oh my goodness

chaskuchar1

oh my goodness

Post by chaskuchar1 »

if you have played this game for a few years you might smile at this. i have played old stream farm in every version since fs15 i think, fs 17 for sure and i really like the map. well, when i upgraded to 1.3 i checked and old stream farm was there. halleluiah! so this morning i started it up. oh my goodness, fs22 is incredible with the map. it's a whole new ball game. i was playing elmcreek and was no prepared for the change with osf. i have to start over again. i play start from scratch and hard mode. osf traffic is maniacal to move around. roads are tough, i need to find equipment that would work. i like the old ferguson equipment pack on fs19. good job giants and black street modding. thank you
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
JensChrDK

Re: oh my goodness

Post by JensChrDK »

So good to read positive comments on the game - a nice change from all the poison that we can scroll thru in this forum :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

today i found the black sheep in hiding. well, not hid but i accidently found him looking at the fountain. i bought the home place just like in previous old stream farms and this new one is great. a place for chickens and cows and pigs and sheep all laid out for me to get my livestock going. with the 1.3 update and my farm going, its going good. springtime i am going to plant some grapes. i do have a glass of cab while i am playing fs22.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:32 am i do have a glass of cab while i am playing fs22.
It’s sweet pink Sangria for me. I, too, love OSF and Black Sheep Modding. I’m not as ambitious as you at gameplay, but this is one great map.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

This map is great, I agree. Small equipment, all older. Just driving around on the farm tending crops and taking care of cattle! I love the feel of it. Big change from my Elmcreek save.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It’s a great map. Just a tip though on console, don’t try and remove the trees in the middle of field 8 unless you want a couple of hours work. 2 of the big trees are what I assume are custom trees and present quite a challenge. They can be removed, but the stumps are a nightmare.

Absolutely loving the map though, I have a good few hours invested in it 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I love this map, in part because it reminds me of my dad who grew up on a poor farm in Montana, USA until he joined the military when he was 17. I, sometimes, like to “play for keeps” reality-wise, but this one takes me to his stories of fields, Model-T and -A vehicles and old mules that 3 of the kids at a time would ride around the farm (poor Gert). He died at age 94 in 1998 and this old lady loved his stories and learning all the lore and military regimenting he could dish out. This “little girl” tuned up cars and read semaphore and tied every knot in The Blue Jacket’s Manual. For me, this map is the best ever, although I built a dirt farm on 17s No Mans’s Land in FS19. This almost seems like playing with benevolent ghosts.