Some Questions for the Autodrive Buffs

Dezza69

Re: Some Questions for the Autodrive Buffs

Post by Dezza69 »

raran wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am But you don't need to record courses in 22. If you want a custom grassfield mowed, just do the headland. CP then should detect the field. Or draw it on the map but that's a bit clunky.
Yep, it does. Mostly works okay too.

But .. :lol: ... I want to drive and record my own path. My brain likes it. It's how I enjoy playing ...

:biggrin2: Happy Farming!!!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I have made many custom courses with Courseplay in FS22. I just use the Record Button to create my own field edge boundary. After that you can just create courses as normal. I've done this for the Grass Fields and Meadows on Calmsden. I've not had to mess around with Autodrive or Notepad++ to create custom field edges with Courseplay. Yes trying to draw edges in the map view is a bit clunky, so that's why I record it with with the tractor or whatever vehicle by driving round the edge of my fields.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

:confusednew: Oh!!

I misinterpreted this thread for discussing how we use AutoDrive!! :lol:

… I use it to make custom CoursePlay tracks!

:lol: :lol: !!!!

:biggrin2: Happy Farming everyone!! :biggrin2:

Edit: I also use the really cool new CoursePlay Custom Field feature. It’s pretty cool. I quite like how it does bale wrapping/collection.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah being able to combine Courseplay and Autodrive is cool. I'm using it for said Bale Wrapping and then Autoloading and transporting to storage and unloading with Autodrive. So nice to be able to hand Baling and also Loading Wagon work to Courseplay & Autodrive and have that task automated without me having to get involved. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a bit of baling myself and collecting loose straw and stuff for my animals, but it can take over your life if you have to do it for every field.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:37 pm Yeah being able to combine Courseplay and Autodrive is cool. …. but it can take over your life.
(Can you see what I did there?? :lol: )

Yes - :biggrin2: I totally agree!!!

:lol: !!!!

Have an awesome day!!

fhinze

Post by fhinze »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:35 am
raran wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am But you don't need to record courses in 22. If you want a custom grassfield mowed, just do the headland. CP then should detect the field. Or draw it on the map but that's a bit clunky.
Yep, it does. Mostly works okay too.

But .. :lol: ... I want to drive and record my own path. My brain likes it. It's how I enjoy playing ...

Not only does our brain like it, sometimes it's the only way to setup the course exactly the way you like or need it to be. There are many reasons why you want your own custom course on a field... Do I need to bring in a real farmer to explain to us why you would want to do that and why this is still one of the most used features in real tractor GPSes? or is our own common sense enough - I hope so - lol
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The only time I like the recorded course irl is when it gets dark and I can see the field as well so I use the maps to see. Also with spraying it helps to see where you have been.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

There’s an external Java-based editor available for AutoDrive, here is its GitHub https://github.com/KillBait/AutoDrive_Course_Editor

… for those who like to draw all over a map … :lol:

Apologies if this has been already posted (missed it).
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

HELP! i dont know what I did but somehow I made all my red dots invisible. I have currently set the line width really wide so I can easily see my paths but I want my dots back. Can't find the right setting to bring them back.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Eische

Post by Eische »

Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
ccowan2126

Post by ccowan2126 »

Good information here. However, the only thing that I cannot find info on is how to use FOLDERS. Anybody know where to find that information?
Thanks.
Eische

Post by Eische »

What do you need in regards to folders?
1. From the AD hud open the settings menu and activate folder usage. It's on one of the settings pages.
2. exit menu and activate editor mode in the hud (the triangle in the bottom right)
3. open any destination drop down list and click on the green + icon (only appears in editor mode) in the upper right corner of the pick list to create a new folder
4. drag and drop existing destination points onto the folder you want (only possible in editor mode)
5. new destinations points will automatically end up in the default folder. From there you can move them into your favorite folder.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I am having some trouble with the fill and dump mode. I have a route set to go from my cattle barn slurry pipe to my central storage and when the tractor gets to the dump screen it stops. The waypoint is beyond the dump screen but it wont go over the edge of the dump. I have noticed this in other areas where it will come across a placement and will not roll over it.

Is there a setting I am missing?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Helazak wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:03 pm I am having some trouble with the fill and dump mode. I have a route set to go from my cattle barn slurry pipe to my central storage and when the tractor gets to the dump screen it stops. The waypoint is beyond the dump screen but it wont go over the edge of the dump. I have noticed this in other areas where it will come across a placement and will not roll over it.

Is there a setting I am missing?
Try moving your course away from one way or another from center.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

That helped.

Another question. I am setting up an infinite loop between a silo and my chicken feeding stations. The pens are in a row so I have a loop from the silo to the three pens and back. I have a waypoint at the silo for loading grain and a waypoint at the last chicken pen. The intent is when it crosses each pen it will dump and then loop when it runs out. It works well on pen 2 and 3 but I cant get it to stop at pen 1. I think it is too far away from the waypoint.

Any thoughts on filling all 3 pens?