible for signing off on any of the last few game releases.

One reason why I'd like VR support in 22:
VR is cool.
They said that about Euro Truck sim 2.. and more people play VR now than pancake it does not need re writing. VR is soooo immersive. I would litterlly get lost in the world of farming in VR. imagine being in your tractor, or green house.. would be incredible.
The Mucky Farmer

FarmerSimz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:41 pm I’ve logged about 150 hours in MSFS and 500 in project cars 2 and can firmly say playing on pancake screens is like staring at a window instead of walking out the door. Sure it works and you can Farm around in 2D land but the immersion in VR is mental. The height, depth and feel of it all is second to none and FS2(next) needs it!

I can’t be the only one who wants this?
100% hard to go back to flat. Ya tried ets2 in VR? amazing.
The Mucky Farmer

Mobias wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:15 pm
JWE75 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:02 am Headache and motion sickness makes sure VR Will never happen with FS. Game sessions lenght and all The required movement makes sure of that.
Nah thats nonsense. People frequently use VR for hours at a time. I can fly a fast jet in flight simulator 2020 for over an hour in VR easily.
Drmattymd wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:23 pm They stated in one of the podcasts that there are no plans to implement VR as it is a niche market
I can totally see that for the time being the amount of time and investment required to bring VR to FS wouldn't make it worthwhile. However VR is getting more and more popular. Headsets are getting better and cheaper. Maybe they will do it one day.
ETS2 vr mode was developed and created by 1 dev.. as a side project. Does not need a whole team or cost a huge amount.
The Mucky Farmer

cheechako wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:52 pm Virtual walking in VR is a bit sickening and a lot immersion breaking. Dealing with lots of menus in VR is both annoying and immersion breaking. Manipulating things with your hands that don't resemble anything you are holding can be awkward and is immersion breaking. Many game aspects such as teleporting can be jarring and immersion breaking. And, of course, moving around in the real world requires real space you can maneuver in while being blind to your real surroundings.

Someone long ago (since this thread is old) suggested that I probably haven't spent enough time in VR to have such an opinion. Well, I have a homebuilt VR racing rig in my basement. It is the most thrilling and immersive experience I can have at a computer. But I sit in a car seat and hold a steering wheel with my feet on the pedals. I never get out of the virtual car. I rarely deal with menus. I talk to my "crew chief" to adjust various settings and get feedback.

In an FS session, I might walk, run, turn a steering wheel, manipulate joysticks, open a door, lift a log, use a chainsaw, access many, many menus, and much more. VR makes most of that awkward if not worse. And if I'm using VR controllers instead of a wheel and pedals, it probably makes driving a tractor worse too.
You sound like you dont know what your talking about. Hello games NMS has a brilliant menu implementation far more indepth that Fs22. ETS2 has the same, developed by 1 dev. It is not sickening at all, you need to get your vr legs, some of us can play for 2 hours easy. Don't need space either, ets2 is a sat experience and does not support hand controllers. People seems to be negative as they think it will take development away from the game. it will add and sell 10000's of ps5 vr headsets.. easy. fs22 vr headsets.. more money..
Lizardwrestler98

Post by Lizardwrestler98 »

Could the mod community create a mod under Gameplay category? No need for developer-side implementation, just download and use like other mods available. If someone in the mod community can make it work, I'll use it.
obisky

Post by obisky »

I could give a lot of money for this, but unfortunately I don't think it's feasible with a simple mod.
I think it's a real shame to pass up this opportunity when I see the satisfaction that this game mod can bring via vorpx.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

It would need to be an income generator. Giants doesn't operate the same as SCS. Giants pumps out new versions every few years.
obisky

Post by obisky »

implementing VR (just the view as SCS did) as an outsider like Vorpx has done is probably not the most expensive in terms of development time. (Vorpx does it from outside the team).
On the other hand, what's likely to take time is probably the optimization that needs to be done to be able to enjoy it properly with a mid-range PC, but on that point it would benefit everyone, not just the small VR group.

I'm willing to believe that it may require a new game engine, but I think the main problem may be that they simply don't want to be "impacted" by an after-sales service on a new branch that VR is likely to be complicated to manage.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

obisky wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:10 am but I think the main problem may be that they simply don't want to be "impacted" by an after-sales service on a new branch that VR is likely to be complicated to manage.
They did a poll several years ago, a few years before FS22 was released even if I remember correctly. Anyway there was questions regarding VR on there and one can only assume the reason we don’t have it is they didn’t hear it would be very popular feature. Or at least popular enough to make them money. I’m sure they’ll keep polling and inquiring into the future but I do have to say VR isn’t exactly blowing my mind on awesome games I want to play which doesn’t really help games like this. I have done the digital equivalent to pick up a game and check out the box on exactly one VR game and went meh I can live without it and put it back.