Holding back PC 1.3 update

Happy-Farmer!

Holding back PC 1.3 update

Post by Happy-Farmer! »

I'm wondering if Giants are holding back the release of update 1.3 for PC players whilst they have to submit the update to Sony and Microsoft for approval before they can release the update on consoles. I'm also curious as to why Giants felt the need to release a video on Discord regarding new equipment coming with the update, why is there no link here on their own forum. I also like the thought behind the video celebrating a new patch, when did a game needing a patch to make the game playable for some people be something to celebrate. Our we celebrating the fact they have actually fixed the game of celebrating because it only took 3 months and not 6?
Eische

Re: Holding back PC 1.3 update

Post by Eische »

Releasing a new version on PC prior to consoles will not work anymore with CrossPlay being a thing now.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Happy-Farmer! wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:34 am I'm wondering if Giants are holding back the release of update 1.3 for PC players whilst they have to submit the update to Sony and Microsoft for approval before they can release the update on consoles. I'm also curious as to why Giants felt the need to release a video on Discord regarding new equipment coming with the update, why is there no link here on their own forum. I also like the thought behind the video celebrating a new patch, when did a game needing a patch to make the game playable for some people be something to celebrate. Our we celebrating the fact they have actually fixed the game of celebrating because it only took 3 months and not 6?
Where is the video on Discord? I could not see.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I don't think its fair to say its "holding back", there is a process to go through to launch an update which involves submission to Sony and Microsoft for the consoles, just as there was for previous updates or the game itself.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah there is a process to go through for Consoles, meanwhile all the millions of PC players are sat waiting for a patch which could be provided to them instantly via Giants own site or Steam. There is no reason to withhold a patch and important fixes for the game from customers. Update the PC Players when the patch is ready to go, and then let the console players get updated at a later time when the Console Manufacturers have done their checks on the patch and issued their certificates.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Fanta4

Post by Fanta4 »

Funny fact.. Company like Techland needed only one Day for certification at Sony and Microsoft for they big patch. So i think Giants have to learn how to do quicker certification .
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Welcome to the wonderfdul new world of crossplay.....
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 am Update the PC Players when the patch is ready to go, and then let the console players get updated at a later time when the Console Manufacturers have done their checks on the patch and issued their certificates.
It may also help to highlight/find any problems that the new patch creates.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah exactly let the PC Players be the Beta Testers and Bug Finders for the Patch and be able to report issues to Giants, and save them from potentially releasing something on the consoles then that does more damage and causes those players to complain even more. That's one of the things I love playing games on Steam, there is that whole function available to Game Developers/Publishers where you can enable Betas or Test Versions and ultimately allow players to select which version of the game players want to run. Why not let us have access to Version 1.3 to try it and if we don't like it or we find problems, or for players that need to for crossplay purposes or whatever they can simply roll back to Version 1.2 when they want.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:20 am Yeah exactly let the PC Players be the Beta Testers and Bug Finders for the Patch and be able to report issues to Giants, and save them from potentially releasing something on the consoles then that does more damage and causes those players to complain even more. That's one of the things I love playing games on Steam, there is that whole function available to Game Developers/Publishers where you can enable Betas or Test Versions and ultimately allow players to select which version of the game players want to run. Why not let us have access to Version 1.3 to try it and if we don't like it or we find problems, or for players that need to for crossplay purposes or whatever they can simply roll back to Version 1.2 when they want.
Great comment. I totally agree. :this: *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Usually, the work flow is to finish all platform independent fixes first as well as focus on fixes relevant for the platforms where we do have a longer certification time. While we are waiting for the certification results, we do have the time to finish the builds for the other platforms, prepare the dedicated servers, create all installers, etc.
So usually there is not really much room to release patch on some of the platforms earlier.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 am There is no reason to withhold a patch
Apart from crossplay. But I would guess that would only be counted as a valid reason by people who use it anyway. 😆
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Do PC users care about crossplay? I"m genuinely curious. I don't.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

mackintosh wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:44 pm Do PC users care about crossplay? I"m genuinely curious. I don't.
Why wouldn’t PC users care? Surely it depends on if you have friends that play on other platforms, rather than it depending on which platform you play on.

I couldn’t care less about cross play, and I play on console. I just don’t do multiplayer.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:54 pm
mackintosh wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:44 pm Do PC users care about crossplay? I"m genuinely curious. I don't.
Why wouldn’t PC users care? Surely it depends on if you have friends that play on other platforms,

I'd say that is the only time it will likely happen as most of the PC servers I have ever used have non modhub or non crossplay mods on them, the non crossplay mods tend to be scripts and I certainly wouldn't be looking for a crossplay server to join for that reason.