Update 1.3

Ps4farmer

Update 1.3

Post by Ps4farmer »

First thing I noticed.
The slot count is getting a bigger problem after the update.
At the start of a new map save the slot count is higher before update old stream was 1066 now 1117.
Also I noticed that giants advertised before fs 22 was out that PS4 has 2749 slots.
Now after update 1.3 I have 2600.
So about 250 slots vanished.
I think it was necessary to do because of the crashing issues but the don’t mention it that slotcount changed.

So what is causing this?

On my test map I never was in the red or close to slotconcert limit.
When I open up my test game now it’s in the red and on the limit.
So vehicles use more slots?
Ps4farmer

Re: Update 1.3

Post by Ps4farmer »

After a quick look I noticed that for example the McCormick x7 uses 7 slots before update had a video of mrsealyp for reference.
Now it uses 10 more so 17 slots.
That explained why I’m in the red for my test map.

If every vehicle and equipment is like double as high then slots become a problem again.
So I don’t like the update so far
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

Map slot count is now calculated correctly, which will further prevent crashes on older hardware when loading into heavy savegames

https://farming-simulator.com/changelog ... country=no
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

"Improved collision of trees"

Yea, but did they fix them enough forestry is an option again?

And did they fix they graphic glitches?
PC gamer.
Ps4farmer

Post by Ps4farmer »

Amarlich wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:17 am Map slot count is now calculated correctly, which will further prevent crashes on older hardware when loading into heavy savegames

https://farming-simulator.com/changelog ... country=no
I understand that it is for preventing crashes.
But really did they mess up that bad. Needing that more slots to prevent crashing. It’s like they put out the game with big hopes and wishes but couldn’t deliver.
Now it is false advertising putting a article about much better slot counts then 19.
Don’t get my wrong they still are better then 19.
But not by so much that the advertised for.
They should change that article and put in the correct numbers.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Stutters on Xbox series S are almost gone, except from incab view, there are te stutters worse then before. At least I can play the game now, but like to drive with incab view. Giants, is it really that hard to do it right once? 3 months after release still those kind of issues....... :shock:
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

My slot count as changed on my Haut-Beyleron save.. max was over 5000 and now only in the 4000s. This is very frustrating as I’m on Xbox Series X. Can understand it causing issues on old gen consoles but surely they could have just changed it for them.

Correct me if I’m wrong but when slot count was announced for 22 wasn’t there different numbers for old and new gen consoles.. so that’s gotta prove it can be changed..
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Lexie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:45 am Stutters on Xbox series S are almost gone, except from incab view, there are te stutters worse then before.
Not sure how it works on console but on PC the shader cache has to load in, hopefully if they have fixed something you may see further improvements the longer you are on.
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

Norfolk farmer yeah console has to load the shader cache just like pc
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:15 pm
Lexie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:45 am Stutters on Xbox series S are almost gone, except from incab view, there are te stutters worse then before.
Not sure how it works on console but on PC the shader cache has to load in, hopefully if they have fixed something you may see further improvements the longer you are on.
The XBOX is essentially a physically small PC in a funny shaped box, so it could/should be the same. I've done a quick drive around Calmsden and seen the usual shader-rebuild stutters that, once gone, stay gone.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Is there a full change log anywhere to see what they’ve done?
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Simon738 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:05 pm Is there a full change log anywhere to see what they’ve done?
Yes. It’s been linked in a previous reply.
Hardkohrr

Post by Hardkohrr »

The slot count issue is concerning. its already affected almost all of my saved games! I hope they at least address the issue sometime today. any idea on what platform they would most likely announce anything? like twitter or something???
Console player - Xbox Series X and S
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The least likely place is on here..... whether there is anything to announce is a different matter if the slots were showing to be lower than they should have been and that has now been addressed then it could be just how it is going to be.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Hardkohrr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:36 pm The slot count issue is concerning. its already affected almost all of my saved games! I hope they at least address the issue sometime today. any idea on what platform they would most likely announce anything? like twitter or something???
Especially as fences etc have been added to the base game. Never used mods for them previously so that’s definitely going to affect my slot count.
The main reason i got a Series X was so i could play 22 on a better console with better features, but that now looks effy
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22