Petition for VR

eric21

Re: Petition for VR

Post by eric21 »

FarmerSimz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:41 pm I’ve logged about 150 hours in MSFS and 500 in project cars 2 and can firmly say playing on pancake screens is like staring at a window instead of walking out the door. Sure it works and you can Farm around in 2D land but the immersion in VR is mental. The height, depth and feel of it all is second to none and FS2(next) needs it!

I can’t be the only one who wants this?
I don't think how many hours you play a game makes your idea strong
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

olahaldor wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:38 pm Making VR - technically - is a different department than making a town or a city more detailed though. I get what you mean, but one wouldn't take away dev time from another in that regard.

I think Farming Sim would be more immersive with VR. Do we need it? Maybe not. But for those who enjoy VR, it makes absolute sense to play Farming Sim in VR because of the sheer size of things. Machines, tractors, implements, buildings, terrain..

I for one would love to experience my map in VR, crusing in a tractor I would never be able to drive irl.
Sure it’s a different department but I have always disliked that argument because it assumes money is infinite. Adding a whole other group of people who work on something completely different absolutely takes resources that could be used elsewhere to bolster staff that work on other parts of the game to improve them. That’s a tough sell for me personally as there are so many things that should be done to improve the farming aspect of the game. It also plays to the point some have brought up, VR is niche and so is farm sim. Popular titles have struggled to sell VR versions of games I would have a hard time believing that little farm sim has much of an overlap into the VR community to make the venture profitable.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

JWE75 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:02 am Headache and motion sickness makes sure VR Will never happen with FS. Game sessions lenght and all The required movement makes sure of that.
Nah thats nonsense. People frequently use VR for hours at a time. I can fly a fast jet in flight simulator 2020 for over an hour in VR easily.
Drmattymd wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:23 pm They stated in one of the podcasts that there are no plans to implement VR as it is a niche market
I can totally see that for the time being the amount of time and investment required to bring VR to FS wouldn't make it worthwhile. However VR is getting more and more popular. Headsets are getting better and cheaper. Maybe they will do it one day.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Just the thought of driving a bouncy tractor over a ploughed field is already making me feel a little seasick lol
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

I fear they will never bring it to us, but do I ever wish they would. Being able to sit in my chair and look behind me with my Oculus on, while still turning my wheel, and operating a joystick would be so immersive!!

X-Plane did it, I don't think their dev staff is very big, so maybe.
CNAFE

Post by CNAFE »

Im not one to post on anything and tend to let things go.

But VR in Farming Simulator i have allways wanted even bought Vorpx to do so and it was good fun and really enjoyed it.

Allways wanted to do the Tree harvesting with two joy sticks to Really get that smooth operation of the machine.

Was just missing that depth constant turning of the camera to line it all up or using the bucket on a tractor in VR you get all that.

now have a nice set up to play all these fun games. back when i bought the first oculus DK 1 thinking farming simulator would be amazing to play in VR.

That was released in March 29, 2013 not like it hasn't only been around for a few years coming up to a decade for VR.

Think i would play farming simulator more if it had VR.

Playing the game with T300 steering wheel, pedals, dual thrustmaster joy sticks, throttle control, H patten gear shifter, oculus quest 1 in a RS6 MACH 4 Flight Simulator Cockpit was FREAKING AMAZING!!

soild 9/10 why only 9 always room for improvement.

Setting up all the button control for it is another story. \07
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

FS is still working with 2009 technology, so it'll be a while before they catch up to March 29, 2013.
I'm willing to bet the farm that you'll never see Farming Simulator by Giants in VR. Best you can do is hope another game company comes through.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I do have VR glasses and it sounds cool.. Being able to just turn my head and look outside the side of the tractor for instance.. However.. I have a hard time seeing how it would happen. I might not know the full picture, but I suspect there's a ton of issues to work out. A few basic ones..
  • I would not want to turn my head 180 degrees when wanting to look out of the back of the tractor. I think VR works best when you can control the game through the VR controllers you can hold and take with you.. With wheel, pedals, side-panel and joysticks, several of which are screwed to the table, I can't actually move other parts of my body but the head.
  • I've yet to see a VR game that has anywhere near ok graphics generated on the fly. If my PC is to generate 3D graphics for the parts of a 180 degree or 360 degree sphere I'm not currently looking at, I will use most of the graphics performance for rendering stuff I'm not looking at.. I dunno if there exist good software for rendering parts of a 3D world that you're looking at to generate decent graphics, but 3D games I've tried have cartoonish and simplistic graphics, and even if something already existed, it would likely not work with Giants self-created 3D engine.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Giants did a poll few years back, vr wasn't highly popular
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Would love to see them try to implement this seeing as they can't even give us a working base game after 8 months of game being released.
Kayo

Post by Kayo »

Hi, signed up just to put my 2c and keep this thread alive. There are some third party software developers that can convert the game to VR but unfortunately I play on console and my PC *censored*. Every time I play or even watch one of the content creators play I think how awesome this would all be in VR.

It should be relatively easy. Small developers like Hello Games can do it for No Mans Sky and random programmers can just add it to the game like in vorpX. Only thing needed is just a camera conversion and the menus. Dont really even NEED to use VR controllers for this game. Just aim with the headset when not using equipment. Everything else stays the same. VR has grown a lot since the last time they polled this. Not to mention PSVR2 is coming soon so its a win-win. Just the free publicity alone of having a free VR update for coincide with PSVR2 release would be more than worth whatever the cost would be to add this. Hell, contact Sony, they might be interested in sweetening the pot for you given how much theyre all in on their new headset. GIANTS can even Skyrim this game for all I care and release a separate VR version at full price, ill bite, take my money. If not FS22 then please please please FS25!
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

That's all we need. People having epileptic fits because they had a VR set on and the system freaks out because the log physics sent a machine tumbling across the map.....
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

^^truth.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

I understand why some people wants FS VR edition. Personaly, I cannot see the usability for this. Of course, each one of us can have his/her ideas/suggestions/wishes, but this doesn't guarantee that Giants will follow.
I wish Angelina Jolie to visit my house, but this doesn't mean it will really happen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now let's see if a FS VR Edition will benefit Giants. How many copies of this edition will they sell? Will they cover their expenses? They will need to spend resources(money/time/working hours etc) in order to release VR edition. Will they make profit? I don't think so.
Farming Simulator is not a tractor simulator game. Is not about drive the tractor and cruise around. Is about farming, is about take care the of land, take care of the animals, take care various errands, etc.
IMO Virtual Reality is not necessary for Farming Simulator. If some players would like to test and use their VR gear, then they can play another game.
I don't want to start a petion against VR but I won't hesitate.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year 2023 and Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I would pay for a VR Edition over any of the current DLC's. (Which I haven't purchased...)
Old fat guy with a day job...