Modding a forage pickup

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
michaelj15

Modding a forage pickup

Post by michaelj15 »

Hello guys,

Having some trouble with changing an xml.
In real life it's possible to pickup hay with a forage harvester in combination with a pickup right?
So, i wanna add hay as a filltype to the harvester/ pickup.
I changed the filltype from the harvester to foragewagon and the hay icon appears in the shop. Need to test if it works.
But when i change it in the same way add the pickup, it doesn't work?

Could someone help me with this?
I guess need to change something in the line below?

<cutter fruitTypeCategories="pickup" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester" useWindrowed="true">
<fillEffect>
<effectNode effectClass="TypedMotionPathEffect" effectType="PICKUPIN" linkNode="pickupEffectLinkNode">
<motionPathEffect textureFilename="$data/vehicles/claas/pickUp300/pickupArray.dds" numRows="16" rowLength="15" minFade="0.15"/>
</effectNode>
<effectNode effectClass="ParticleEffect" effectNode="pickupSmokeEmitter" particleType="SMOKE" materialType="smokeParticle" useFruitColor="true" emitCountScale="0.5"/>
<effectNode effectClass="ParticleEffect" effectNode="pickupSmokeEmitter" particleType="SMOKE" materialType="smokeParticle" useFruitColor="true" emitCountScale="0.5" worldSpace="false"/>
</fillEffect>
<animationNodes>
<animationNode node="mainDrum" rotAxis="1" rotSpeed="800" turnOnFadeTime="2" turnOffFadeTime="4"/>
<animationNode node="spikes" rotAxis="1" rotSpeed="-600" turnOnFadeTime="2" turnOffFadeTime="4"/>
</animationNodes>
<sounds>
<cut template="cropCuttingForage" />
</sounds>
</cutter>
Drmattymd

Re: Modding a forage pickup

Post by Drmattymd »

The game version of hay is dry and you wouldnt chop dry hay IRL. But if you want it to work in the game you need to add dry grass windrow to the header
Playing on PC and PS4
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

Oh okay, i thought here in the Netherlands they pickup hay in the summer. My bad ;)
Eische

Post by Eische »

Opposed to FS19, in FS22 dryGrass is not a fruit type anymore. That makes it impossible to harvest it using a forage pickup by simple changes in the xml files.

Not sure if simply adding dryGrass as new fruitType to the fruitType.xml would be enough.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

Yes that's right, i have read it on the forum. I have added drygrass but it didn't make any change. I'm just using the forage harvester for normal grass, like in real life. No problem 👍
dimitri001

Post by dimitri001 »

Does anyone make it work to pick up hay wil like as as example with krone big X and header the easyflow ???
Tried several attempts to make it work but i dont succed editing the XML files?

Thanks Dimitri