Some Questions for the Autodrive Buffs

Eische

Re: Some Questions for the Autodrive Buffs

Post by Eische »

There is an option in the settings to increase lookup distance to triggers. Default value is 25m I think. Try increasing it.

Or:
Setup individual destinations for each chicken barn, put them in a folder and loop through them
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

"Setup individual destinations for each chicken barn, put them in a folder and loop through them"

I've not used that mode myself but this should hopefully kelp if you are not familiar with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vor8065 ... imulations
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

That did it thx.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Another question. I have a main highway set up with offramps to different waypoints like gas, silo's etc. However, for some reason all the vehicles like to take the gas offramp when they are just driving by. I have not had a collision yet but I want to encourage the vehicles to stay on the highway unless they are told to get gas. How does autodrive define prefered routes? I have tried putting fewer dots along the highway but that doesnt work. Is it a distance calculation?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Helazak wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:34 am Another question. I have a main highway set up with offramps to different waypoints like gas, silo's etc. However, for some reason all the vehicles like to take the gas offramp when they are just driving by. I have not had a collision yet but I want to encourage the vehicles to stay on the highway unless they are told to get gas. How does autodrive define prefered routes? I have tried putting fewer dots along the highway but that doesnt work. Is it a distance calculation?
You can set routes as primary or secondary when recording them
Playing on PC and PS4
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I havent seent that command. Please elaborate.

Eische

Post by Eische »

Check one of last posts in this thread.
There you find all key combinations.

You are looking for orange line. This is the green line equivalent as secondary route.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

OK I have a concept that I would like to make, but I am not quite familiar enough to pull it off. I think it can be done, but not sure.
So I want to make a parking area where there are 10 slots for tractors. (it could be inside a barn) I want to use a command to go park and have the tractor go to that area and instead of going to an assigned parking space I want them to take the first available one. So, try stall 1 if it is full try stall 2 etc. Think of a gas station with a lot of pumps. One of my farms is trying to go all electric and so vehicles will be parked for a long time charging.

Can Autodrive do this?

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

To my knowledge no, it can only go to an assigned parking space. It doesnt have the awareness to look for an available spot
Playing on PC and PS4
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I have been comparing multiple grass processes. Trying to figure out which one is smoother/faster. Starting with a mower and a windrow. The question is, best way to pickup the rows.
1. Bale
2, Using multiple forage trailers using courseplay to follow a widrow's path to pick up grass with autodrive sending them from the field to the silo
3. Using a forage harvester on courseplay withmultiple trailers on autodrive following the forage harvester.

1. I have yet to find a bale cart that can use a helper to pick up bales. Just cant get it to work right. The bale pickup feature in courseplay just goes squirly, and the bales are not systematicly layed out quite enough for a cart to use the windrowers courseplay with an offset. I gave up trying combinations.

2. Forage trailers work fine but they tend to block each others path and I have to unclog the mess, unless the field is large and wide. The less complicated the course the better. Each trailer has to drive the entire path not recognizing thy guy in front of him already did this part of the field. So waste of gas plus the drive time. The benefit of using mulitiple trailers is that it is similar to having one giant trailer with the sum of all capacities.

3. Using the Forage Harvester the trailers do not have to repeat work done by the other guy since the harvester is always at the current work location. Multiple trailers allows the next trailer to pick up while the others are unloading so the harvester keeps working. There is a little lag because the next trailer is waiting at the side of the field and doesnt come over until called. But that is not really that much time. The problem I am having is that the unloading vehicle can't seem to make up its mind if it wants to be on the right or the left or behind the harvester. When it is behind it is almost kissing the harvester but when the harvester moves forward it goes beyond the detection distance and stops for the trailer to catch up. It looks like there is a rubber band between the two expending and retracting as they bump down the field at a very slow pace until the trailer decides he has had enough and moves to the side and all works well then. But then it will decide, that it needs to move to the other side and the whole operation stops as he re orients. I think the forage trailers are actually faster.

Is there a setting in Autodrive to help manage how it follows the harvester? The only one I see is the follow behind distance which doesnt seem to help much. Using a Claas Harvester with an extended pipe. Do other harvesters work better?

snekko

Post by snekko »

You can use the foragetrailers, and let the first one start at the beginning of the course, and the second halfway the course. Usely one work at one side of the field, and the other at the other side of the fields, so you get less changed the block each other, and they wont work on the pad the other worker already has done, with the exception of the one that starts at the beginning. You have to stop it manually when it is halfway where the second worker started.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I get that. Works well on fields where you can keep the vehicles appart. Check out my last post on the thread "Map: Mars the Mission" viewtopic.php?t=205664 where I posted pictures. You can see how funky many of the fields are. But part of me keeps saying that the more expensive equipment should be better. I want the Forage harvester to be the right solution if I can just get it to work right.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Helazak wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:08 pm

1. I have yet to find a bale cart that can use a helper to pick up bales. Just cant get it to work right. The bale pickup feature in courseplay just goes squirly, and the bales are not systematicly layed out quite enough for a cart to use the windrowers courseplay with an offset. I gave up trying combinations.

Are you using basegame machines for the coureplay collection as I find it works quite well overall for me yes occasionally it will get snagged but overall im happy with it. The same goes for the bale wrapping mode you can't leave it entirely alone and normally in a field it may get stuck a couple of times and need a helping hand.