Modding ideas

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
johandenver

Modding ideas

Post by johandenver »

Hi,

I have a couple of ideas for mods that I can't seem to find (and didn't find for FS19 either). I don't know how to mod FS22 myself and what to do with the ideas so I'll just put them here. Maybe some brilliant modder stumbles across it.

1. "Background simulation"
I've found my "cycle of play" to end up with me preparing the fields, sowing and then fastforwarding to harvest. I guess it's like that for a lot of people who don't have that much to do in the winter.

My idea for a mod is to implement some sort of "background simulation". I wouldn't really be a simulation but rather a script that would determine how long a user had been offline.

In my head it would work like this:
- A player exits the game and the mod records the real life time
- Next time the player loads the save the mod would compare the exit time with current real life time and advance the game according to a personal setting. For example a 24 hours offline period could mean advancing the game 6 months. A nice touch could be to ask the player when exiting if he/she would like to use "background simulation".

This would mean I could go work at other saves or do real life stuff while my crops grow "in the background" instead of just fast forwarding the whole time. For me at least, it would add to the immersion of the game.

2. Seeds
I've never been fond of the generic seed thing. Why can't we have specific seeds for specific crops?
Sure, it would add another task, to replace the seeds in your seeder, but it would make it far more realistic IMHO.
Drmattymd

Re: Modding ideas

Post by Drmattymd »

Realistic seeder/ing? made individual seed types for FS19, but it hasnt made it to 22 yet
Playing on PC and PS4
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:09 pm Realistic seeder/ing? made individual seed types for FS19, but it hasnt made it to 22 yet
That's good to hear :-) Do you mean that you've submitted the mod to Giants?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

No, I mean somebody made it for 19 but I dont know if its being made for 22. The 19 version was not submitted to Giants, it was released on third party site
Playing on PC and PS4
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

I see, then I'll just have to hope someone does release something like that eventually :-)
Beda CZ

Post by Beda CZ »

Hi, i have an idea for mod.

Meat chain.

New building - Butcher. Input chicken/pigs/cows. Output Chicken meat/ham - sausages/beef.
Neww seed - musttard. In grape factory will be new input tomatoes/mustard, output ketchup/mustard.
In bakery wil be new products - Baguette/hamburger bun/pizza dough.
Products will be Chicken meat + flour = Chicken nugets/ham + pizza dough = pizza/baguette + sausage + ketchu(mustard) = Hot Dog/beef + bun + lettuce + Ketchup(mustard) optionaly cheese = hamburger/cheeseburger

Can be back in bakery or in new building.

All can be sold in fastfood restaurant.

:)
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Beda CZ wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:28 pm Hi, i have an idea for mod.

Meat chain.

New building - Butcher. Input chicken/pigs/cows. Output Chicken meat/ham - sausages/beef.
Neww seed - musttard. In grape factory will be new input tomatoes/mustard, output ketchup/mustard.
In bakery wil be new products - Baguette/hamburger bun/pizza dough.
Products will be Chicken meat + flour = Chicken nugets/ham + pizza dough = pizza/baguette + sausage + ketchu(mustard) = Hot Dog/beef + bun + lettuce + Ketchup(mustard) optionaly cheese = hamburger/cheeseburger

Can be back in bakery or in new building.

All can be sold in fastfood restaurant.

:)
I like these ideas for new production mods. I'm sure some of these will appear eventually :-)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'll be curious too see if any meat production mods make it on to the modhub given the stance taken in the basegame.
YukonMining90

Post by YukonMining90 »

I have a few ideas myself actually for the Mining Community of FS22

here they are

Superstacker (maybe with a hopper feeder to load paydirt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZsMbHdybI

Excavator Conveyor to transfer paydirt/material to the washplant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHTaxdRZ9U

Lastly, I was thinking if there's a way to implement a washplant mod into the game other than the factory ones that the Yukon map has, here is one idea, but idk if it is possible to make.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTohVVUXpZA
Camgillyboi1

Post by Camgillyboi1 »

Would it be possible to make a circus pack so we can have a circus tent that we can use and it could be a little bit like the one in fs19
Kouman

Post by Kouman »

A mod with series 80 or 60 landini would be perfect (for example landini 68-78-88-9880 or 58-68-78-8860)