Does cotton regrow?

mrsnobber

Does cotton regrow?

Post by mrsnobber »

Since it is a bush, does it regrow without cultivating/seeding new things?
Beastbubba

Re: Does cotton regrow?

Post by Beastbubba »

No
PC gamer.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I waited a full year once waiting for it to regrow 😆 what a fool I looked to the other NPC landowners when it never did.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Only unowned fields grow random crops without any intervention.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

DEERE318 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:03 am Only unowned fields grow random crops without any intervention.
Recently I've noticed a lot of "lazy" AI farmers who don't do anything with their fields, just let them sit fallow for a while. To prod them along once in a while I'll buy the field, plant something in it, and then sell it back so they will do something with it. Sometimes they don't and just let the crop whither... :shock:
Wait is that field flipping or the opposite????
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Its a form of flipping because you're influencing what grows (or not), then passing it back for them to do the rest. I tried it on my first easy savegame because at that point I wanted more and more combinable crops and the cotton/etc was no use, so I bought a bunch of fields, sowed wheat, then sold them back. If flipping is okay for you, its actually quite a sensible thing to do.

"Fallow" was a valid rotation in days gone by. It does seem that the way FS22 randomly determines what happens to other fields, only some fields are worked though, probably a lower proportion than reasonable though.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

deerefarm wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:32 am
DEERE318 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:03 am Only unowned fields grow random crops without any intervention.
Recently I've noticed a lot of "lazy" AI farmers who don't do anything with their fields, just let them sit fallow for a while. To prod them along once in a while I'll buy the field, plant something in it, and then sell it back so they will do something with it. Sometimes they don't and just let the crop whither... :shock:
Wait is that field flipping or the opposite????
Perhaps some fields sit untouched in an attempt to save system resources. Or, there may be some sort of round robin selection.
It must be taxing on older hardware to have all the fields with wiggly waggly textures and animations a the same time.
aldodrem

Post by aldodrem »

It should act just like Cane Sugar or Poplar in the game becasue it to is a perennial (plant that goes multiple years without having to be replanted).
It's easy to know what you are against, quite an honour to know what you are for.
MooseCaboose

Post by MooseCaboose »

Grass, grapes, olives and sugar cane. You can set "needsSeeding to false in the maps_fruitTypes. xml file to make any crop regrow.